Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:46 AM

16,553 posts, read 10,614,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Please find the state or local law where you live that allows the police to arrest someone for using the 'wrong' restroom. I'll be waiting
I didn't say arrest. I said removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 02:50 PM

35,019 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
Here's the thing, though: if you were a male pervert, you'd go into the ladies' room regardless of what the law says, because if you're going to assault a woman, you certainly don't give a care about the law anyway!
Except now we know that a man in a lady's room is in the wrong place; that might be far less clear later, thus giving more opportunities for crime.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:00 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,277,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This question is sparked by the great hypocrisy of the month. It has to do with paypal and other big companies that are boycotting North Carolina over their plan to bar transgendered men from using the ladies room yet these big companies have no problem doing business and opening offices in countries that are terrible for gay people. If you are gay in the Phillipines you can get lashed and face up to 20 years in Prison yet paypal has corporate offices there? SO why are they making such a fuss about North Carolina?

The article
PayPal, Apple lecture North Carolina, do business in countries far more hostile to gays - Washington Times

It is obvious that in America we want to make everyone feel welcome, safe and our laws provide certain rights for everyone. Personally I don't want a guy who thinks he is a woman that day go into the ladies room with my wife, mother, sister or nieces. The ladies room is a place where women can let down their guard a bit, do their business in peace, check their look and go back out into the world.
I don't think most women would be too happy when they are applying some lipstick at the sinks and some 6'4 hairy guy in heels comes out of a stall.
Let's give our women some peace.

Now I think gays, lesbians transgendered and miscellaneous others should NOT be discriminated against in any way but come on. They make up a small percentage of the population yet the majority is being asked to bend over to their ways.

So paypal and other companies refuse to do business with North Carolina because of this bathroom silliness yet they continue to do business with countries that have horrible human rights violations against gay people.

Should the majority of folks stop supporting these companies to protest their stance in NC?
Why can't paypal put in a third bathroom for transgendered people in their offices?

Men would you be upset if a woman came in to use the mens room ?

Women would you be upset if a man came in to use the ladies room?

How long will this PC nonsense continue before the majority says enough is enough?
I totally agree, I don't think biological men and women should be able to use the other gender's bathroom. I wouldn't want somebody like Chaz Bono in my bathroom or locker room. The reality is that she is just a masculine acting female.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:45 PM

9,526 posts, read 16,507,823 times
I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't care. Then again I have never been one to follow the crowd, on what America thinks is an issue. You would think transgendered people just now, started to appear in the self righteous USA. Really there are far more important things to worry about.. Transgendered people at least those I have worked with, seemed very good at their jobs. Considering the stress put on them from society. Perhaps that is why many seem to be in occupations, and live in locations that are more open minded. Really for a country made up of all types, for generations now. It is without doubt the most intolerant major country on earth. With all the serious problems society is facing, who is in the bathroom is what is making the news. It's really a sad commentary of life in America. It's no wonder we have such a messed up country. I don't recognize this country any more.

Old 06-01-2016, 04:04 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
The law was clear before all of this and was codified in 2005.

130A-118. Amendment of birth and death certificates.
(a) After acceptance for registration by the State Registrar, no record made in accordance with this Article shall be altered or changed, except by a request for amendment. The State Registrar may adopt rules governing the form of these requests and the type and amount of proof required.
(b) A new certificate of birth shall be made by the State Registrar when:
(4) A written request from an individual is received by the State Registrar to change the sex on that individual's birth record because of sex reassignment surgery, if the request is accompanied by a notarized statement from the physician who performed the sex reassignment surgery or from a physician licensed to practice medicine who has examined the individual and can certify that the person has undergone sex reassignment surgery.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedl...s_130a-118.pdf

If you wanted to look up your state you can see them here:
http://www.lambdalegal.org/know-your...x-designations

Old 06-01-2016, 04:30 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I've always assumed the reason for male and female bathrooms was because of different biological needs. Women need tampon machines in the restroom and disposal boxes in their stall. Men don't. Men can use urinals, women can't easily. (although I've often wondered why men use regular toilets at home but urinals in public restrooms).

If an individual doesn't care about the "amenities" in a particular bathroom, I don't care where they go. Just give me a private stall, and I'm good to go!
It's sort of important especially to women to have privacy when going to the bathroom. The whole pervert thing is stupid and specious. However, it's a well known fact that people will hold-it if they're around a partner. This is especially true to women. How many women do you know that will go drop one in front of other people? They don't and quite honestly I think you'd find Bigfoot before you find a woman that will drop azz in front of the opposite sex and it's not healthy for many many different reasons beyond just constipation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates