Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 01:59 AM

10 posts, read 7,548 times

Advertisements

Say both the DEA and the ATF (both organizations that I personally believe do nothing to actually help the people but only help greedy politicians) were fully and completely disbanded, what do you think the consequences would be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 02:33 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,263,651 times
Not sure what your slant really is but you are seriously one misinformed individual.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Not sure what your slant really is but you are seriously one misinformed individual.
In what way? All the DEA does is go after drugs which has no purpose. If people kill themselves over drugs so be it, why should anyone care? Also many people have been killed by them just for drugs even when they were at the wrong house and even if they were usually just small time drugs like weed.

The ATF...Waco, Ruby Ridge...Nuff said, like they were such a threat.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:01 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,117,965 times
They are crap agencies that cost us taxpayers billions each year. X dollars per year to keep each addict in prison. Creates a black market for drugs and guns which drives up crime. The ATF seems like they are there to hassle legal gun owners while simultaneously giving guns to criminals (fast & furious). I think these agencies cause more problems than they solve.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
They are crap agencies that cost us taxpayers billions each year. X dollars per year to keep each addict in prison. Creates a black market for drugs and guns which drives up crime. The ATF seems like they are there to hassle legal gun owners while simultaneously giving guns to criminals (fast & furious). I think these agencies cause more problems than they solve.
Exactly my thinking. Nothing the DEA or ATF has ever done has been for "the people". It's very saddening how our POS govt always finds ways to spend billions on things they never should have and yet claim they are actually doing things "for the people".

I'm half surprised as stupid as our government is they haven't made breathing air illegal.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:17 AM

90 posts, read 102,715 times
Nothing the DEA or ATF has ever done has or ever been good or legitimate, and are precisely the kind of organizations Stalin and Hitler would be very proud of.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:51 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,127,556 times
I can't think of any consequences because their duties would be shifted to other agencies like the FBI. There may be benefits involved with the more efficient use of resources and you eliminate issues such as information sharing/cooperation between agencies.

Government is too bloated, you have numerous agencies where many of them have overlapping duties.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:59 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,030,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I can't think of any consequences because their duties would be shifted to other agencies like the FBI.
Exactly. These are simply agencies that carry out public policy. It is the policy itself that needs to change. Such change in unlikely so long as we continue to elect "tough-on-crime" or "tough-on-drugs" sorts of reactionaries.

Quote:
Government is too bloated,
The word "bloated" is a red flag.

Quote:
you have numerous agencies where many of them have overlapping duties.
Much depends on one's definition of "overlapping." Most often, people simply mean that two programs are or sound similar to each other.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:56 AM

679 posts, read 813,769 times
If the BATFE and DEA were disbanded, it would be harder for the state to enforce their will on the public.

Overpaid federal employees would have to find other work, a good thing in my opinion.

The liberties of individual Americans would increase, another good thing.

Are there downsides, sure a few. Stupid people would still do stupid things but instead of just going to prison, they might die. I call this natural selection.

"I prefer a dangerous freedom over a safe tyranny" was a quote from one of our founding fathers. I believe it was Thomas Jefferson.

Old 10-25-2016, 01:21 PM

4,224 posts, read 3,030,873 times
Tyranny??? Have you checked to see what "ordered liberty" is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates