Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 08:18 PM

678 posts, read 694,466 times

Advertisements

Peoples minds are al over they place. At the moment i dont believe in anything honestly because some of the stuff out there scares me but i want to hear what people believe in

Old 05-26-2015, 09:10 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,068,995 times
That the government doesn't care about you or me or anyone. That corporations are unethically exploiting resources to maintain wealth and keep it from falling into the hands of the workers. I believe this one because there's actually some evidence for it.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:22 PM

88,041 posts, read 83,864,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
That the government doesn't care about you or me or anyone. That corporations are unethically exploiting resources to maintain wealth and keep it from falling into the hands of the workers. I believe this one because there's actually some evidence for it.
I don't think that's really a conspiracy theory, though. That's just the way things work. People whose main goal in life is money and/or power are going to develop the greed and blind spots about others necessary in order to achieve their goals. That's not a secret or something that's hidden from us. That's human nature and the way it's been since the first group of cavemen decided they were in charge of everyone else and that they should therefore get a bigger piece of the mammoth meat. And the rest of the tribe let them.

Remember, there really is no such thing as "government" and "corporations". They are concepts. It is PEOPLE who are doing the things you described.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:55 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,068,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think that's really a conspiracy theory, though. That's just the way things work. People whose main goal in life is money and/or power are going to develop the greed and blind spots about others necessary in order to achieve their goals. That's not a secret or something that's hidden from us. That's human nature and the way it's been since the first group of cavemen decided they were in charge of everyone else and that they should therefore get a bigger piece of the mammoth meat. And the rest of the tribe let them.

Remember, there really is no such thing as "government" and "corporations". They are concepts. It is PEOPLE who are doing the things you described.
Well that's true of anything if you let it be. Sure, governments aren't products of nature, but in way, they kind of are. The earliest humans had some form of organization. Somewhere during our history, someone decided they could use that organization to their advantage and, well, we got what we have now.

But governments do exist. Yes, they're made up of people, but we will the government to have power, and therefore is does. It's true, the people can take it, but the more power it has, the harder that is to do. But it's never impossible.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:47 PM

23,877 posts, read 32,152,257 times
"The Government" is different from "Large corporations".

At it's best the government serves the public interest.

Corporations exist for one reason and one reason only. To make money in any way possible.

Now, we have corporations contributing to politics (Google "Citizens United) in order to control government, which is supposed to be "of the people, by the people, and for the people".

This is not a "conspiracy theory".

I do wonder about the assassinations of JFK, MLK, and RFK.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:24 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,562,557 times
sheena12 Whoever shot and killed JFK & MLK were Military sharp shooters and expertly trained. Do you remember the DC sniper years ago (John Allen Muhammad ) and how he was able to kill people from the trunk of his car?

Old 05-27-2015, 07:58 AM

8,073 posts, read 9,993,317 times
Quote:
SOME evidence? I give you the Koch Brothers for starters. Politicians, being what they are, just can't resist the temptation to take the tainted money.

I DO have faith in mankind and believe, at some point, they won't stand for their Country and resources being sold off to the highest bidder.

What amazes me is that it has been allowed to continue this far, and no "event" is in sight which will stem the tide. Rest assuredly, though, there will be a "moment" when we all least expect it and that will turn the tide.....or what will be left of it by then. Maybe a Bernie Sanders "moment"....????

Old 05-27-2015, 08:07 AM

11,649 posts, read 12,833,980 times
Moon landing.

It's not that I don't believe in it, I do question it.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:10 AM

88,041 posts, read 83,864,110 times
Quote:
Well that's true of anything if you let it be. Sure, governments aren't products of nature, but in way, they kind of are. The earliest humans had some form of organization. Somewhere during our history, someone decided they could use that organization to their advantage and, well, we got what we have now.

But governments do exist. Yes, they're made up of people, but we will the government to have power, and therefore is does. It's true, the people can take it, but the more power it has, the harder that is to do. But it's never impossible.
Perhaps I mis-worded it. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. Of course governments and corporations exist.

My point is that they are composed of people, individuals who each have their own agendas. When one is complaining about how the government doesn't care about them, one must remember that such an entity has no feelings or agendas in and of itself. It is the people who make up the entity who are responsible. Allowing them to hide behind the screen of a nameless, faceless "government" or "corporation" only makes it easier for the individuals to keep doing what they do.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:10 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,796,678 times
I believe that Bush had something to do with 9/11. I don't think (at least hope) he was involved in the planning, but rather just let it happen. US intelligence had been keeping tabs on and tracking Bin Laden for years and Bush was handed all that information when he took office. He and Cheney needed an excuse to go to war with the Middle East; it was the perfect opportunity. There is evidence that the Bush Administration had many warnings about an attack on the US, but little action was taken.

Evidence piles up that Bush administration got many pre-9/11 warnings - Investigations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates