Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 05:59 PM

67 posts, read 88,633 times

Advertisements

I have noticed over the last couple of years in California and in my travels throughout this country an interesting phenomena. Black males have been getting thousands of non-black women pregnant and leaving them as single mothers. We all know the statistics about black males and black females regarding their illegitimacy rate but now it is crossing racial lines when black males date non-blacks. I live in L.A. County where black males are like 4-5% of the population but they are spreading their seeds all over the place and you see so many unmarried white, hispanic and even some Asians women with their black babies. I know people are going to say things like how do you know the father is not part of their lives. For one thing whenever I see these women it is in public places like the beach, the park and the zoo where most fathers tend to go with their families but these women are rarely accompanied by black males. I can never remember seeing anything like this or at least to this extent before Obama was elected or before the Kardashians were in the public eye. So my question is. Is this some kind of trend where women think it is cool to have an illegitimate black mixed kid?

Old 04-17-2015, 06:12 PM

919 posts, read 847,880 times
Darwinism.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:37 PM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
I have noticed over the last couple of years in California and in my travels throughout this country an interesting phenomena. Black males have been getting thousands of non-black women pregnant and leaving them as single mothers. We all know the statistics about black males and black females regarding their illegitimacy rate but now it is crossing racial lines when black males date non-blacks. I live in L.A. County where black males are like 4-5% of the population but they are spreading their seeds all over the place and you see so many unmarried white, hispanic and even some Asians women with their black babies. I know people are going to say things like how do you know the father is not part of their lives. For one thing whenever I see these women it is in public places like the beach, the park and the zoo where most fathers tend to go with their families but these women are rarely accompanied by black males. I can never remember seeing anything like this or at least to this extent before Obama was elected or before the Kardashians were in the public eye. So my question is. Is this some kind of trend where women think it is cool to have an illegitimate black mixed kid?
Here is an even better question. Why are women having illegitimate children in the first place, by any man?
And why is the race of the man so important to you?

Old 04-17-2015, 08:51 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Getting in before the thread is closed!

Regardless of whether one thinks it is racist to say it, the phenomena of absent black father/white mother with mixed-race child certainly exists. I've seen it quite frequently while out and about. Off hand, I can't think of any time I have seen the reverse (absent white father/black mother with mixed-race child). To be fair, I don't know if the black father has abandoned his child or is simply not present at the time I happen to observe the "baby mama." But in situations such as have been described, I rarely if ever see the father there. The law of random averages would suggest that I would see them at least some of the time, but nope.

Any sociologists out there want to chime in on what's the deal here? Is it just the "trendy" thing to do nowadays, and if so, why?

Old 04-17-2015, 08:57 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is an even better question. Why are women having illegitimate children in the first place, by any man?
And why is the race of the man so important to you?
Because op is obsessed with posting race threads.
But white females getting with black guys means more white guys for me

Last edited by Sommie789; 04-17-2015 at 09:06 PM..

Old 04-17-2015, 09:04 PM

722 posts, read 1,327,629 times
I remember reading an article about black single mothers, and the statistics were around 75% of young black women are single mothers.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:05 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times
People do realize one of the objectives in our evolution is to become a more unified race, right? In hundreds of years when we're all dead there will be waaaay more interracial humans to the point where it'll be normal. People after us are going to laugh that we cared so much about race, it's disgusting.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:10 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
Quote:
Better chance of having a child who is a professional athlete and making millions at age 20?

Another factor could be that mixed race babies are "prettier" so maybe they're going for the "Exotic" look..

Old 04-17-2015, 09:42 PM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
There is a 50 percent rate of illegitimate births among Hispanic women. Most of the time, it is not with Black men. A better question is this. Why does ANYONE have a child out of wedlock in the first place, regardless of race?

There is something else I want to point out. As long as the "Black male" dynamic is going to be discussed, I am going to put this into proper perspective. Where I live, whenever I see mixed race children being raised by a single mother, there is something else I notice, that no one is pointing out in any measure: the HOOD RAT dynamic. And when I say hood rat, I'm talking about the men who aren't going anywhere in life, who live off of their mothers, who are perennially unemployed or are basically losers. I notice women who end up raising children alone, they haven't sleep with the Black guy who is actually doing something with his life, or at the very least, the Black guy who is trying. They have slept with the lower end of the Black male population, the hood rat types. No one has addressed that part.

In my experiences, I've rarely seen the diligent, hardworking Black men do things like that. Of the Black men that I know of who are with non-Black women, only one has a child out of wedlock.

Another thing to consider is Los Angeles itself. More interracial dating goes on there than in many other cities.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:19 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,216,678 times
Quote:
Births to unmarried women
The birth rate for unmarried women declined for the fifth
consecutive year in 2013,
to 44.3 per 1,000 unmarried women aged
15–44 (Tables B, 15, and 16).

The 2013 nonmarital birth rate was 2%
lower than in 2012 (45.3) and 14% lower than the peak of 51.8 in
2007 and 2008 (Tables B, 15, and 16).

In contrast to trends among unmarried women, the birth rate for
married women, which had declined 5% for 2007–2010, increased 1%
in 2013 from 2012, and is up 3% since 2010 (from 84.3 per 1,000
married women aged 15–44 to 86.9) (Table B).

The percentage of all births to unmarried women was 40.6% in
2013, slightly lower than in 2012 (40.7%), and returning to its 2008 level
(Table C). This percentage peaked in 2009 at 41.0%. In 2013, the
percentage of nonmarital births varied widely among population groups,
from 17.0% for API mothers to 71.5% for non-Hispanic black mothers
(Table 15).

The number of nonmarital births dropped from 1,609,619 in 2012
to 1,595,873 in 2013, a 1% decline. The number had risen steadily
every year from 2000 through 2008, when it peaked at 1,726,566. The
trend since 2008 has been generally downward, with the exception of
a slight increase from 2011 to 2012.

The steepest decline in nonmarital birth rates in 2013 from 2012
was for younger teenagers, in the 15–17 age group, falling 13% from
13.7 per 1,000 to 11.9 (Table 16). Nonmarital birth rates also declined
for older teenagers aged 18–19, for women in their 20s, and for women
aged 40–44. Nonmarital birth rates reached historic peaks for women
in their 30s, rising 1% for women aged 30–34 (from 56.3 in 2012 to
56.6 in 2013) and 3% for women aged 35–39 (from 30.9 in 2012 to
31.8 in 2013).

Compositional differences by race and Hispanic origin among
states is a major contributing factor to the geographic variation in the

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_01.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates