Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:22 AM

109 posts, read 364,455 times

Advertisements

jtur88,

When did I criticize anything European? Where is your thinking? Or are you just looking for a target to put YOUR agenda and beliefs to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 11:33 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingGA View Post
jtur88,

When did I criticize anything European? Where is your thinking? Or are you just looking for a target to put YOUR agenda and beliefs to?
Where did I say you did? I criticized it. You didn't, so I had to. You described a phenomenon, and I ascribed a cause to it. Isn't that what we do here? It's called 'discussion' and even (mockingly) debate.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:23 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

Isn't it perhaps better to take responsibility for birth control on your own, without mandatory surgery for captured males? Both sides need to take this responsibility, but we know that young, stupid male egos don't think well until they are AT LEAST 35 years old. So it's going to continue to be (mostly) up to you clear-headed women, who, for the most part I think, are far more sensible, and do think ahead about families and babies. And responsibilities 'n stuff.

How boring, huh guys?
Im surprised that more women arent offended by this sort of deceptive patronizing; which is usually given under the guise of providing rationale for why women should absolve men of their responsibility to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:30 PM

lol....

No exploitation is the cause but for the purposes of men, women and unplanned children, I would only limit to the role of men to women. I went off on a tangent, obviously...

But if the exploitation could be stopped in a larger scale way for a ten year period, I would bet the welfare expense to the nation would definitely decrease.

Sorry but those who want "scarlet letter" women and children to starve or not be able to work because some bum won't pay child support that will pay for daycare, abortions are illegal but only those who were conceived in marriage deserve assistance, well that's just inhumane. People treat their pets better than that.

Conservatives would like to exterminate the poor, well this is a way to eliminate poverty by removing bad examples. You see I am most angry about being a single parent mainly because I wasn't raised by one. It was never OK. If more kids grew up with that attitude then there would be less willingness to be a single parent. That was my rationale for the first post.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:31 PM

solytaire,

Most women are. Notice how quick he was to attribute it all to the way a woman dresses too. Stereotyping all women as loose which was what I mentioned.There is not cure for it really.

I shared a thought only because of the crap I have had to deal with that has no basis in fact of my situation.

I'm on the bored side now. I guess there isn't another psychologist or sociologist who can see the point I am getting too. I just think there MUST be a way to enable behavioral and social changes with less negative consequences for the innocent.

Last edited by leavingGA; 11-30-2009 at 12:57 PM..

Old 11-30-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingGA View Post
solytaire,

Most women are. Notice how quick he was to attribute it all to the way a woman dresses too. Stereotyping all women as loose which was what I mentioned.There is not cure for it really.

I shared a thought only because of the crap I have had to deal with that has no basis in fact of my situation.

I'm on the bored side now.
I noticed the same thing, as if young men shouldnt be expected to control themselves, just because they are "immature"...pathetic. No one excuses the behavior of young women who accidently become pregnant as being "immature"...hell, they're called whores, sluts, and every other name in the book.

If his statement was any indication of the mentality of young men, then men have a long way to go before they are ready for equality...

Old 11-30-2009, 01:02 PM

Yes, it reminds of the FAVORITE cheaters excuse. But she came on to me......(huh? how does that make it okay?...sorry but I am not convinced that men can be raped by women.)

Sorry, but I don't want to jump the bones of every guy I see. Never did either...

Even if I did, it would never be an excuse for a child to starve or go hungry or go homeless while the guy eats steak and buys a house. Seriously now!

Men can say no to sex and should. Women have a harder time saying no because rape can happen even if we say no. Women are coerced into sex but still controlled by men. When men are seduced by women, it's the little head thinking and not the big one. Remember that women think sex is love and guys just think sex is fun.

This was just my solution for men who can't say NO........if you have to sleep with every woman, you got problems...and if every woman has a kid because of a guy like this, it becomes EVERYONE else's problem too....

Get it now?

It's not meant to be man bashing (though I am pointing out one error) but let's face it, I might not get to a new city to start a new job because of the loser who lied to me 13 years ago. And he's still making excuses......

Last edited by leavingGA; 11-30-2009 at 01:10 PM..

Old 11-30-2009, 01:05 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,465,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Im surprised that more women arent offended by this sort of deceptive patronizing; which is usually given under the guise of providing rationale for why women should absolve men of their responsibility to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Guys can't pitch, if the Gal doesn't want to catch. If you get my drift.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
Guys can't pitch, if the Gal doesn't want to catch. If you get my drift.
I get your drift, but I dont think it is the crux of the issue here. Just because girls can choose or choose not to catch, doesnt mean guys are entitled to pitch...much less with no protection of their own..

Old 11-30-2009, 02:10 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,465,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I get your drift, but I dont think it is the crux of the issue here. Just because girls can choose or choose not to catch, doesnt mean guys are entitled to pitch...much less with no protection of their own..
If the Gal decides not to catch, then it is Rape, and a whole nother matter. But if She decides to catch, then she shares exactly 50% of the responsibility. Play ball!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates