Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 10:28 PM

218 posts, read 172,017 times

Advertisements

With the migrant crisis in Europe, North America etc. what if all countries were to ban any and all refugees? The vast majority just bring crime, hatred, an unwillingness to assimilate or work, and many diseases from wherever they came. What if every country just said enough is enough, and none would accept any whatsoever for any reason?

Sounds like a good deal to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 12:30 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
With the migrant crisis in Europe, North America etc. what if all countries were to ban any and all refugees?
Even more would die of starvation, disease, or war wounds.

Quote:
The vast majority just bring crime, hatred, an unwillingness to assimilate or work, and many diseases from wherever they came.
They said the same thing about Southern and Eastern Europeans coming into this country (crime and drugs), plus the Irish. Even Jews, believe it or not. It won't be the end of our world, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor
What if every country just said enough is enough, and none would accept any whatsoever for any reason?
Then if your country had a huge disaster, f.ex. partial nuclear war, then you'd have no right to escape a radioactive wasteland with no (safe) food to speak of, birth defects for your children or grandchildren or great-grandchildren (depending on your age). And thus your own descendants would be denied the chance to use their own best talents to their maximum potential. A loss for any would-be asylum country, and possibly for the world, too.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:00 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
With the migrant crisis in Europe, North America etc. what if all countries were to ban any and all refugees? The vast majority just bring crime, hatred, an unwillingness to assimilate or work, and many diseases from wherever they came. What if every country just said enough is enough, and none would accept any whatsoever for any reason?
More people around the world would die and and live in inhuman conditions.

Quote:
What does that say about you?

Old 08-31-2017, 01:09 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
Quote:

then they become illegal aliens that still cross the border...

what you call them isn't really any important, once they are there, it's still up to the govt to deal with them

Old 08-31-2017, 04:26 PM

11,068 posts, read 7,135,481 times
What if countries worked together?

Old 08-31-2017, 04:52 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,558,685 times
lol, I knew the direction when Op said "they all bring crime, hatred etcetc"

Old 08-31-2017, 06:12 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Only sounds good to me if it is the USA. As for other countries, I could careless what they do.

And yes before the flames start, I will happily admit, I hate 99.9 percent of humans so I could careless what happens to them. Their problem; NOT MINE!

Old 09-01-2017, 07:48 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Even more would die of starvation, disease, or war wounds.

well they claim the world over populated anyway

Old 09-02-2017, 09:38 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,081,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
well they claim the world over populated anyway
Ah yes, the old "kill 'em all... Just don't start with me" line. Your understanding of global issues must be so very strong to abandon all ethics. Such rational. Much strongz.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:54 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by history nerd View Post
Ah yes, the old "kill 'em all... Just don't start with me" line. Your understanding of global issues must be so very strong to abandon all ethics. Such rational. Much strongz.
Exactly, and the OP seems to be forgetting that refugees are not just migrants, they're seeking refuge from war, famine, disease, death. What would it take for any of us to abandon everything we know and we have out of fear and desperation? Does that mean all refugees are saints? Of course not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates