Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 06:32 PM

578 posts, read 460,268 times

Advertisements

I don't know if this belongs on here but if it doesn't then wrong place.Other then that without posting some scriptures can someone show prove their is a God?

Old 12-30-2016, 06:34 PM

9,552 posts, read 4,379,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
I don't know if this belongs on here but if it doesn't then wrong place.Other then that without posting some scriptures can someone show prove their is a God?
Can you prove there isn't? It's called "faith" for a reason.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Can you prove there isn't? It's called "faith" for a reason.
I have faith I'll have a million dollars tomorrow,does it make it true?

So can you prove their is a God?I also have "faith" santa claus is coming to my house next christmas..

Old 12-30-2016, 06:54 PM

4,802 posts, read 2,815,025 times
Default & there's an awful lot of reading/thinking involved

No, I don't think there can be a proof for God's existence - if you mean a logical proof, or a proof like math. It comes down to our standard definition of God - all-knowing, all-powerful, omnipresent, etc. & the notion of human free will - if all of that is true, then there can't be a logical proof.

If we can deduce a proof for God's existence, then free will isn't real. The whole concept of God would need to be reexamined, & we'd have to go back to the drawing board, more or less. We'd have to rethink all the categories & qualities of God.

If you're willing to rethink what God is - His/Her qualities & abilities, & so on - then you might be able to save free will - but it would be an uphill struggle.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:58 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,432,962 times
Quote:
People/philosophers/theologians have been trying for hundreds, if not thousands of years - you think people on HERE are going to with a couple posts?

Old 12-30-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I have faith I'll have a million dollars tomorrow,does it make it true?

So can you prove their is a God?I also have "faith" santa claus is coming to my house next christmas..

Your command of the English language is abysmal. You have no grasp of the nuances of the word "faith". You probably think your response was terribly clever - have fun basking in the aura of your cluelessness.

So, you don't believe in anything that hasn't been proven to you personally to exist? What a sad, sad, limited existence you must have. Have you ever personally laid eyes on a 1973 Honda SL350? Sure, there's pictures of them out there, but pictures can be easily faked. Since you've never seen one, they don't exist, right? Your logic is breathtakingly flawed.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:07 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,865,428 times
Quote:
There is overwhelming, unparalleled Biblical and non-Biblical proof of God and the truth of the Bible as God's Word. See: UCanKnowTheTruth.com --- Prophecy, Science, Archaeology, Literature, Claims, Indestructibility, Life-changing power, Mathematics --- Many cry "prove it to me, make me believe!" - yet, harden their hearts and blind their eyes to the proof God has provided - in favor of worldly opinions for which no proof exists.

But, those who acknowledge the inborn knowledge of God's eternal power and deity (Rom. 1:18-20) find the proof and power of God everywhere they look. For others, sadly, no amount of proof, truth or time is sufficient. Thus, one can 'prove' God and the truth of His Word with more empirical evidence than most require to believe anything else .... but, cannot force them to believe what they are unwilling to even consider.

Even that, however, is the plan of a God, who in order to truly allow mankind to choose to accept His offer love and grace, must also give them the free-will to reject those things.

Last edited by jghorton; 12-30-2016 at 07:18 PM..

Old 12-30-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Your command of the English language is abysmal. You have no grasp of the nuances of the word "faith". You probably think your response was terribly clever - have fun basking in the aura of your cluelessness.

So, you don't believe in anything that hasn't been proven to you personally to exist? What a sad, sad, limited existence you must have. Have you ever personally laid eyes on a 1973 Honda SL350? Sure, there's pictures of them out there, but pictures can be easily faked. Since you've never seen one, they don't exist, right? Your logic is breathtakingly flawed.
You claim God is real,if his real prove it?

You can't and my logic isn't flawed..

Old 12-30-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
You claim God is real,if his real prove it?

You can't and my logic isn't flawed..
You can't prove God doesn't exist, so your logic is flawed.

Here's the real issue. Non-believers occasional pull this "prove God exists" nonsense like they've had a great epiphany that no believer has ever had. News flash: I don't know a single believer who claims they can prove empirically that God exists. They're comfortable with that. You should be comfortable with the fact the since you can't prove God doesn't exist, there's a possibility that he does.

Now, please shut up about this. You're not being clever with this "prove God exists" demand - quite the contrary - its growing tiresome. You're not smarter than believers. You haven't thought of some brilliant angle that's never occurred to them. And you know damn well nobody can prove God exists. So, why even ask? I'll tell you why: because deep down in your little brain you really do think you've thought of something nobody else has. Get over yourself.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:49 PM

16,587 posts, read 10,701,397 times
This should probably be in the Religion forum. But as far as proof goes, no, I cannot provide a mathematically or scientifically ironclad proof that you can look at and say, "You're right; this does prove that God exists!"

But I can say this: go outside and look around you. Look at the sky. Look at the mountains. Look at the oceans. How did those things come to be? Evolution? Big Bang? OK, but even if that's true; even if the entire universe originated as a tiny ball the size of a pea (or whatever the claim is), then answer this: where did that pea-sized ball come from? How did it get there? How did the very first hint of life or existence come to be? I cannot think of any way that it is possible for something to have originated out of nothing, unless it were created by someone who is outside of the laws of time and space, someone who was not created but has always existed, who is without beginning and without end. In other words . . . God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.