Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 05:46 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
you and TK just post what makes you feel good about yourselves, like intro-web, underinformed bullies...

If you are presented with a threat. You have options. If you are carrying a weapon, you can choose to use it to diffuse the situation. You can choose to stay and fight, or flee, that is STILL an option. If you are engaged in gunfire from someone who IS carrying a gun and looking for trouble, why are you so indignant in your skewed belief that having a weapon of your own is NOT an advantage? Neither of you have any real argument against the fact that it IS an asset, simply off-the-wall insults and comments about how great you are and/or how dumb everyone else is.
It's only an advantage if you are first to fire. Otherwise, you know that thing about prying it from your cold dead fingers? That can be arranged...after you've been shot to death. Now, this "criminal" has YOUR gun too. Why provide your opponent with a weapon?

Old 12-17-2009, 06:00 AM

313 posts, read 406,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's only an advantage if you are first to fire. Otherwise, you know that thing about prying it from your cold dead fingers? That can be arranged...after you've been shot to death. Now, this "criminal" has YOUR gun too. Why provide your opponent with a weapon?
Not advocating one side or the other, but just wanting to point out something.

out of the 4 shootouts I have been in, one common thing is, most of the criminals that are armed, are not very good shots. Usually they are pretty far off their intended target. So many of times it doesn't matter who shoots first.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:27 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,737 times
Quote:
Even with a weapon, it's not really that easy to "knock someone out".

And if you're shot by surprise? How did your gun protect you? One thing it does is give a criminal just one more thing to steal from you.

By the way, in Broward County a sheriff's deputy accompanied a relative to a MRI. Somehow, when the magnet in the MRI was activated, it managed to somehow pin the deputy's hand between the gun and the machine (why she had it in her hand at the time is beyond me).

The article said that the total damage--to the hospital--was $150,000. Including costs to de-power and repower the MRI. Doesn't mention what the deputy's damages were.
So, this happens every day???

Old 12-17-2009, 06:49 AM

Stupid people do stupid things with stupid guns...pretty much every day, yes.

They don't require intelligence testing when you purchase a gun, now do they?

Old 12-17-2009, 06:49 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,737 times
Quote:
So, you have it all figured out Kramer??? What if the perps first shot misses or is not fatal? Do you think it might be possible I could return fire and kill the perp? What would you do, run like hell and hope he/she doesn't hit and kill you and by the way, if you are lucky enough to get away, check your underwear when you get home!

Old 12-17-2009, 06:51 AM

If they miss, perhaps. If they just wounded you, you'd drop your weapon.

What I'd do is not be around people that were armed.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Please remember TKramer lives in a world that is similar to but not congruent with the one the rest of us live in.

Carry a weapon you know how to use when and where you are likely to need it. Avoid using it unless you have to and then use it effectivly.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:59 AM

I live in a world where there really isn't a lot of gun crime, unless you're already involved in shady activities. Since I'm not, I'm not at risk.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:39 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
this thread is going the exact same direction as EVERY OTHER gun thread. The people who don't like or are afraid of guns don't believe in the constitutional rights of others to own/use them. Those are the same narrow-minded people who say they are open minded, but are really hypocrites in whiner's clothing.

You do your thing, I'll do mine. Live and let live. or in the case of the unarmed, all to often, Live and Let Die.
You're right. Like all other gun threads, there is a representation by people who think that your closed-minded self-interested bias is unfounded. Your thread is not going the way you want it to, so now who's whining?

Quote:
I was physically assaulted by them, had things thrown at me, was hit, spit on.
If the "bad" guys had wanted to kill you, they would have, but they didn't. They had respect for human life. But the "good" guy wanted to kill them, and if he was armed, he would have. You wanted to kill them. And you wish you had had a gun so you could have killed them. Because guns are made to kill people with. You were the only person there who wanted to kill somebody.

Don't worry. Just keep carrying a gun. Your chance to kill someone will come sooner or later, and then your great life dream will be fulfilled.

Last edited by jtur88; 12-17-2009 at 07:56 AM..

Old 12-17-2009, 07:55 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
...after you've been shot to death. Now, this "criminal" has YOUR gun too. Why provide your opponent with a weapon?
Didn't he already have a weapon or did he shoot the person to death by pointing his finger and yelling "Bang!".

Since you'd already be shot to death and your opponent now has a second gun, are you concerned that you have provided your opponent with a wheapon because you intended to come back as a zombie or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates