Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2016, 01:38 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

One of my pet peeves is people that don't wash their hands after using the toilet.

I notice this whenever I use a public toilet and guys walk out without of the bathroom without even a simple rinse.

When I was holidaying in parts of Asia, this seemed to be a regular occurrence.

This past Monday I went to see a movie at the local cinema. After the movie was over, I used the restroom. I also noticed many guys just walk out after using the urinal and not washing their hands. So it's not a 'cultural' thing since I witnessed this nastiness on both sides of the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 09:22 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,250,585 times
Lol. We have a secret blog at work that names the people who don't wash their hands after using the urinal or toilet. It's disgusting. In fact, I also use a paper towel to open the door as I am leaving the restroom. I don't want poop or dried urine on my hands after I just washed my hands.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:29 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Moderator cut: Off topic

Original poster: Some people don't care about their own hygiene, some are unable to keep themselves clean because of disabilities and no one to help them, some were never really taught how to keep themselves clean and others have some sort of reason or another. It is a personal choice and has to be taught however, even some who are taught just don't do it.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:57 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times
It really isn't that unhygenic not to was your hands after urinating. Urine isn't that contaminated by bacteria. Infact, you will encounter far more germs if you touch anything in the bathroom during the handwashing process, if you aren't meticulous, then if you didn't wash them at all.

Old 04-01-2016, 02:36 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
George Carlin takes on the issue=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnmMNdiCz_s

Old 04-01-2016, 03:05 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeechuk View Post
Lol. We have a secret blog at work that names the people who don't wash their hands after using the urinal or toilet. It's disgusting. In fact, I also use a paper towel to open the door as I am leaving the restroom. I don't want poop or dried urine on my hands after I just washed my hands.
My friend and I went through a whole crisis about this. Aren't the faucet handles dirty? I mean hands are dirty when placed there. They don't get sanitized between dirty hands touching and clean hands turning them off!

We were in there using paper towels to turn the faucets on and off and freaking out. We must have seen one of those 20/20's with a black light or something......

but yeah I want no part of the handle walking out. Especially in a restaurant!

Old 04-01-2016, 10:07 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,250,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
My friend and I went through a whole crisis about this. Aren't the faucet handles dirty? I mean hands are dirty when placed there. They don't get sanitized between dirty hands touching and clean hands turning them off!

We were in there using paper towels to turn the faucets on and off and freaking out. We must have seen one of those 20/20's with a black light or something......

but yeah I want no part of the handle walking out. Especially in a restaurant!
Lol. Speaking of black lights, try one in a hotel room. The tv remote is the most disgusting thing. The lamps are second.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:16 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeechuk View Post
Lol. Speaking of black lights, try one in a hotel room. The tv remote is the most disgusting thing. The lamps are second.
My husband carried on for awhile when traveling. He had to stop because the rooms were just too gross.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:00 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
It's my reasoning, the more exposed to germs the tougher your immune system becomes.

How one earth did I survive any number of trips to 3rd world foreign countries and didn't get sick once???? On a bus trip from Kathmandu to Pokhara, we stopped midway for lunch. Saw everyone eating their food with their fingers, and as I sat down to eat, I asked for a fork or spoon. And? No utensils!!! And the area to wash your hands? Yikes! And, I survived that one!

And you put one of these super-careful germ freaks over there for one day, and they may end up hospitalized after the first day!

I currently work in a Long-Term Care facility, I'm 66, and it shocks the younger workers when I tell them that up until the mid-80's we didn't use gloves back then to change diapers! And their reactions?

"Don't tell me you got poo on your hands!!" Oh, Pleeeeeeeez!!!

Last edited by tijlover; 04-05-2016 at 02:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates