Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 09:37 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Condoms don't protect completely from STD's. Only the part covered by the condom is protected. STD's can, and do, lurk in the parts not covered by the condom. People have gotten herpes from men who use condoms.
People do die in car crashes while they are wearing their seat belt, but you would have to be an idiot not to wear one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 09:41 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
People do die in car crashes while they are wearing their seat belt, but you would have to be an idiot not to wear one.
No one said anything about not wearing a condom. But it fosters a sense of false security to believe it will protect against STD's. People need accurate information. The one 100% protection against STD's is the so-called "female condom".

Old 04-18-2015, 09:50 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Sure, but the failure rate of properly used BC pills, IUDs and implants are MUCH lower than the accidental pregnancy rate. I don't see what your point is.
Because the OP stated that it was a "simple" solution, which it isn't. There's nothing "simple" about birth control, nor is there anything "simple" about sexual relationships.

Last edited by MoonBeam33; 04-18-2015 at 10:03 PM..

Old 04-18-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Because the OP stated that it was a "simple" solution, which it isn't. There's nothing "simple" about birth control.
It's actually pretty simple, taking a pill every day or getting an implant aren't rocket science. We allow people the responsibility of driving a 5000 lb car at 70 mph, yet people act like birth control is a big burden of responsibility.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
It's actually pretty simple, taking a pill every day or getting an implant aren't rocket science. We allow people the responsibility of driving a 5000 lb car at 70 mph, yet people act like birth control is a big burden of responsibility.
As has already been stated in this and many other threads, some women cannot take hormonal birth control, and non hormonal birth control has a much higher failure rate. Some men refuse to wear condoms because they "don't have anything." If it was so simple and easy then the unplanned pregnancy rate would be lower than it is now.

As for driving a car, people have to take classes and pass a test to get a license. In this country we can't even teach our children accurately about birth control, but expect them to just be able to "handle" it when the time comes.

Here's an excellent example about what is passed off as sex ed in this country:

https://storify.com/metkat_meanie/li...tinance-sex-ed

Old 04-18-2015, 10:40 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
About 20 years ago, more or less one New Years Eve, me and the saucy, hot, co-worker that no one could figure out why she was single, wound up trash talking after work. One thing led to another and I was taking her out to dinner. Made a stop afterwards for a bottle of Stolnichaya and 'supplies' and on to her place. Things proceeded apace until we got to the PG-17 part of the night. I wasn't looking forward to using the supplies I had bought but she was a one night stand, I knew it would not be an LTR. She informed me that she expected me to use two of them. At the same time. She was serious. That was that. I have my limits. I had to see her nearly every day for years after that disaster. But at least I was able to solve the mystery of why she was on her own despite above average legs and ... stuff. I suppose if she were to post in this thread she would sound a lot like the o.p. "No glove, no love... ..." most women I know say they don't really notice a difference between sex with a condom or sex without. I don't know many men that say that. When my wife and I first met online we took a little while to decide to meet. The first time I called her to set up our first date she asked me if I knew my HIV status. I did, but instead of answering I of course asked why she was asking. She informed me that if things got to that point she didn't want to have to use condoms. They did get to that point. Hey it worked. Together 10 years. A woman who doesn't play games (and hates condoms) is worth all the headache and frustration that living with women always entails <running, ducking>

H

Old 04-18-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
As has already been stated in this and many other threads, some women cannot take hormonal birth control, and non hormonal birth control has a much higher failure rate.
A small percentage of women cannot take hormonal BC. Those who can't should be VERY careful to combine multiple methods of non hormonal BC.

Quote:
Some men refuse to wear condoms because they "don't have anything."
Women shouldn't have sex with those men unless they are in a long term relationship and they are on a highly affective hormonal contraceptive.

Quote:
If it was so simple and easy then the unplanned pregnancy rate would be lower than it is now.
People are incredibly stupid and impulsive. It is simple and easy. People are just that dumb.

Quote:
As for driving a car, people have to take classes and pass a test to get a license. In this country we can't even teach our children accurately about birth control, but expect them to just be able to "handle" it when the time comes.
My sex-ed was extremely in depth. I don't know about other parts of the country, but if it isn't up to snuff it should be changed. At the same time it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to use BC.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:45 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
As has already been stated in this and many other threads, some women cannot take hormonal birth control, and non hormonal birth control has a much higher failure rate. Some men refuse to wear condoms because they "don't have anything." If it was so simple and easy then the unplanned pregnancy rate would be lower than it is now.

Here's an excellent example about what is passed off as sex ed in this country:

https://storify.com/metkat_meanie/li...tinance-sex-ed
That "source" was hardly a source.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:59 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,526,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
About 20 years ago, more or less one New Years Eve, me and the saucy, hot, co-worker that no one could figure out why she was single, wound up trash talking after work. One thing led to another and I was taking her out to dinner. Made a stop afterwards for a bottle of Stolnichaya and 'supplies' and on to her place. Things proceeded apace until we got to the PG-17 part of the night. I wasn't looking forward to using the supplies I had bought but she was a one night stand, I knew it would not be an LTR. She informed me that she expected me to use two of them. At the same time. She was serious. That was that. I have my limits. I had to see her nearly every day for years after that disaster. But at least I was able to solve the mystery of why she was on her own despite above average legs and ... stuff. I suppose if she were to post in this thread she would sound a lot like the o.p. "No glove, no love... ..." most women I know say they don't really notice a difference between sex with a condom or sex without. I don't know many men that say that. When my wife and I first met online we took a little while to decide to meet. The first time I called her to set up our first date she asked me if I knew my HIV status. I did, but instead of answering I of course asked why she was asking. She informed me that if things got to that point she didn't want to have to use condoms. They did get to that point. Hey it worked. Together 10 years. A woman who doesn't play games (and hates condoms) is worth all the headache and frustration that living with women always entails <running, ducking>

H
That's actually less safe then just using one. They rub against each other and break more easily when you wear one over the other.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:53 AM

Quote:
A small percentage of women cannot take hormonal BC. Those who can't should be VERY careful to combine multiple methods of non hormonal BC.

Women shouldn't have sex with those men unless they are in a long term relationship and they are on a highly affective hormonal contraceptive.

People are incredibly stupid and impulsive. It is simple and easy. People are just that dumb.

My sex-ed was extremely in depth. I don't know about other parts of the country, but if it isn't up to snuff it should be changed. At the same time it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to use BC.
Well, I can see you have all the answers! Time to run for president!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates