Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 AM

109 posts, read 364,234 times

Advertisements

Now who can find that OB/GYN that will give tubal ligation before kids? Guess what, there aren't any unless you have really good health insurance or want to pay $10K CASH minimum. That's why the topic started with men getting the vascetomy because it IS cheaper and NOT requiring hospitalization.

And the discussions bout tax credits for childless people doesn't solve the issue of how to take care of kids that are already HERE so start a new thread.

I know I paid into the system for ten years before I got trapped. I don't seem to be getting the same kind of help as what I see others get. I didn't grow up with parents cheating welfare so I can't even get the little help I need to get back into the workforce. I had to wait until my kids got older and do it.

But all of you are off topic. Just looking to pass out more insults. Must be my ex among them.....STILL MAKING EXCUSES...or trying to convince wife number two that I'm not being honest. Silly girl, he's using you TOO. If it weren't for YOUR income and credit, he'd still be living with his mom and dad or a boarding house....Why do you think all the other girls in his life didn't stick around....:-) If he wasn't able to convince you how awful I was and that he needed you to "fight" against me or "put me in my place", do you think he would have married you? Just think about that, ok? All the other girls figured it out already. He had the same act down long before me because he said the SAME thing to me. He had been abused by the girl before me. She hit his car with a baseball bat, yadda...yadda...Just know that you weren't the first to be lied to and you won't be the last either, even if you stay with him for your lifetime.

Last edited by leavingGA; 12-01-2009 at 10:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Of course people are hard-wired to have sex. But we have brains to use birth control. Sex isn't the issue, mindless reproduction is. I'm sure we want sex, and reproduction is built in as a side effect. Note how many people who cannot or do not want to reproduce still desire sex.
You missed a line in the birth control insert. 99.9% effective. READ ONE FOR A CHANGE!!!!!

And for all ladies know that you CAN in fact be the 0.1%.

Even if the guy is decent to you, he may flunk at handling REAL responsibility 100%

So don't bother, sex isn't even that worth it without REAL LOVE attached. I know the difference and don't have time to waste on exercise, I would rather have the TOTAL package.

Don't spend time in a room alone at home with ANY guy and even some guys in cars can be trouble. Keep away from drinking guys and avoid even the predators who pose as victims of other girls. No real guy is going a woman to defend him or help him hurt anybody else....

Good luck, here's hoping that you NOT be one of the 0.1%!!!!!

Last edited by leavingGA; 12-01-2009 at 09:30 AM..

Old 12-01-2009, 09:25 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,941,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingGA View Post
..Is there any wonder why America is no longer the best place on earth with actions like that!!!! That kind of thinking about kids is why so many other countries have an advantage over US.
But the American media is doing everything it can to disseminate the American culture to every corner of the world. Which is why some people are becoming terrorists. Now you're beginning to get the hint. They don't hate freedom, they hate the American cultural lifestlye, and don't want it in their country. And like any brave patriot, they are willing to give their lives to protect their country from foreign domination.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:00 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,118,398 times
Quote:
Now who can find that OB/GYN that will give tubal ligation before kids? Guess what, there aren't any unless you have really good health insurance or want to pay CASH.

And the discussions bout tax credits for childless people doesn't solve the issue of how to take care of kids that are already HERE so start a new thread.

I know I paid into the system for ten years before I got trapped. I don't seem to be getting the same kind of help as what I see others get. I didn't grow up with parents cheating welfare so I can't even get the little help I need to get back into the workforce. I had to wait until my kids got older and do it.

But all of you are off topic. Just looking to pass out more insults. Must be my ex among them.....STILL MAKING EXCUSES...or trying to convince wife number two that I'm not being honest. Silly girl, he's using you TOO. If it weren't for YOUR income and credit, he'd still be living with his mom and dad or a boarding house....Why do you think all the other girls in his life didn't stick around....:-) If he wasn't able to convince you how awful I was and that he needed you to "fight" against me or "put me in my place", do you think he would have married you? Just think about that, ok? All the other girls figured it out already. He had the same act down long before me because he said the SAME thing to me. He had been abused by the girl before me. She hit his car with a baseball bat, yadda...yadda...Just know that you weren't the first to be lied to and you won't be the last either, even if you stay with him for your lifetime.
Grouchy much? Let that stuff go, it's not good for you or your kiddos.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:26 AM

lol.....Actually my kids never hear me complain...why did you think I post on forums?

Anger? Gee, life CHANGING issue here AND one that affects my kiddos....Funny, how that works right? One person affects 4 others but I get the blame...lol......how funny :-)Yet if I didn't get angry regarding my kids, then others would have an issue with it....Always with the Catch-22....Hilarious......No one takes the gift of life serious anymore at all. What a shame!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:42 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,118,398 times
Your kids may never hear you complain but they sense this stuff. Good luck to you.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:11 AM

LOL....Exactly...Double standards...

The kids are already stuck in a bad situation. But what about the dad, who CREATED this situation by failure to be responsible. LOL...You are determined to ignore that, aren't you...lol....But that's what my ex did. Always make sure to prompt anger only if there are witnesses around...Of course, my son can sense the hostility from step mom who doesn't like him either since she hates me for exactly what I described. :-) He created hate for his son with his second wife because he had to make sure she would never talk to me. Yes, my son senses that and has seen his dad LESS only after this girl began dating him....FACTS...and documented.

Of course, the EASIEST thing to do is treat me fairly....BECAUSE that includes treating the KIDS fairly....Yup, you can't treat a child fairly without being fair to the other parent. Screwing the mom over in ANY way messes the kid up more than anything else. Basic child psychology there that men ignore because it's more convenient to ignore it.

Sorry but victims of ABUSE (of any kind) have to be angry or the situation NEVER ends...If you can't get angry then you keep getting walked on and abused. Just words here, sweetie....lol

:-) hahahaha..... Double standards ALL the way....

Last edited by leavingGA; 12-01-2009 at 11:56 AM..

Old 12-01-2009, 11:35 AM

When it comes to children, there is a CRISIS of common sense after they are here. Poor kids.

Last edited by leavingGA; 12-01-2009 at 11:56 AM..

Old 12-01-2009, 11:41 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,324 times
Quote:
LOL....Exactly...Double standards...

The kids are already stuck in a bad situation. But what about the dad, who CREATED this situation by failure to be responsible. LOL...You are determined to ignore that, aren't you...lol....But that's what my ex did. Always make sure to prompt anger only if there are witnesses around...Of course, my son can sense the hostility from step mom who doesn't like him either since she hates me for exactly what I described. :-) He created hate for his son with his second wife because he had to make sure she would never talk to me. Yes, my son senses that and has seen his dad LESS only after this girl began dating him....FACTS...and documented.

Of course, the EASIEST thing to do is treat me fairly....BECAUSE that includes treating the KIDS fairly....Yup, you can't treat a child Fairly without being fair to the other parent. Screwing the mom over in ANY way messes the kid up more than anything else. Basic child psychology there that men ignore because it's more convenient to ignore it.

Sorry but victims of ABUSE (of any kind) have to be angry or the situation NEVER ends...If you can't get angry then you keep getting walked on and abused. Just words here, sweetie....lol

:-) hahahaha..... Double standards ALL the way....
Im not trying to be insensitive here, but Im a strong believer that in both society and in nature, women essentially select males who seem worthy enough to breed with. With that in mind, didnt you pick this horrible man to father your children? I realize you may not have wanted kids, but surely you knew just as he knew that kids were a possible result of sex (protected or unprotected). In other words, didnt you essentially pick, what by your descriptions sounds like a loser, to have sex with? What gives with all of the sour talk of him now? That seems kind of irresponsible. Not that he is exhonerated of his irresponsibility. But it sure doesnt lend credance to your cause to berate him as such, when you kind of picked him to mate with.. What gives with all the negative talk of him, partially stemming from what sounds like your own poor decision making?

My mother made a very similar bad decision, and she admits it. She picked a loser to be with, and when he became a father, he turned out to be [you guessed it] a loser.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:47 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,224,475 times
So, what precisely do you want from your ex? What does he need to do for you to find it "fair"? Money? Time? What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates