Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:31 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Take a look, you will see them...

I don't know exactly what you are looking for. I stated points on why I agreed with the OP and what may be wrong.

All bigotry should be denounced when seen...so far it seems that only one side of it has been.

Take a look at those posts earlier in the thread and then address my comments.
I'm not going to play a guessing game, nor am I going to dig through 12 pages. You can tell me the post numbers if you want me to read them.

Now, are you willing to denounce the racial hatred, lies, and bigotry expressed by Topolis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 02:34 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I'm not going to play a guessing game, nor am I going to dig through 12 pages. You can tell me the post numbers if you want me to read them.

Now, are you willing to denounce the racial hatred, lies, and bigotry expressed by Topolis?

Absoutely, I'll get you the post #'s if you will show me where the OP has been bigoted and displayed racial hatred.

I read the OP and responded to it. All of my answers have been in response to that.

Look at post #'s 51 & 56 - I guess it's ok to say to say that you are racist in your views. No one responds to it at all. Is it that it's ok to feel that way? 1 person out of 13 pages besides the OP addressed it, but 90% of the posts on this thread addressed the OP as being racist.

So again I ask, why is it? do people choose to condone the behavior because it's coming from the other side of the spectrum? Its very interesting how it was just totally glazed over.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Absoutely, I'll get you the post #'s if you will show me where the OP has been bigoted and displayed racial hatred.

I read the OP and responded to it. All of my answers have been in response to that.

Look at post #'s 51 & 56
Have you NOT been reading ANYTHING he has posted?

Sheesh! Never mind. If you want a discussion, let's have a discussion. If you want to play little guessing games, forget it.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:37 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
That was due to vitilgo. Besides, that isn't even the issue. I am talking about how being black is considered bad by many in America and how you're labeled for being successful.
As a white person, I have never associated "black" with being undesirable or negative. Frankly this race business is way overrated as we are all more alike than different. We are all part of the same race (human) and skin color is not a determinant of a person's worth. I strongly feel that we as a society need to quit focusing so much on race and focus more on strengthening character and discipline in our youth.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Have you NOT been reading ANYTHING he has posted?

Sheesh! Never mind. If you want a discussion, let's have a discussion. If you want to play little guessing games, forget it.
I gave you the post #'s - did you even bother to look at them?

Old 07-09-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I gave you the post #'s - did you even bother to look at them?
Yes, I have - after your edited your post and added them.

What, exactly, is it that I'm supposed to be seeing there? What are these horribly racist things that are being said?

Old 07-09-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Yes, I have - after your edited your post and added them.

What, exactly, is it that I'm supposed to be seeing there? What are these horribly racist things that are being said?
I guess this is not?

"Speaking as a racist, skin color only suggests a higher likleyhood of social dysfunction"

Old 07-09-2009, 02:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
money and success do not make you white. people like winners. money & success might make you good company if you are not too bummed out about what you had to do get that money & success.
signed
a non white
see profile

Old 07-09-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I guess this is not?

"Speaking as a racist, skin color only suggests a higher likleyhood of social dysfunction"
Yeah, I read that. And it doesn't make any sense. I hadn't even seen it until you pointed it out just now.

Even so, it makes no sense at all - especially in the larger context of the post.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I read that. And it doesn't make any sense. I hadn't even seen it until you pointed it out just now.

Even so, it makes no sense at all - especially in the larger context of the post.
I thought you said you looked at them already...

Anyway, It still speaks to the point I was trying to make...If we are going to speak out on it it should be addressed with everyone...and thats not what I have seen in this thread.

When I hear someone say something out of the way in my presence, I speak out on it. I realize it happens on all sides and I feel is necessary to help keep the progress ball rolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates