Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 09:40 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Where did I say Obama is a Muslim?
Um, pretty obvious...

Quote:
Why do they not state that, since we now have a "Black" president (though he's also White and Arab), we no longer need an organization which is intended to advance Black people in the U.S., because it has now been demonstrated that somebody who is not White can be elected into the most important job in the U.S.
Unless you mean he is Arab without being Muslim, which has no bearing even in urban legend. It was said at a McCain rally and quickly shot down
YouTube - McCain Supporter: "Obama is an Arab"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 10:16 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,352 times
If as little as 5 years ago somebody would have told me that America would elect a Black as president before it would elect a woman, an Italian, and a Jew, I would have called that person crazy.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
NAACP promotes black people in a positive manner. to think that because 20% of black people have achieved white equality does not mean that the 80% are not in real trouble. what is about to happen is the rug is guna be pulled out from under that 80%, watch what happens to welfare in the next 12 months inc welfare housing.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:05 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,583,167 times
Quote:
And for that matter, all other racially based organizations for so-called "minorities", that were once intended to thwart "institutional racism"? If not, I'd like to hear why.
I didn't vote for Obama nor McCain. But I did see an Obama victory as historical and that it can bring:

1) A greater ability for Americans to communicate their differences particularly in color, which is much needed and possibly lead to other communications - socio-economics, religions, etc. 2) Or those that seek to merely use race as a further agenda to alienate Americans, in other words a deeper polarization, than what we already have, a backlash if you may.

I do not know what may happen. Let's just hope for the best. Other than that all we can do is wait and see.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:14 AM

956 posts, read 3,002,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Unless you mean he is Arab without being Muslim, which has no bearing even in urban legend. It was said at a McCain rally and quickly shot down
YouTube - McCain Supporter: "Obama is an Arab"
That is exactly what I mean. Come on, it's fairly obvious. When he stands next to any African-American, you can clearly see that Obama has an Arabian admixture.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:08 PM

47 posts, read 107,625 times
The Associated Press: NAACP says bank giants steered blacks to bad loans

Old 03-13-2009, 12:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
No one ever calls for the abolishment of the KKK, Neo-Nazis, StormFront or the WWWP movements....hmmmm, just a thought.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:27 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
NAACP promotes black people in a positive manner. to think that because 20% of black people have achieved white equality does not mean that the 80% are not in real trouble. what is about to happen is the rug is guna be pulled out from under that 80%, watch what happens to welfare in the next 12 months inc welfare housing.
Where do you get those numbers from? Only 20% of all black people in the US currently have their sh*t together?

Old 03-14-2009, 04:45 AM

217 posts, read 416,884 times
Default lol

I wonder who forced their signature... Loans are spelled out at the time of application..and again at settlement.. If they signed for it originally, then whats the big deal? just another reason for Naacp to obtain money.. if anything Naacp is the racist group insisting on justice in the black communities only.. Why don't they also help whites and hispanics or whatever? Isn't it a crime to just help blacks? I wonder what will be said when whites are a minority and have the naacp banned and it will be the whites turn to start their own club like the naawp..

Old 03-14-2009, 04:49 AM

217 posts, read 416,884 times
Default you forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
No one ever calls for the abolishment of the KKK, Neo-Nazis, StormFront or the WWWP movements....hmmmm, just a thought.
yeah but you forgot a few didn't you? black panthers or the "new black panthers".. or the other intelligent groups. yet they allow naacp?? How dare this government to be so one sided..geez..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates