Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 11:44 PM

24,130 posts, read 32,525,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
What interests me is the biological parents of this child who caused all this clusterf**k in the first place. Then distant relatives who didn't step up until later on, after it was too late. Let the kid be, knowing her tiny American Indian heritage is irrelevant to her well being, compared to being dragged away from the only parents she's ever known. She could've learned about maize as an adult. I didn't know what grieven und schmaltz was, or what pannettone was until adulthood, and somehow I survived emotionally intact. Do gooders and police state power strike again....
It always is the people from whom the the kid was removed who cause the clusterf**K.

If they screwed up and lost the child, why do they have a say?

The Indian Child Act was introduces to prevent Native American children from being stolen from their family homes for the purpose of acculturation into Anglo culture or adoption.

She is already acculturated into American Anglo society. She is happy where she is. She is - what? One 64th Native? This is crazy and it totally ignores the spirit of the law - which is "stealing" children and forcing another culture upon them.

I feel so sorry for this child and for her family.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:56 PM

671 posts, read 855,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
That's so dumb, how is someone with that little native blood considered a native?

American Science= "One drop rule"
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates