Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 11:23 PM

13,425 posts, read 7,427,874 times

Advertisements

Donald Trump recently said he agreed that Muslims should be made to register in a national database. Do you agree with Trump or not.

Donald Trump's horrifying words about Muslims (Opinion) - CNN.com

Old 11-23-2015, 08:11 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,815,074 times
Hell no. That is like Nazi Germany. It's racist and discriminatory.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:24 PM

19,127 posts, read 27,743,434 times
Actually, that is like USA of 1941. Birdy whispered me something about Japanese camps.....

But hell, no. Doing something like will only add more fuel to already existing firestorm and in a country that already is saturated with Muslims.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:17 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,275,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Donald Trump recently said he agreed that Muslims should be made to register in a national database. Do you agree with Trump or not.

Donald Trump's horrifying words about Muslims (Opinion) - CNN.com
Why don't you give your opinion if you want others to post one.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:21 PM

13,425 posts, read 7,427,874 times
My opinion is no American should be made to register. I don't think anyone who legally immigrates should be made to have a background check anymore then the people who came here 100 years ago. When you are pulled over have to present papers. When you fly on a plane papers are to be presented and a background check is done. Now Trump wants to register American's. I would rather have a terrorist attack and be killed then erode more of the freedoms our country was founded on.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:30 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,275,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
My opinion is no American should be made to register. I don't think anyone who legally immigrates should be made to have a background check anymore then the people who came here 100 years ago. When you are pulled over have to present papers. When you fly on a plane papers are to be presented and a background check is done. Now Trump wants to register American's. I would rather have a terrorist attack and be killed then erode more of the freedoms our country was founded on.

Seriously? Wow. While I don't like the idea of Muslims having to register I can understand peoples frustrations consider all the events since 9/11. I train and work with Muslims from other countries and have made friends with many. But I'm also very familiar with the vetting process used by State as I used to work there and honestly I'm not very confident in the effectiveness of it.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:43 AM

40 posts, read 26,450 times
America wake up ! the 9/11 was all made up :

The Real Truth Behind The Greatest Illusion Of All Time-9/11 by Brian S Staveley - The Real News Online.com

What is more frustrating is that some groups took advantage of this to make muslims think that this is real JIHAD but only the ones who are true believers did not believe this , Islam is about living in harmony with people from other religions , to seek knowledge and save humanity from becoming what it is like now , unfortunately the world is a mess and people are believing false facts .

Old 11-24-2015, 05:51 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,496,445 times
I think the real question is: should we have ever allowed these people to immigrate to our country in the first place? Well, of course not. So now that the utopian "melting pot" has failed to materialize and we have a substantial, identifiable group who poses a real threat to our country and our way of life, wouldn't we be derelict not to take action?

It appears kell490 would rather die than offend Muslims, but I wouldn't. The "freedoms our country was founded on" did not include unfettered immigration of people who are hostile to America.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:04 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal_Heart View Post
America wake up ! the 9/11 was all made up :

The Real Truth Behind The Greatest Illusion Of All Time-9/11 by Brian S Staveley - The Real News Online.com

What is more frustrating is that some groups took advantage of this to make muslims think that this is real JIHAD but only the ones who are true believers did not believe this , Islam is about living in harmony with people from other religions , to seek knowledge and save humanity from becoming what it is like now , unfortunately the world is a mess and people are believing false facts .
So "true believers" don't actually believe in the Qu'ran??

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection." (Qur'an 9:29)

I can see no way to interpret this as "living in harmony with people from other religions".

Old 11-24-2015, 06:12 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,649,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
I think the real question is: should we have ever allowed these people to immigrate to our country in the first place? Well, of course not. So now that the utopian "melting pot" has failed to materialize and we have a substantial, identifiable group who poses a real threat to our country and our way of life, wouldn't we be derelict not to take action?

It appears kell490 would rather die than offend Muslims, but I wouldn't. The "freedoms our country was founded on" did not include unfettered immigration of people who are hostile to America.
Funny? The Native Americans could have said the same thing about the European colonists invading their "nations" at the time.
I'm now singing "This Land is your Land" in my head!

By the way Religion is a conscious choice unlike race. One could be a Muslim today and become a Atheist tomorrow. Do you really want the Government keeping track of what religion you identify with as you age?
How do you prove what Religion or lack thereof do you need to get off a database?

This presumption is beyond crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.