Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 03:40 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,226,594 times

Advertisements

This question is sparked by the great hypocrisy of the month. It has to do with paypal and other big companies that are boycotting North Carolina over their plan to bar transgendered men from using the ladies room yet these big companies have no problem doing business and opening offices in countries that are terrible for gay people. If you are gay in the Phillipines you can get lashed and face up to 20 years in Prison yet paypal has corporate offices there? SO why are they making such a fuss about North Carolina?

The article
PayPal, Apple lecture North Carolina, do business in countries far more hostile to gays - Washington Times

It is obvious that in America we want to make everyone feel welcome, safe and our laws provide certain rights for everyone. Personally I don't want a guy who thinks he is a woman that day go into the ladies room with my wife, mother, sister or nieces. The ladies room is a place where women can let down their guard a bit, do their business in peace, check their look and go back out into the world.
I don't think most women would be too happy when they are applying some lipstick at the sinks and some 6'4 hairy guy in heels comes out of a stall.
Let's give our women some peace.

Now I think gays, lesbians transgendered and miscellaneous others should NOT be discriminated against in any way but come on. They make up a small percentage of the population yet the majority is being asked to bend over to their ways.

So paypal and other companies refuse to do business with North Carolina because of this bathroom silliness yet they continue to do business with countries that have horrible human rights violations against gay people.

Should the majority of folks stop supporting these companies to protest their stance in NC?
Why can't paypal put in a third bathroom for transgendered people in their offices?

Men would you be upset if a woman came in to use the mens room ?

Women would you be upset if a man came in to use the ladies room?

How long will this PC nonsense continue before the majority says enough is enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 05:49 PM

I just saw this in regards to the NC proposal to require people use the restroom of the gender that is on their birth certificates.

Bruce Springsteen cancels concert in NC. to show solidarity for the cause.
Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concert over 'bathroom law' - Apr. 8, 2016

It is all very noble but come on is nothing sacred anymore? What parent in their right mind is going to send their daughter or daughters into a ladies room that might have some pervert in there who decided that it would be fun to dress up like woman and mess with some kids.

I think that society has proven that if given some allowances there are those that will take advantage of any situation.

How long will it be before a pervert gets beaten up by a concerned dad because his kid just had her picture taken while she was using the toilet? The Dad would probably be charged with a gay bashing hate crime.

I'm not calling the transgendered people perverts but we all know that if guys are allowed to use the ladies room because the PC wind is blowing that way there will be someone who is going to take advantage of it.

So if a guy who identifies as a woman but hasn't had "the" operation yet dresses like a woman one day but the next does not for whatever reason should he use still use the ladies room?

America is becoming a crazy place meanwhile around the world people are wondering if they will have anything to eat today or if some terrorist will kill them. A crazy place.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:53 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Step up to the plate, one of you SJW's out there; we want your "rationale" on the record when something hits the fan!

Old 04-08-2016, 06:22 PM

189 posts, read 176,459 times
I don't care who uses the public bathroom with me - man, woman, alien, whatever. I wouldn't feel any less safe with any stranger, as long as they are not obviously threatening.. in which case I probably wouldn't use the restroom while they are in there.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:34 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
I'm sure transgender men who look like females have been using our ladies room for decades. Butch woman who appear male no doubt use the men's room, with nobody being the wiser. Why is this suddenly an issue being pushed by the LGBT?

Is nothing sacred to that group? Must we fight the activists on every issue? We all know that if they win this, our Ladies Room will be a thing of the past.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:44 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I'm sure transgender men who look like females have been using our ladies room for decades. Butch woman who appear male no doubt use the men's room, with nobody being the wiser. Why is this suddenly an issue being pushed by the LGBT?

Is nothing sacred to that group? Must we fight the activists on every issue? We all know that if they win this, our Ladies Room will be a thing of the past.

I think its great. hetero here... but i'm gonna start going into the "ladies" room..........I'll just claim i'm feelin kinda "Caitlyn" today...........

Old 04-09-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

It certainly has been going on for years and if someone is discrete about it and they are actually believe they are a woman and living their lives as one then go ahead and use the ladies room.

I think activist groups have the right idea to bring attention to people who struggle in normal society but we all know where this might go. People cannot be trusted to do the right thing.

A small percentage of muslims are terrorists.
A small percentage of people are transgendered
A small percentage of people are perverts.

We take a risk when we let unvetted muslims into the country. We take a risk when we let a small amount of perverts into the ladies room.

By going over the top and allowing PC nonsense to cloud common sense we are asking for trouble. I only bring up the push for more muslims into the country as an example. I could have said Obamacare or illegal immigration or welfare. These are all things that started as ideas to help people but many have taken advantage and scam the system. Why do we think men in the ladies room will be any different?

How soon will it be when some guy that claims to be a woman slips his cellphone under or over a stall to capture a unsuspecting woman doing her business? There are perverts that enjoy that type of thing. Women have enough problems worrying about the cat calls, unwanted advances and upskirting photos that they should be given a break when they go to the ladies loo.

I think North Carolina is right to take a stand and say enough is enough and more states should stop bending over for a small minority and start listening to the majority.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:26 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
Easy solution - just have separate bathrooms for men, women and people who are confused about who the hell they really are.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:03 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
Default How far should we bend over to accomodate?

The depth of the bend is directly proportional to the size of the accommodation.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:42 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
There are two sexes, men and women. There are no other people (yes, there are hermaphrodites but leave them out of it).

It seems that there are also some men who don't think they are men and some women who don't think they are women. For these people, another classification could be created: nonmen. This would be for men and women who for some reason don't feel comfortable being what they were born.

It would include, obviously, travestites. It might also include homosexuals and lesbians. But they wouldn't necessarily have to join.

Then, we could create a third restroom. For Nonmen. I don't know what the logo would be. Maybe they could come up with one or hire a commercial artist to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates