Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 10:30 AM

687 posts, read 915,816 times

Advertisements

There's also a good chance that'll backfire and that person could be recruited by an enemy into fighting against "us".

There's also a reason the military doesn't take criminals and other assorted dirtbags into it's ranks. No one wants a guy who is dishonest or malicious looking out the lives of their brothers in arms. Absolute trust is key.

Besides, it's one thing to kill an enemy, but in this day and age what happens when you release such murderers on civilian populations in other countries? Just another way to create more supposed terrorists. It was bad enough what we've done in Iraq and Afghanistan, both the US military and even worse with all the thug contractors we hired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 11:05 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,768 times
I'd go for that idea but with conditions:

-they receive no weapons and no training, they're on their own.
-all inmates with life sentences will do the same.

Most of them wouldn't survive very long as they're predators to the weak. In a war zone, especially in a war zone such as Afghanistan where they've been fighting for a very long time, they're not as likely to roll over as victims as civilians in America are.

I'm tired of my tax dollars feeding, housing and giving medical care to oxygen thieves when we have veterans, the elderly and those down on their luck who need help in this country.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:20 AM

797 posts, read 1,750,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood12 View Post

Why not put these serial killers abilities to good use?
Because they are mentally unstable and psychopaths.... Not the kind of people I would want to be around the men and women of our Armed Services....

Old 05-16-2015, 12:36 PM

781 posts, read 736,838 times
Better idea: round up all the politicians (from both sides...) and bureaucrats and send them. Make sure they get the suicide missions too....

Old 05-16-2015, 01:28 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Serial killers should be used for research instead of the innocent animals that are subjected to it.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:48 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,021 times
Serial killers usually have a sexual motive behind their crimes. They also kill because they feel inadequate and killing is a means to feel in control of their lives. Serial killers who have been in the military typically didn't do well because they had trouble with obeying orders, although for others the military gave needed structure and discipline but didn't address their underlying psychological problems. I don't think this is a good idea. We want professional and sane soldiers defending our national security.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:16 PM

2,462 posts, read 2,479,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
Better idea: round up all the politicians (from both sides...) and bureaucrats and send them. Make sure they get the suicide missions too....
I'd also include telephone solicitors and the two idiots on the Sonic Drive-In commercials.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:20 PM

573 posts, read 586,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

I say once they are found guilty of their crimes then lay them out in a hospital OR, harvest their organs then up the IV so they never wake up. Done and good people who need a second chance get the organs.
That would be cool. I think that strapping them to the gurney with restraints and then harvesting their organs while they are awake would be a fit punishment for their horrible crimes. Might have to wear ear plugs for the screams though!

Old 05-16-2015, 06:24 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
For starts, they tend not to be team players, nor do they take direction well. They are psychopaths.

Nice try, though.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:17 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,609 times
How would you feel about sending all the serial killers to war zones?

Isn't that what ISIS does?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates