Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2016, 12:45 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,117,399 times

Advertisements

Transgenders, gays, muslims, transexuals, and illegal immigrants should get whatever they want. Christians, especially white ones should always be put down and made fun of. These are the current American standards. Do Not EVER hold the first group accountable, but blame Christians for all the problems in our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 12:52 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,937,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Transgenders, gays, muslims, transexuals, and illegal immigrants should get whatever they want. Christians, especially white ones should always be put down and made fun of. These are the current American standards. Do Not EVER hold the first group accountable, but blame Christians for all the problems in our nation.
Yeah, christians can be pretty ignorant, especially the fundamental evangelical kind. You know, the ones who deny science, and embrace myths propagated by bronzed aged, superstitious, ignorant wandering tribes of desert goat herders. They SHOULD be relegated to the scrap heaps of those that still believe in fairy tales if they think their fairy tales should dictate how society acts.

Old 04-11-2016, 12:53 PM

17,335 posts, read 12,292,973 times
"When you are used to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

My sister and I grew up in Europe being Air Force brats. Unisex toilets all over the place there. Was never an issue. Though it was funny when tourist groups would divide up by gender and only send one in at a time, just to have locals of either gender stream in anyway.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:00 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,028,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Yeah, christians can be pretty ignorant, especially the fundamental evangelical kind. You know, the ones who deny science, and embrace myths propagated by bronzed aged, superstitious, ignorant wandering tribes of desert goat herders. They SHOULD be relegated to the scrap heaps of those that still believe in fairy tales if they think their fairy tales should dictate how society acts.
You know what? I'm not a religious person. However, I don't understand why today's liberals are ready to bend over backwards to keep Muslims happy but act as if Christians are the worst thing to ever happen to our country. Newsflash, 70 percent of the people in this country identify as being Christian, while less than one percent are Muslim.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:26 PM

Muslims aren't the ones currently passing laws to discriminate based on their religion in the US.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:33 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,937,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
You know what? I'm not a religious person. However, I don't understand why today's liberals are ready to bend over backwards to keep Muslims happy but act as if Christians are the worst thing to ever happen to our country. Newsflash, 70 percent of the people in this country identify as being Christian, while less than one percent are Muslim.
I do agree the bend over backwards not only to Muslims, but anything that is the latest 'social justice' trend is a weak intellectual exercise. I'm probably more libertarian than anything else, so I get really turned off by excesses on both the left and the right. It was not that long ago that presidential candidates, and presidents, no matter what party, were Americans first and did what they thought was best for the whole nation, not just their base. That started declining with Clinton followed by Bush, although I still think both had the best interest of the nation at heart, even if you don't agree with their politics. I can't say I feel the same about Obama, and certainly not of any of the existing candidates that are left, with perhaps Kasich being the exception.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:53 PM

Absolutism is definitely on the rise with compromise being seen as a weakness.

I don't get all the hate on Obama he hasn't been able to do much with a combative legislature. Obamacare is just RomneyCare by another name. Regardless of what he wants to do, what he actually has done has not been much different than Bush. Neither will Clinton be, who is surely the next president.

Religious right propoganda sure has done a number on the Republican Party. Advocating for equal rights and freedoms and getting religion out of gov't should be a very conservative notion. Citing the bible as influence for laws or development of this nation would surely have the founding fathers spinning in their graves of such a thing were possible.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:55 PM

51,657 posts, read 25,882,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Even if only .0005% of the population was Muslim or LBGT or ??? our nation is based on the all men (?) are created equal principal. Everyone is supposed to be treated equally in the U.S., not just the chosen ones.

Christians are forever trying to cram their notions down everyone else's throat. Just because they don't think abortion or birth control or homosexuality is right, why should everyone in the nation have to live according to their notion of what's right and wrong?

That churches get a tax free ride while actively promoting their political views is nonsense.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:02 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,097,510 times
[quote=notnamed;43677938]"When you are used to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

My sister and I grew up in Europe being Air Force brats. Unisex toilets all over the place there. Was never an issue. Though it was funny when tourist groups would divide up by

Was just thinking the same thing. European bathrooms are unisex. You go in....whoever you are.....do your business, and leave. It is not a big deal. Funny how in American we see half naked folks on billboards selling jeans or condoms, but we get all queasy when we go to the bathroom.

Americans need to get over it.

I don't get the big deal.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:08 PM

It comes down to fear. Despite all the bravado about courage and fighting off a wild pack of 100 sex crazed burglar rapist murderers with our God given guns. We the people(of certain states anyway) are scared about a transgender person sharing a bathroom despite such fears having no basis in reality. Peeping and assault are still illegal regardless of the label on the bathroom. Also fear of the unknown, with folks being led to believe transgender folks are just sex crazed perverts as they likely do not know one. All fears being stoked by the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates