Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 11:23 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times

Advertisements

The answer for this seems to be for a business that is concerned about this is to put in a unisex bathroom but it wold have to be their choice not mandated by the feds.

Does anyone remember that TV show in the 90's "Ally Mcbeal" it was about a bunch of lawyers and their bathroom was unisex. Maybe the show was ahead of its time?

North Carolina sees men using womens bathrooms as a problem and they are moving to ban the practice. They are making a stand against a PC surge.

I still think that most women would prefer not to have some odd guy in the bathroom when they go in there. Transgendered people are not perverts but we all know there will be people who take advantage of any loop hole in the law.

A few months back it was all about the confederate flag and now the controversy is about bathrooms.

What is next on the horizon that will get the PC crowd outraged?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 11:26 AM

83 posts, read 77,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Leeching? Trans people, have become part of the LGBT community, because that community accepts them, when the straight community did not.
It's not all roses for Trans even in the gay community either, but at least they are more accepted.
How are they leeching?

What do you mean " off " is an orientation? I don't understand what you mean.
Ace refers to asexual, which refers to folks with NO sexual attraction or desire for men OR women. Hence my playful use of the term 'off'. I guess you're not quite up to date on this yet, eh?

And the gay world is very diverse; I assure you that trans folk are NOT universally welcome in it.
You don't hear about it because mindlessly liberal politically correct pressures exist everywhere.
Such opinions exist but they are not very vocal - yet.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:36 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
So paypal and other companies refuse to do business with North Carolina because of this bathroom silliness yet they continue to do business with countries that have horrible human rights violations against gay people.

Should the majority of folks stop supporting these companies to protest their stance in NC?
Why can't paypal put in a third bathroom for transgendered people in their offices?

Men would you be upset if a woman came in to use the mens room ?

Women would you be upset if a man came in to use the ladies room?

How long will this PC nonsense continue before the majority says enough is enough?
It's "Kind of" what it will be like in the end times. Those with the mark of the beast will prosper, those without will be slaughtered.

Thus, this is "Economic Slaughter" and soon it will be physical.

Just my opinion....

Old 04-10-2016, 11:37 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

What is next on the horizon that will get the PC crowd outraged?
Lack of unisex clothing?

Old 04-10-2016, 01:07 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Astounding to read these posts about equal rights being PC nonsense.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:13 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,020,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Lack of unisex clothing?
Yeah, but one company tried to create an "ungendered" line, and people didn't like it.

Zara Released An "Ungendered" Clothing Line And People Are Pissed

It's always something to be offended about...

Old 04-10-2016, 01:49 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Well, this is embarrassing. My math was off...it never was my strong suit. I thought that number seemed high... .03 percent of 10 million is 3,000. Which makes my point even more relevant. 10 million people -- around half women -- are supposed to be put in uncomfortable situations every day to appease 3 THOUSAND. Use common sense.
The additional error in your argument is that all of those millions of people, are uncomfortable with this.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:54 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,193,944 times
Do all you folks who are so put out by accommodation have sex segregated bathrooms in your homes? If not, why not?

Old 04-10-2016, 02:13 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,020,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Do all you folks who are so put out by accommodation have sex segregated bathrooms in your homes? If not, why not?
No, because only one person uses them at a time. Also, only a limited number of people -- who I know -- use the restroom in my home.

Apples and oranges.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:32 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greymatter46 View Post
Ace refers to asexual, which refers to folks with NO sexual attraction or desire for men OR women. Hence my playful use of the term 'off'. I guess you're not quite up to date on this yet, eh?

And the gay world is very diverse; I assure you that trans folk are NOT universally welcome in it.
You don't hear about it because mindlessly liberal politically correct pressures exist everywhere.
Such opinions exist but they are not very vocal - yet.
I know what asexual is, but I can assure you the term ACE is not used where I live.

I also know the " gay world " is very diverse, and I did say that transgendered people are not universally accepted with open arms but ARE aligned with the gay community because of similar human rights issues and that the gay community overall is MORE accepting that the straight one.

You seem to be arguing with yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates