Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:14 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times

Advertisements

As someone who's actually been in Switzerland (for 3 days but that's not the point), they have common sense. Common sense isn't so common in America. You seriously expect a Swiss ANYTHING to properly work here? That's like giving a Swiss Army knife to a kid and ask him to replicate it...its just not possible.

The Swiss agenda is their patriotism. They do things extremely well and keep to themselves. America is the exact opposite. We tend to half ass just about everything and get in everyone's problem.

I know my post sounds anti-American but its like comparing tinfoil to gold...come on now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 03:57 AM

2,544 posts, read 4,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
According to you, we have a healthcare system that is a failure.

You are wrong.

Could it be better? Of COURSE it could. But copying the healthcare system of some small European country that underwrites their system via oil sales isn't apt to work. And turning our entire country's healthcare system into a giant VA Administration isn't apt to make it better. Nor is it of any use to LIE about how all these Americans are doing without healthcare.

But nevermind all that. You didn't come here to offer any suggestions. You just came here to beat your chest, throw a few insults around, use some big words, and hope that nobody notices that you're not saying ANYTHING of value. So far in this thread, you have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but personally attack me. You've given NO ideas about improving healthcare. You've offered NO suggestions regarding how to fund it. All you've done is shot off your mouth.
I have not personally attacked you, George. Although I certainly have attacked your methods and your posts.

With that cleared up, I'll try to use smaller words so you feel more comfortable.

On second thought, no I won't. Your lack of vocabulary is not my problem.

First things first. I was unaware that *Switzerland*, the country mentioned in the OP, located in the mountains of central Europe, was somehow generating *oil* revenue. Must be some very deep wells.

Our system is failing to do what we need it to do. We have large numbers of people who can only access it through the emergency room. It is one of the largest causes of bankruptcy in the country. It is bloated and inefficient. When someone without insurance has to access the system, the costs of that a shifted to everyone else in the least cost-effective means possible. We pay a great deal more for less service than just about every other industrialized nation in the world.

Could be better, indeed. Massive overhaul is needed. Why on earth would we not look to other countries systems to see what they are doing that works, as well as what doesn't? Oh, that's right. Because we are special. Nothing anyone else does could possibly work here. There is no way that we could pool our resources and get a better deal.

How to fund it? There are a couple of ways. We have to get costs under control at the same time, or else we end up spending too much just like we already do. We probably pay enough taxes already to cover an efficient system if some other bloated waste is cut as well, such as wasting massive amounts of money on wars in places we have no business. We are already paying 87% of your sister-in-laws tab, it can't get any worse than that.

Now go ahead and set up another strawman, and respond to what you wish I said rather than to what I actually said.

Last edited by stanman13; 09-27-2012 at 04:51 AM..

Old 09-27-2012, 07:57 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
I have not personally attacked you, George. Although I certainly have attacked your methods and your posts.
Bull$hit

With that cleared up, I'll try to use smaller words so you feel more comfortable.
Arrogant bull$hit

On second thought, no I won't. Your lack of vocabulary is not my problem.
Arrogant bull$hit squared

First things first. I was unaware that *Switzerland*, the country mentioned in the OP, located in the mountains of central Europe, was somehow generating *oil* revenue. Must be some very deep wells.
Did I say that Switzerland had oil revenue?

Our system is failing to do what we need it to do. We have large numbers of people who can only access it through the emergency room. It is one of the largest causes of bankruptcy in the country. It is bloated and inefficient. When someone without insurance has to access the system, the costs of that a shifted to everyone else in the least cost-effective means possible. We pay a great deal more for less service than just about every other industrialized nation in the world.
More bull$hit. The overwhelming majority of people who "access healthcare through the emergency room" do so because they don't want to wait in a doctor's office. And those who do this are welfare folks who aren't paying for it themselves. And speaking of bankruptcy... Those who utilize that tool simply (gasp!) get most/all of the debt eliminated. Voila!

Could be better, indeed. Massive overhaul is needed. Why on earth would we not look to other countries systems to see what they are doing that works, as well as what doesn't? Oh, that's right. Because we are special. Nothing anyone else does could possibly work here. There is no way that we could pool our resources and get a better deal.
"Massive overhaul needed." Personal opinion noted. And who's saying we shouldn't LOOK AT and/or STUDY other countries' systems? Oh right, it's the make believe guy you're quoting.

How to fund it? There are a couple of ways. We have to get costs under control at the same time, or else we end up spending too much just like we already do. We probably pay enough taxes already to cover an efficient system if some other bloated waste is cut as well, such as wasting massive amounts of money on wars in places we have no business. We are already paying 87% of your sister-in-laws tab, it can't get any worse than that.
Bloviate away! Unfortunately, other than a couple petty insults, this paragraph contains absolutely NOTHING of substance. NOTHING.

Now go ahead and set up another strawman, and respond to what you wish I said rather than to what I actually said.
Oh, the irony.
Obviously all you can do is talk crap. I'm done with your drivel.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,348 times
Quote:
There are 50 million Americans who do not pay for PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE, such as Blue Cross/Blue Shield. What nobody is being honest about, is the fact that the MAJORITY of those 50 million "uninsured" Americans is that they're covered by Medicare/Medicaid, Welfare, or any host of State Medical programs. They HAVE health insurance. It's just not PRIVATELY OWNED health insurance.

Numbers don't lie, but liars use numbers.

Wow! I've been called a liar by an internet tough guy hidding behind his computer.
The honorable thing to do when you call someone a liar is to prove they are lying.

But I notice that is not your style. See your last post or an earlier post where you state (in bold!)
that someone is wrong, but then say NOTHING to show how they are wrong.

Screaming, "Your wrong", "your a liar" or "bull$hit" does nothing to further the discussion.
But with a limited logic and a losing arguement I guess it is your only option.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Wow! I've been called a liar by an internet tough guy hidding behind his computer.
The honorable thing to do when you call someone a liar is to prove they are lying.

But I notice that is not your style. See your last post or an earlier post where you state (in bold!)
that someone is wrong, but then say NOTHING to show how they are wrong.

Screaming, "Your wrong", "your a liar" or "bull$hit" does nothing to further the discussion.
But with a limited logic and a losing arguement I guess it is your only option.
Did I say YOU were lying? No, I didn't. I said that those claiming there are 50 million Americans with no healthcare are lying. And they are.

And I showed you where/how they are lying, didn't I? Yes, I did.

Are we being LIED TO about all of these "uninsured Americans"? Yes, absolutely.

Want to think out side of your political agenda-driven box for a few minutes? Read up. On the other hand, if you want to go on believing a lie, you're welcome to do so.

Are There Really 47 Million Americans Who Can’t Afford Health Insurance? by Dom Armentano
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2304726/posts
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/23/op...l?pagewanted=1
The American Spectator : The Myth of the 46 Million

Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 AM

16 posts, read 20,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieGermany View Post
I am german and i would love to live in switzerland. Okay, i dont see any difference between healthcare here or in switzerland, but i like how animals are treatened ( cows have the right of green space for xy days a year, they dont support or allow factory farming,....) switzerland has the best chocolate and cheese in the world, lowest taxes, a beautiful county. But speed limits are not like germany ( we have many Porsche drivers from switzerland here) ...

Everybody in switzerland has a right of healthcare and the healtcare companys cannot disapprove the BASIC healthcare. If you want better healtcare as Basic, you need to apply for. Indeed switzerland is much more expensive as germany ( most expensive country in Europe) the costs for healthcare are more less ( i think)
I listen that switzerland has the best chocolate and cheese in the world.In Switzerland anybody can start healthcare practice without any objection of Healthcare organization.I live in Zurich.Zurich is not so expansive rather than Switzerland.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:08 AM

Switzerland Healthcare System is no one in all over Europe.Mostly healthcare clinic in Zurich and also cheap.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Exactly.

I'm all FOR improving our country's healthcare system(s). But I think it's foolhardy to look at the healthcare system of a tiny nation - with less than 8 million people - and say that we ought to adopt that system. Saying things like, "We need a healthcare system like Norway has!" is foolish. It's an apples & oranges comparison.
Improving health system of a country is not a simple action.For that people's of that country should be active with their responsibility.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:57 AM

Do you know that Almost one out of every five dollars spent in America is spent on health care. Mostly people are aware how other nations manage their health care. But should be min 5% of total earning expand on for good health.

Last edited by Schulthess; 10-10-2012 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: Correct words missing

Old 10-19-2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
We are not goig to see nay new models.Even the new healthcare bill is likely to regress some as its npt accepted by about half or more.
Right, no need to test new health care model.It is that to improve existing model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates