Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 06:59 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,003,390 times

Advertisements

Trump's opinion. Enough said But since this is the Great Debates forum, I have to say more lol, so I'll add a few more thoughts by saying this moronic idea reminds me of the people who proposed that people with AIDS be forced to register with a goverment database as a way to protect public health. That of course wasn't necessary, since the best way to protect one's health from STDs is to take the personal initiative and use condoms or be abstinent. Also there are others who want all gun owners to register with a federal government database to protect public safety. The gun owner idea is done in a way via background checks, although some states do not require this and there are no background checks with gun sales between private parties.

Islam is a religion. That's all. Only a tiny minority of Muslims are terrorists. And the government refuses to recognize that the vast majority of murderers in the US who claim to be religious consider themselves Christians, thus, if Trump wants to be logical (if that's even possible), he should be proposing that Christians register in the database, not Muslims.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:21 AM

40 posts, read 26,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
So "true believers" don't actually believe in the Qu'ran??

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection." (Qur'an 9:29)

I can see no way to interpret this as "living in harmony with people from other religions".
I understand why this verse seemed to you and maybe to many people like it promotes violence but the translation you provided is not a good one , and the verse you copied isn't complete so let me explain this to you .

1)-Fighting does not always come in the sense of killing , fighting can also be intellectual , the verse you provided has pure historical meaning .Allah, ordered the believers to prohibit the disbelievers from entering or coming near the sacred Mosque. On that, Quraish thought that this would reduce their profits from trade. Therefore, Allah, compensated them and ordered them to fight the people of the Book until they embrace Islam or pay the Jizyah , the jizyah was affordable and when the Islamic state was threatened they fought for both muslims and non-muslims.

“God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers".60:8

2)-Quran never says to kill the disbelievers just because they are so , and never forces people from other religion to convert forcefully :

Say : O ye that reject Faith! I worship not that which ye worship, Nor will ye worship that which I worship. And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship, Nor will ye worship that which I worship. To you be your Way, and to me mine." 109:1-6

Say, ‘The truth is from your Lord’: Let him who will believe, and let him who will, reject (it):18:29

Old 11-24-2015, 07:53 AM

13,413 posts, read 7,418,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Seriously? Wow. While I don't like the idea of Muslims having to register I can understand peoples frustrations consider all the events since 9/11. I train and work with Muslims from other countries and have made friends with many. But I'm also very familiar with the vetting process used by State as I used to work there and honestly I'm not very confident in the effectiveness of it.

Anyone who allows Americans to be registered because they belong to a religion are cowards. I hate religion myself but I would rather die for our freedoms then live in a police state. That is exactly what terrorist want our country to be living in fear. Do you realize more are killed by the flu each year in this country then died in 911? The problem in this country is we have become a country that fears death. Death seems to have become something that we spend a lot of time worried about. When it's your time your time can't change that.

It's not just trump its lot of freedoms that I'm worried about, but he has a lot of crazy ideas that gets 30% in the polls.

Influenza and Pneumonia: 56,979 per year CDC

Old 11-24-2015, 08:07 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,814,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
I think the real question is: should we have ever allowed these people to immigrate to our country in the first place? Well, of course not. So now that the utopian "melting pot" has failed to materialize and we have a substantial, identifiable group who poses a real threat to our country and our way of life, wouldn't we be derelict not to take action?

It appears kell490 would rather die than offend Muslims, but I wouldn't. The "freedoms our country was founded on" did not include unfettered immigration of people who are hostile to America.
Yes, that are called white supremesists and Christian extremists.

Majority of fatal attacks on U.S. soil carried out by white supremacists, not terrorists - Washington Times

10 of the Worst Terror Attacks by Extreme Christians and Far-Right White Men | Alternet

Old 11-24-2015, 08:17 AM

18,553 posts, read 15,641,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Donald Trump recently said he agreed that Muslims should be made to register in a national database. Do you agree with Trump or not.

Donald Trump's horrifying words about Muslims (Opinion) - CNN.com
No, the 1st Amendment guarantees freedom of religion. By making those of a specific faith jump through hoops and lose privacy, you are effectively taking that away. Thus, Trump's proposal is unconstitutional. If we were to allow, as a matter of course, other freedoms to be abridged in a similar fashion, in effect the freedoms could lose much of their meaning once the hoops that need to be jumped through are made sufficiently complex or inconvenient. This interpretation of rights is untenable and thus to avoid a loss of civil liberty, it is imperative that Trump's proposal be rejected. (And no, slippery slope is not necessarily a fallacy!)

Old 11-24-2015, 08:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,885,779 times
sounds like a good idea so long as we also include Communists, Liberals, RWAs, Blacks, Mexicans, Chinese and Japanese. Latinos not Mexican and any of the rest. How else are we going to find all the people we are supposed to HATE so we can properly persecute them. Oh, be sure to add gun owners to that list.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:34 AM

1,274 posts, read 981,886 times
Unless you supported the Jews treatment in Germany right before WW2, that opinion of Trump should be despicable for any citizen of any country. It's basically the same as wearing a yellow star...

Last edited by Gasolin; 11-24-2015 at 08:48 AM..

Old 11-24-2015, 08:51 AM

1,274 posts, read 981,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
sounds like a good idea so long as we also include Communists, Liberals, RWAs, Blacks, Mexicans, Chinese and Japanese. Latinos not Mexican and any of the rest. How else are we going to find all the people we are supposed to HATE so we can properly persecute them. Oh, be sure to add gun owners to that list.
Why not register everyone and have them all carry a chip under the skin? A single scan and all your information is available, how convenient!

Old 11-24-2015, 08:55 AM

369 posts, read 194,093 times
Even coming from a slimeball like Donald Trump, this is so pathologically odious, constitutionally impossible and downright stupid that his campaign should careen to a halt right here.

Anyone who says, and means, la ilaha illallah, wa muhammadun rasulullah is a Muslim. How are you going to track that, Donald?

Old 11-24-2015, 08:59 AM

18,146 posts, read 25,356,417 times
The funny thing about this
is that the "corporate news media" keeps on promoting this "unbiased debates" of far-right wing ideas
and doesn't call them "UNCONSTITUTIONAL"

And then people go around saying that the news media is liberal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates