Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 02:52 PM

24,473 posts, read 17,211,031 times

Advertisements

The Terrorists have won. They have managed to infiltrate our society and spread their brand of fear through out the civilized world.

Last night in Paris a large group of people were paying their respects when some idiot set off some fireworks and people started running for their lives. I would have too. With time the city will settle down but the fear will never go away.
Whenever I look up and see a passenger plane making a steep bank or unusual movement my mind goes back to Sept. 11th 2001.

The terrorists have won. What is it going to take to beat them?

I see the problem being a perpetual ignorant cycle. What does isis ultimately want? Even if we all converted to islam they would still be in the shadows ready to beat or behead anyone that gets out of line.
The solution in my mind is to kill anyone that has anything to do with any terrorist organization. There are countries that harbor terrorist groups so they need to be pressed by the world to stop giving them sanctuary.

Above all we need to figure out some way to stop kids from becoming interested in joining isis.
That might be the hardest thing to do similar to telling kids in America to just say no to Booze and Drugs but getting to the upcoming little jihadists is the way to end this terrorist cycle.

The Terrorist have won for now. What is it going to take to stop them?

Old 11-16-2015, 07:37 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,531,567 times
The "terrorists" haven't won. They are waging a battle on their enemies, just like France has been bombing them for months prior to the Paris attacks. I used parenthesis around the word terrorists because I truly believe that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. This doesn't mean I support ISIS, in fact I hate them but there are many who consider Western military powers terrorists as well. Also speaking of a perpetual ignorant cycle you are right, there is perpetual ignorance, on ALL sides. You have to know that ISIS is an extreme version of Islam, they're the extremists of the extremists, more extreme than Al Qeada. The goal of ISIS is not to have the West convert to Islam, their stated goal is to create a Caliphate ruling over the entire Muslim world, though most don't know exactly the extent of the territory they want to claim. The ignorance in the West is that the media acts as if it's a Muslim war against the West, when in fact if more of a Muslim war against other Muslims. Now I think ISIS needs to be eliminated but what a lot of people don't realize is the West, especially America, has a large hand in the chaos in the Middle East.

The 2003 invasion of Iraq destabilized the whole region, allowing ISIS to come to power, not to mention the resulting hundreds of thousands of deaths. But where is the outrage for the dead Iraqis, as compared to the hundred plus killed in Paris? How about similar ISIS attacks in Lebanon and Turkey? Or Boko Haram's victims in Africa? Why isn't the world standing with Nigeria, Lebanon or Turkey, as they bear a far larger burden of Muslim extremists violence. It's a double standard for sure. What is it going to take to stop people like ISIS? Well the first thing we have to do is look at ourselves in the mirror. I'm not advocating a total isolation policy but our military interventions in the Middle East contributed to a lot of the problems there today, including the Paris attacks. More boots on the ground is the least productive solution to this continuing problem of Muslim extremism. Letting Arab governments do more of the fighting themselves is a start, though of course as long as we provide weapons to certain groups, our enemies will use that against us.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:49 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,973,291 times
MY! You're a newcomer to this thing, aren't you?

This battle has been going on for decades, with one group or another, and the basic thing is that while groups come and go........we seem to still be around.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
I was surprised to hear France has already gone in and dropped bombs!!

Let's see now that the retaliation has begun, I say.

PS All our lives changed with the first Tylenol lacing...that's when terrorists won...
by changing our lives...taking our innocence and trust away from us,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates