Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2020, 03:43 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,645,708 times

Advertisements

Denver City Council scraps the measure.

For the first time in 30 years, it will be soon be legal to own a pit bull in Denver. The City Council on Monday repealed a ban on the dogs enacted after a series of attacks in 1989.

https://www.newser.com/story/286806/...pit-bulls.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2020, 05:20 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,718,922 times
This move would* be welcomed by those dog owners who just aren't satisfied owning one of the 359 other breeds, all of which are significantly less likely to maul someone to death.

I don't care when the knuckleheads themselves get killed - but as often as not, it's some little kid or innocent passerby who pays the horrific price for that nexus of denial and tough-guy posturing at the center of pit bill ownership.

*I say 'would' because Denver is not repealing the ban.

Quote:
Denver’s pit bull ban remains on the books after the City Council failed Monday to get enough votes to override the mayor’s veto.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rride-n1142291

Old 03-01-2020, 09:30 AM

1,850 posts, read 1,141,354 times
I have seen many hundreds of dogs in my business. I'll say this for the millionth time.........

Pit bills are no more dangerous than any other breed. It's the OWNER of the dog that's the a**hole.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:42 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,490,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD59 View Post
Denver City Council scraps the measure.

For the first time in 30 years, it will be soon be legal to own a pit bull in Denver. The City Council on Monday repealed a ban on the dogs enacted after a series of attacks in 1989.

https://www.newser.com/story/286806/...pit-bulls.html
OP started this same thread in the Denver forum earlier so knows it's not true. He wants to debate pit bulls and breed bans.

Old 03-01-2020, 01:37 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,718,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
I have seen many hundreds of dogs in my business. I'll say this for the millionth time.........
Anecdotal evidence is for fools.

Quote:
Pit bills are no more dangerous than any other breed. It's the OWNER of the dog that's the a**hole.
Give a million people a pit bull and give another million people a yorkie. The pools of individuals will essentially be identical - some very responsible people, some idiots, most will fall somewhere in between. But those million pit bulls will kill X number of people and grievously injure even more. The million yorkies won't kill anyone, and will cause just a few (very) minor injuries.

The difference? The breeds, not the individuals. And all the denial in the world doesn't change that.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:05 PM

71 posts, read 51,506 times
Quote:

I'm sorry to say, but this is literally the dumbest statement I've heard on this forum to date. Even worse, by your own admission, you've repeated this same dumb statement a million times...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates