Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:29 PM

244 posts, read 865,222 times

Advertisements

Honestly, the ignorance in some of these posts is astounding. This is 2008 isn't it? If your assertions are correct, please explain the numerous escape attempts by slaves, slave revolts, the Underground Railroad, etc...

Let's also not forget that any race of people that Caucasians could find to oppress or land they could sieze, they did. If they couldn't oppress them or take their land, they tried their damndest to eradicate them (ex. Native Americans, Zulus). They've even enslaved their own people in the form of serfdom during the Middle Ages. Please get off your high horse. Your ancestors were evil people, plain and simple. Simply being a human being entitles a person to freedom. It's not something that anyone should have to earn or prove they're worthy of.

What your argument does is vilify the slave while vindicating the enslaver. They didn't fight hard enough so they deserved to be enslaved? There appears to be no consideration in your argument for the fact that enslaving another human being is immoral and inhuman. It reflects poorly on the enslaver, not the person enslaved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
No, but here's the problem: When someone does something so evil to you, you have the obligation to fight. You don't lay on your coward hands and wail that the world isn't right.

Freedom requires that you fight when pushed that far. John Locke in "Second Treatise of Government" explains it. (A book, that as an American, you have no excuse not to have read.) In the "Declaration of Independence", Jefferson says you have the duty to fight when pushed.

You cite Douglass? He's the guy that tells me, in "My Bondage and My Freedom", that blacks were comfortable with slavery. I didn't make it up.

The question is what have you read and what makes you deserving of freedom?

Last edited by saharaga; 10-10-2008 at 08:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 09:36 PM

765 posts, read 1,910,339 times
Let me put this as bluntly as possible ..As long as America is too stupid to realize that the corprate masters and the rich are using skin color to keep people focused on hate and mistrust to divert them to the real threat the rich elitest. then we are doomed to live in a society where colors mean more than the man inside the skin. While most of the idiots are killing for race and pride the rich are laughing at you and counting thier cash... Go ahead be racist if you want .. Be a tool to the wealthy ... They just love Klansmen and Black panthers alike... you want to know what it boils down too ...racism= tools...

Old 10-12-2008, 11:01 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Originally Posted by elvislives
Quote:
racism= tools
I agree, for any minority ( especially the rich) racism is the biggest instrument to divide and conquer.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:05 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
Let me put this as bluntly as possible ..As long as America is too stupid to realize that the corprate masters and the rich are using skin color to keep people focused on hate and mistrust to divert them to the real threat the rich elitest. then we are doomed to live in a society where colors mean more than the man inside the skin. While most of the idiots are killing for race and pride the rich are laughing at you and counting thier cash... Go ahead be racist if you want .. Be a tool to the wealthy ... They just love Klansmen and Black panthers alike... you want to know what it boils down too ...racism= tools...
poor people come in ALL colors...

Old 10-13-2008, 09:16 AM

877 posts, read 2,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saharaga View Post
Let's also not forget that any race of people that Caucasians could find to oppress or land they could sieze, they did. If they couldn't oppress them or take their land, they tried their damndest to eradicate them (ex. Native Americans, Zulus). They've even enslaved their own people in the form of serfdom during the Middle Ages. Please get off your high horse. Your ancestors were evil people, plain and simple. Simply being a human being entitles a person to freedom. It's not something that anyone should have to earn or prove they're worthy of.
Racism is always a poor tactic. Your blame of Caucasians for all the evils of the world is no better than a skinhead blaming the Jews.

Who did most of the enslaving on the African continent? Here's a hint, it wasn't Caucasians.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by zman0
Quote:
Who did most of the enslaving on the African continent? Here's a hint, it wasn't Caucasians.
Who profited most of the enslavement on the African continent?
Here's a hint it wasn't the Africans.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:11 AM

877 posts, read 2,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Who profited most of the enslavement on the African continent?
I'm not even sure how to answer that question. Could you please reword it using proper grammar?

Profit isn't the issue, the issue is blaming Caucasians for all of the problems in the world. This is racism of the basest kind: blaming societal failures solely on the actions of people of a certain descent.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:36 AM

765 posts, read 1,910,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
I'm not even sure how to answer that question. Could you please reword it using proper grammar?

Profit isn't the issue, the issue is blaming Caucasians for all of the problems in the world. This is racism of the basest kind: blaming societal failures solely on the actions of people of a certain descent.
Lets see here.... Who came to North America and decided to kill all the indians in sight and steal the lands ??? whites.. who owned the slaves???? whites.... who put the indians on a forced march to Oklahoma where thousands died??? whites ... Who went to war with the mexicans and stole thier land???? whites...who gassed six million jews in WW2???whites Who brought the slaves to America to begin with??? whites.. who denied blacks civil rights in america until the sixties??? whites... who invented the nuclear bomb??? whites who used biological warfare in america to kill thousands of indians by spreading smallpox on purpose?? whites.. don't even tell me caucasions don't bear a lot of responsibility for a lot of the worlds ills and hatreds.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:07 PM

244 posts, read 865,222 times
Quote:
Your blame of Caucasians for all the evils of the world is no better than a skinhead blaming the Jews.
Please don't put words in my mouth. I am not blaming the evils of the world on Caucasians. I am putting the evil of slavery in America squarely on their shoulders. And your skinheads blaming the Jews example is entirely irrelevant to my post. Your example only mimics what the poster I was responded to attempted to do...blame the victim.

Quote:
Again, the poster I was responding to used slavery in America to support his position and that is what I was responding to. Extrapolating to slavery in Africa is specious at this point. I don't think that anyone will disagree that all forms of slavery is immoral and inhuman, regardless of who perpetuates it.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by zman0
Quote:
You no speaking English?
I can rephrase the question in Dutch, German or Indonesian if ya like.
Typical, you don't wanna answer the question simply because you don't like the answer.
Quote:
Profit isn't the issue, the issue is blaming Caucasians for all of the problems in the world.
LoL, to the Caucasians it was all about profit; they would never have dealt in slavery if there was no profit to be made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates