Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 04:57 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,458,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
You must have added this later. Did you really read that article ??? After this piece goes on and on about all the wonderful brilliant mechanisms for which the "information density in the nucleus is trillions of times higher than on a computer chip -- while avoiding the knots and tangles that might interfere with the cell's ability to read its own genome. Moreover, the DNA can easily unfold and refold during gene activation, gene repression, and cell replication." , all the brilliant mathematics, etc etc etc, they finally conclude by using the same line of answering you all hate from the creationists below where you make fun of them for saying nothing more than "God-done-it". The article basically says with no other explanation than "Nature-Done-It". The other confusing thing is that some things are made out to be sound like some things are new revelations when many things have been known for over 60+ years.

Actually, the DNA folding problem is one that science has not been able to answer for quite some time. Thankfully, due to resourceful progenitors of intuition and insight who refrained from using magic man in their scientific theses, they were able to unlock yet another answer to age-old questions without invoking the supernatural. Certainly, to say "Nature Done It" is a bit concise and gives the appearance of some entity deemed "Nature" standing alone in the corner doing magical things; but people who so often claim this fail to extrapolate the absolutely wide-berth of explanatory power in which it does so. At least we can follow through with a positive recourse of explanation by saying "Nature did it this way, that way, we're not sure about this yet, etc..." That, to me, speaks magnitudes more than "God did it and he did it in mysterious ways that we'll never know of because it's God."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 05:56 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,260 times
Quote:
The political movement called "creationism" was'nt even invented yet, what are you talking about ??? And nothing has really changed today. In the atheistic secularist utopia where I live and reside, they generally has the same attitude that was prevelant back then, and it is still alive and well here with the "Keep Nordic Countries Homogenous Movement". We just had one of our Cameroon (African) friends get the crap beat out of him while coming home from work by some young atheist Swedish thugs from the local Torslanda Skins of the neo-nazi movement in Göteborg. How do I know they were atheist ??? Because only 5% at best have a belief in any type of religion. The statics and propaganda brochures mean nothing when it comes to the reality of conduct and attitudes. You oughta come here and live for a time in paradise.
Both sides of this issue are at fault for the past and share community responsibility for past vulgar acts against their fellow man. As I've stated before, there is no difference between the two of you and your so-called left/right militant idealogical sides.
Creationism has been around for thousands of years. Why are you talking about the political movement we have today?
Unless you believe in every god, you are being atheistic. So slapping it in front of a world is just you showing you ignorance.
Yes. Because all atheist are neo nazis and believe in evolution I would like too see where you get your statistics from...
You keep presuming to know what I am thinking, I would like to know why you think you are able to read my mind?

Old 10-26-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Then by all means, I yield to your genius. I'm not talking about some muddied experiment to prove a philosophy or some genetic algorithm for adaptation for which I have no problem with. Please cite an empirical scientific example of how an intelligent informational encoding and decoding mechanical system randomly appears as if by magic with no purpose or reason beyond pointless blind indifference from nothing more than chemistry and physics.
The theory of evolution does not say that humans arose purely by chance. To say otherwise is to display a profound absence of understanding of evolution. The novel aspect that Darwin proposed is natural selection. Natural selection is the very opposite of chance.

"Selection of randomly introduced variation is known to be able to produce complex formations, including functional circuits (Davidson 1997; Thompson 1996) and robots (Lipson and Pollack 2000). Creationists have never proposed a reason to explain why the same processes would not produce the same results in nature."

Old 10-26-2009, 06:00 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Neither Evolution or GOD need you to believe in them

Old 10-26-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Well, it's apparent to me from all the present day scientific journals I've ever seen that they simply don't understand that all the folks in the developing countries are equal to all the developed industrialized nations, because every illustrated Ardi, Ida, Lucy and any other perverted anthropological illustrated fairytale shoved down our throats shows negroid features. Why ??? Because they apparently don't have your superior intellect and understanding of the matter. Why don't you contact them and straighten this whole thing out and report back to us their response ??? Tell that to all the Africans who continue to be exploited by Europe that they are simply on the bottom rung of the evolutionary ladder. Attitude Attitude Attitude, I rest my case.
Speaking of DNA, please cite us an empirical scientific example of how an intelligent informational code morphs from pre-biotic mud through nothing more than physics and chemistry.
By your logic, your lack of understanding of science makes you inferior to me. So by your logic, your country is inferior to my country. By your logic your genetic pool is inferior to mine.
Don't give me this neo nazi bs logic. Any educated child could see right through it.
There is no "evolutionary ladder". Anyone who understood the theory of evolution would understand this

Evolution does not explain how life arose, evolution explains the diversity of life. If you want to go off topic, then make another tread.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I assume you are talking about the christian god? That god will disagree with you....

Old 10-26-2009, 06:16 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
...and proof exists only for the former.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I assume you are talking about the christian god? That god will disagree with you....
You mean GOD can't exist without you?

Old 10-26-2009, 07:36 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
You mean GOD can't exist without you?
I may be wrong, but it reads to me the same as unicorns and fairies don't exist without people believing in them (seriously or creatively) since their origin is human imagination. eta: to be clear, I'm not offering my opinion, only how I understand the post.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I may be wrong, but it reads to me the same as unicorns and fairies don't exist without people believing in them (seriously or creatively) since their origin is human imagination. eta: to be clear, I'm not offering my opinion, only how I understand the post.
If there is a GOD then he would exist regardless of my belief in him/her/it

If there is evolution then it will exist even if man is extinct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates