Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 02:15 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times

Advertisements

I'm an attentive driver so it doesn't happen often, but if it does, I just give a pleasant wave and GO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 02:48 PM

9,859 posts, read 7,732,644 times
OP, why has this happened so often? Does he not pay attention when he is driving?

I think it's terribly inconsiderate to intentionally delay others. Some traffic intersections take forever to get through.

I always try to move quickly when the lights change. You never know if someone behind you is on their way to the hospital or other stressful emergency.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:46 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
This goes back a few years. Some of us at work we always pulling pranks and doing stupid chit, just to break the monotony. Going home one day I was stopped at a stoplight. I was second at the light and noticed one of my co workers in front of me. I could see him adjust his inside mirror and see it was me behind him. The light turned green and he just sits there. I could see him laughing his azz off. People behind me blowing their horns, he doesnt move until the light turns yellow and takes off, I am right behind him, and the only two to go through. The stupid chit you do when you're young.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:48 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
Slow down!

Old 12-11-2016, 03:51 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,424,323 times
Wave, flip them off, it depends on my mood and the reason to the honking.
If I'm sitting at a green light daydreaming I should thank them..

Old 12-11-2016, 04:29 PM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF8tNihv5iA

Old 12-11-2016, 04:39 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
My other half has a problem when somebody honks at him for not going right away when the light turns green - he refuses to go. So the light is green and the person behind him honks to inform him to go and he just sits there. He is mad that they honk and so he thinks he is getting even.

I have never encounter this other than him but have had most people that ride with me tell me they dont like it when I honk in similar situation at other drivers. Why? They claim that they are afraid someone will get mad and have road rage if I honk. So I am wondering do you get mad when a person honks at you for spacing out at red lights?
I honk at people for sitting at red lights. People have places to go, move your ass. And how immature is your other half?!

Old 12-11-2016, 06:56 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz
My other half has a problem when somebody honks at him for not going right away when the light turns green - he refuses to go. So the light is green and the person behind him honks to inform him to go and he just sits there. He is mad that they honk and so he thinks he is getting even.
I usually just wave/smile @ them and then say choice words in the car

Old 12-11-2016, 08:34 PM

357 posts, read 222,513 times
Okay so to those who ask if he is immature - I would say I think he is crazy for doing that and have been with him and it is embarrassing. I just go if I have not seen the light which is not very often and it does not make me mad at the honker I just feel apologetic as I realize that I should not hold other drivers up.
I am a more aggressive driver than him and when I am in car with him we usually fight because he is like a turtle - a very rude turtle.

The real reason why I am asking is because of the fact that people that have been with me in the car in this situation never want me to honk - at all. And it seems that anyone who has been in the car with me on a frequent basis has a fear of me honking because they will tell me not to honk when someone is sitting there. I just dont get the offense of honking. My now adult son will literally cover the horn or tell me not to honk and acts like I am the bad one for doing it- I just dont get it. I am glad the majority is in agreement with honking to let them know they should be going.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:50 PM

757 posts, read 838,324 times
I do nothing other than move out looking where I am going. You can get killed for nothing. I left my macho in Vietnam. Screw confrontation. And I go armed in my state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates