Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 PM

631 posts, read 1,288,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No, I would not.

Heroin is a man made drug, and I'm totally against those.
This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,353,885 times
Heroin is deadly & anyone selling it should be arrested. Marijuana is a different drug entirely & should be sold to anyone who wants it.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 PM

626 posts, read 1,345,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Heroin is deadly & anyone selling it should be arrested. Marijuana is a different drug entirely & should be sold to anyone who wants it.
I agree!! I would not ever sell Heroin, Meth, Coke, all that ish...but Marijuana's a whole different story

Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 PM

768 posts, read 940,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Okay, but let us not hear any griping about "welfare cheats" who "suck off the teat of public money" because they are "lazy drug-addicted, garbage." That - in a nutshell - is the single biggest hypocrisy there is IMHO. I see so many judgemental people who live in glass houses while hurling stones, and I frankly find it pathetic.

It's funny, when you hear people complain about these so-called leeches, you can almost hear the bit of intellectual honesty trying desperately to voice itself, which says: "I have enough education and self-awareness to know that I'm a leech, too, but this guy sucks at being a leech. I'm great at it. So F*** him/her for being a loser." Of course it comes out like "I work hard and worked my way up the latter and he should too and blah blah blah," but you know the smarter ones say the former, at least on the inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Personally, I wouldn't no matter whether I were to get caught or not. I have what is called a "conscience" and that "conscience" (which by the way is pretty agnostic in general) won't allow me to profit from others absolute demise. I'd feel the same way working for legal drug pushers (since let's face it, the grand secret - well, except maybe to Rush Limbaugh anyway) is that prescription opiate drug abuse is even worse than what the average corner addict shoots up (IMHO) mainly because it's very insidious indeed. This is especially true if you've got sufficient cash to see doctors who will prescribe even more of this crap. It's much easier to hide.
I have a different conscience, but I'll do ya one better on the pharma vs street drug differentiation scale: A few of these pills literally are pure, uncut version of street drugs, such as speed(adderal), and so on.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:52 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,068,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
by fellow dealers? You're in some sort of situation wherein you are protected by a shady government and underworld ties. It's utterly safe from the perspective of personal physical risk; your involvement will give thousands of people more access to heroin.

Would you do it? Please only respond if you feel like explaining and defending your choice. It's the debate section, after all.
I would never knowingly break any law. Besides, people get addicted to that stuff and it ruins their lives forever. If I cannot make an honest living, I would rather live in a sewer somewhere.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-27-2010, 05:51 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
FWIW - Heroin (Hero + in) aka Morphine acetate was developed by the Bayer Company in the 1890’s as a pain killer for the wounded soldiers that could not completely recover. It is still an amazingly effective analgesic to chronic pain and should be used for relief of that type of pain.

Unfortunate it became "drug du jure" for the upper classes where the previously unimportant addictive effect (if your wounds are going to require pain suppression for the rest of your life so what if the drug is addictive) started destroying the lives of the important people. It was made illegal and the criminals spread the consumption as far as they could. As I said before, heroin and the other drugs should be legal, regulated, cheap and taxed.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:55 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,094,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
So is tobacco. Alcohol. Oxycodone.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates