Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 07:26 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
I don't have a problem "Branding" a sex offender for Life as one.

Their victim(s) is going to be carrying the crime against them inside their entire life, seems the least we can do for the victim and to the offender...

The best we can do it publicly flog the sex offender and then tattoo the crime on their forehead so that everyone will be aware of the crime and them.

But if a guy breaks his baby's bones and gives the baby a concussion. you give him a pass. Nothing need be done "for the victim and to the offender", and there is no reason for everyone to be aware of such offenders, because they are not sick twisted creeps. Yours is a special response that applies only to sex offenders, because of all the various people in our world, sex offenders are the only sick twisted creeps, the only criminals who do repulsive things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 05:00 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by jtur88
Quote:
Yours is a special response that applies only to sex offenders, because of all the various people in our world, sex offenders are the only sick twisted creeps, the only criminals who do repulsive things.
The thing is that a sexual offence (especially rape) usually is worse than any other criminal offence because it warps something as beautiful as love, trust and security into such a sick and twisted experience that the victim could become so traumatised that she will be unable to love and / or trust other people ever again.
Suffering from something as traumatic as rape can be worse than simply being murdered; the victim might have survived physically but if she is so traumatised that she’s unable to love and trust others, her life might be reduced to a living hell.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:46 PM

488 posts, read 1,025,248 times
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
I don't have a problem "Branding" a sex offender for Life as one.

Their victim(s) is going to be carrying the crime against them inside their entire life, seems the least we can do for the victim and to the offender...

The best we can do it publicly flog the sex offender and then tattoo the crime on their forehead so that everyone will be aware of the crime and them.
Agree with you..Thats the best thing we could do with them! And one day the law may allow something like that?

Old 05-30-2009, 09:51 PM

488 posts, read 1,025,248 times
Arrow ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
But if a guy breaks his baby's bones and gives the baby a concussion. you give him a pass. Nothing need be done "for the victim and to the offender", and there is no reason for everyone to be aware of such offenders, because they are not sick twisted creeps. Yours is a special response that applies only to sex offenders, because of all the various people in our world, sex offenders are the only sick twisted creeps, the only criminals who do repulsive things.
Sometimes a accident may happen with a child like a broken bone wich heals! You are just rattling!what if dog meant cat or football meant baseball? Thats the kinda topic you should be on! What you are talking about makes no sence with what we are talking about!

Last edited by JACK SAWYER; 05-30-2009 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-30-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
Agree with you..Thats the best thing we could do with them! And one day the law may allow something like that?
Not as long as we have a constitution that prohibits sick twisted creeps from inficting cruel and unusual punishment.

-Amendment 8 - Cruel and Unusual Punishment. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted

Old 05-30-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Sometimes a accident may happen with a child like a broken bone wich heals!!
Yeah, it's always an accident. You try to beat your kid without breaking any bones, and you never hit him in the face or the head, because you can't cover that up and it shows. But sometimes he ducks, or you accidentally hit him too hard. You have to bash the wife around, too, so she doesn't interfere and try to protect the kids. That's an accident, too, she shouldn't have got in the way..

Man, you are a really scary, scary guy.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:26 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:
In "Most" States, doing what you describe puts them on the abuser list... not just the sex abusers, it included them also. Either that, or you don't know what the qualifications are for an Abuser is.

I have no use for anyone that abuses other people, and in my youth I had to deal with them as a police officer first hand. Looking back on it now, I could have just as easily lived with shooting some of them when I got on scene, so it is best in my "Old" age that I don't deal with them directly any more...

Old 05-31-2009, 03:16 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,697 times
You are probaby going to hate me, but I think sex offenders should be euthanized. Of course I would only agree if these offenders were absolutely guilty because there were eye witnesses to their crime. This would not stop all of them, but a lot of them. I don't pretend to understand what causes this problem, but it does seem to be handed down from generation to generation. We need to stop it before it spreads to the next generation.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:00 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,923 times
Quote:
Most states if not all just send a letter or you have to go online to see whats lerking around our kids! What would be the best thing to do to make it so he or she stands out? A licence plate on there car or a braclet they have to weare every place they go? I went online and found we have 5 within a 5 mile radius of our home! I was shocked because i know one of them and never knew he was a molester! Scarry i have three kids....what more can be done to let us know?
It does bother me that these perverts actually do have rights and I too got the shock of my life when a guy I graduated from High School with a very intelligent guy with a great job, college degree is now listed on the sex offender registry in our state. Unfortunately, you cannot do a single thing for making these people stand out...against their "rights"...I know...peel me off the ceiling too! About all you can do is educate your children, check the sex offender registry and hope that those two things work.

By the way....be careful. I did see this sex offender that I knew from High School not too long ago and he has grown a beard and changed his "look". My concern with other sex offenders is now what if their photo on the registry shows them beardless and in between times when they have to register, they change their look and are unidentifiable during that time? Freaks me out.

I do have a cure for these offenders that involves surgery....can't say that is legal either!

Old 05-31-2009, 05:08 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,923 times
Quote:
Ok....point taken...but think of it this way and perhaps both posters will get some "satisfaction"....when a guy/woman breaks a baby's bones, gives a baby a concussion they go to jail and the other inmates will "take care of business" more often than not. The child is removed from that home and hopefully is placed with family or in a better home with foster parents. No, the "bone breakers" are not put on a website...they go to jail, are in the newspaper, or make the six o'clock news. People don't forget a child being abused. There has to be correct and fast punishment for any person who physically abuses another human whether it be sexually, physically, emotionally...I don't care...you don't hurt another human and then cry foul when you are put on a website.

Yes.....it is unfortunate that we don't register child abusers, bone breakers, killers....and probably we should but right now it just isn't going to happen. You get all the crap from attorneys like Gloria Alred about a persons civil rights..all bull when it comes to these types of offenders. I feel that once a crime is committed against another human...any kind of crime that all rights go down the crapper. Sorry, I just cannot and will not ever condone a criminal having the right to claim they have RIGHTS..,gave them up once they decided to hurt another human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates