Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 10:31 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,419,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker Your faith in superior firepower already puts ya at a disadvantage;
a gun is nothing but a tool and any tool is only as good as its user.
Pride always comes before the fall.
reread what he posted, your lack of reading what is actually written is astonding. He said " I can guarantee a much more effective defense of myself & family than you can. "

he said nothing of the firepower protecting him, it is a tool he chooses to use to provide protection for HIMSELF AND FAMILY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 10:39 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,417,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker Refused?
You call the deadliest war in American history with 620,000 soldier deaths and an undetermined number of civilian casualties a refusal to fight their own people?
You’re clearly delusional.
Or smokin’ crack.
Maybe both?
You sir are nothing but an instigator. I'v yet to see a single thread in which you post that you are not merely stirring the pot.

The confederate Army & Nave were initially organized & made up of officers & enlisted men who REFUSED to be ordered to fight their friends & families, choosing instead to defend them from a govt gone bad.
To say otherwise is to ignore the truth, lie intentionally or exhibit an extreme inability to use facts to come to an intelligent conclusion..

If tommorow the US military were ordered to attack the civilian population of the United States it would happen again, except since there is nothing remotely as important as slavery to use as an excuse for such a thing it would be more wide spread.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:45 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,417,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
reread what he posted, your lack of reading what is actually written is astonding. He said " I can guarantee a much more effective defense of myself & family than you can. "

he said nothing of the firepower protecting him, it is a tool he chooses to use to provide protection for HIMSELF AND FAMILY

He is just stirring the pot Noahma but thank you all the same. He knows he is wrong. He used the word tool yet refuses to agknowledge that a tool by its very nature makes a person more effective than one lacking that tool. True, proficiency with a given tool helps even more, but any man can drive a nail better with a hamer than his hand, can dig a hole better with a shovel han his hands & can fend off attack better with a weapon than without.

He also seems to believe I cant shoot effectively. I just got finished cutting up a deer that would disagree with him. Never had to shoot a man, but I doubt I'd miss if the need ever arose. Just my nature I guess but I strive for excelency in all I do. I dont always achieve it but I try.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:35 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
there is nothing remotely as important as slavery to use as an excuse for such a thing it would be more wide spread.
Some feel just as strongly about abortion and the 2nd amendment. Don't underestimate the emotions around abortion.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:34 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,236,701 times
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker
Quote:
He knows he is wrong. He used the word tool yet refuses to agknowledge that a tool by its very nature makes a person more effective than one lacking that tool.
LoL a tool cannot think which makes it part of the problem.

Shooting at flies with an elephant gun is the epitome of stupidity (and a waste of resources), so if ya don't know which tool you should use to do the job you are as useless as a 'tool less fool'.
While I on the other hand know which tools to use to do the job.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker LoL a tool cannot think which makes it part of the problem.

Shooting at flies with an elephant gun is the epitome of stupidity (and a waste of resources), so if ya don't know which tool you should use to do the job you are as useless as a 'tool less fool'.
While I on the other hand know which tools to use to do the job.
I dont think you do know which tools to use.

Someone threatens my life, a gun is the perfect tool to protect myself. I'm not gonna throw a shoe at them, not gonna be able to call the police to protect me. Not gonna be able to use my hands, especially if they have a weapon. A gun is the only tool to get the job done and protect myself.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
So an American soldier who disobeys his superior's direct order during wartime is considered a traitor and will be shot immediately to prevent further insubordination.
Nope Jack - you are, once again, mistaken

Old 11-09-2008, 01:45 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Shooting at flies with an elephant gun is the epitome of stupidity
I wasted no resources when I shot and killed the intruder in my home with a .38 cal weapon.

It stopped the intruder immediately.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:51 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,236,701 times
Originally Posted by Noahma
Quote:
Someone threatens my life, a gun is the perfect tool to protect myself.
Ahuh, right and do you actually believe this will end the conflict?
I guess Americans simply refuse to admit that guns only escalate conflicts, especially when everyone has a gun.
As usual Americans barge in where angels fear to tread.
Guns simply are part of the problem thus cannot be the solution.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahmaAhuh, right and do you actually believe this will end the conflict?
I guess Americans simply refuse to admit that guns only escalate conflicts, especially when everyone has a gun.
As usual Americans barge in where angels fear to tread.
Guns simply are part of the problem thus cannot be the solution.
shooting someone with a 9mm in center mass will end the situation. Your views of reality are skewed by the crap that Hollywood puts out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates