Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 04:47 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,569,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Its pretty normal for the IRS to be looking into a company for ever. My employer had a floor in a DT office building where IRS agents worked full time drilling for money in the tax returns. Nothing funny or dirty about it.....just the way things work. IRS and congress is far from perfect so tax laws and regs they wrote has opportunity for saving taxes legally by interpreting them a logical way that favors the company's tax position. The IRS comes in and tries to find those and see if they can over turn the logic of the company. Sometimes they can most often they can not.

We did not operate casions I can imagine that adds more investigations and areas of discussion between the company and the fed gov.

Joe never rain a business so he is clean other than ....... time will tell
You've missed the point. These were not IRS tax investigations.
They were FBI criminal investigations..........separate and additional to IRS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 09:19 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
I think the info on Trump should have been released. I further believe destruction of the private server emails Hillary deemed private should not have been done or allowed to happen. I believe she had the private server so she could mix SOS and foundation business. It is the only logical reason that passes a smell test in my view.

You are correct IRS investigations / audits are much more common than an FBI investigation. But I doubt the FBI is not investigating many large companies at any given time. As a junior level executive at a Fortune 26 company, I encountered the FBI on two occasions looking into criminal matters. They wanted some records and would subpoenaed those records if we did not provide them willingly. We were not the target of one of the FBI encounters but were entangled in another matter regarding union leaders in NJ. We reported a RICO matter we ran into with contractors in the environmental disposal business to the FBI . We were asked questioned and asked to prove our claim to the FBI

But the main point is this type info should be available to us prior to voting where it is not an ongoing investigation at a critical stage where to release info on it would damage the success of that investigation. We should know if such an investigation is going on and how many for the organization were ongoing but not released for us to see

Democracy depends on voters knowing most if not all info on the candidates. Dodging a matter smells fishy to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates