Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:40 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,461,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
Pescetarianism is a dietary choice in which a person, known as a pescetarian, eats any combination of vegetables, fruit, nuts, beans and fish seafood, but will not eat mammals or birds. Some animal products like eggs and dairy may or may not be part of a pescetarian diet plan. or invertebrate.

vegetarian does not eat meat, fish or poultry, but eats eggs and milk. They eat eggs and products made with eggs in them, yogurt, cheese, milk and ice creams. Some may not eat eggs or cheese.

now we can all spot the difference, i as a vegan would not align pescetarian with vegetarians, what is a difference in eating a sea creature and a land animal?

They are on their way to becoming full vegetarians so let's give them our support.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:36 AM

339 posts, read 708,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLangben View Post
Quite frankly I love meat. I love red meat, white meat, sea food of all sorts (eel, shark, salmon, crab, lobster, shrimp) So my point of view may not be the same as that as a vegetarian or vegan but Ill take a stab at it.

These so called Pescetarians do not have a problem with eating meat like most vegetarians or vegans, they have a problem with eating animals deemed "cute". You know mammals! The ones that "deserve" not to be killed. That seems to be the mind set of these pescetarians, as well as many animal right activists
I agree. I work with a person like this. She bases what she eats and what animal causes to be part of based on the cuteness of the animal involved. She doesn't even do it consciously, but her reasoning essentially comes to this when you talk to her about it.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates