Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 AM
 
Location: EPWV
19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
Reputation: 21278

Advertisements

That's not true. Jesus Himself said :"What goes into a man's mouth does not make him unclean, but what comes out of his mouth that is what makes him unclean".
.
So, if someone threw up their meal of whatever it was - that makes them "unclean"? Didn't their body just reject whatever it was that they digested ? Wouldn't that be making them clean again? Food for thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-25-2010, 08:11 AM
 
260 posts, read 548,800 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Bullcrap, humans are scavengers just like most other wild animals. If we weren't meant to eat meat, our bodies would not be able to digest it, let alone crave it.

Humans have been eating meat since we were smart enough to sharpen a stick and THAT is what's natural.
human bodies cannot process raw meat-it has to be cooked to be digested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2010, 08:18 AM
 
Location: NY
2,011 posts, read 3,878,299 times
Reputation: 918
What crap. Humans are true omnivores. Look at our teeth and the placement of our eyes. We have forward facing eyes for binocular vision as does every predatory mammal on the planet. Prey animals have their eyes on the side of their heads to detect predators in all directions. Get used to it, we are natural predators and are designed to eat meat as well as veggies.
And what does religion have to do with this? Who cares what's written in a fictional book. Lets talk about scientific fact about human physiology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2010, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Reputation: 9980
If we were vegetarians we would be herd animals.......oops
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2010, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Reputation: 14116
Total BS. Anyone with an athropology degree knows we evolved for millions of years to live an omnivorous lifestyle (yes, we aren't carnivores, but we clearly aren't herbivores either). The evidence is overwhelming in our physiology, from how our digestive system works to the shape of our teeth, to how our bodies synthesize proteins along with the fact we can only consume a limited variety of plants which grow in the natural environment, but can eat virtually any animal or insect. Humans are not specialist eaters; our ancient ancestors were eating pretty much whatever they could get their hands on that didn't make them sick.

But if you don't want to eat meat then go for it; I respect that you don't eat meat if you respect that I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2010, 08:24 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Reputation: 3925
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg420 View Post
human bodies cannot process raw meat-it has to be cooked to be digested.
Sorry, but that simply is not true. I suppose Sushi is not digestible?

First of all, we don't "process" raw meat. That's what butchers and packing plants do.

However, we can digest it just fine. Some people believe we are able to digest raw meat better than cooked me.

The problem with raw meat is that germs, bacteria and diseases that might be in it, but would be killed by the heat if the meat was cooked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Reputation: 3925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Total BS. Anyone with an athropology degree knows we evolved for millions of years to live an omnivorous lifestyle. The evidence is overwhelming in our physiology, from how our digestive system works to the shape of our teeth, to how our bodies synthesize proteins along with the fact we can only consume a limited variety of plants which grow in the natural environment, but can eat virtually any animal or insect.

But if you don't want to eat meat then go for it; I respect that you don't eat meat if you respect that I do.
I suppose this could be one of the reasons that the (usually pointed) teeth to the sides of our front teeth are called Canines?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2010, 08:30 AM
 
3,284 posts, read 3,524,763 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg420 View Post
human bodies cannot process raw meat-it has to be cooked to be digested.
Is that so? You may want to do a bit more research on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Reputation: 36644
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg420 View Post
human bodies cannot process raw meat-it has to be cooked to be digested.
So man had to invent fire before he could eat meat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Reputation: 14116
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg420 View Post
human bodies cannot process raw meat-it has to be cooked to be digested.
Also BS. But meat isn't the best part of the animal from a survival point of view. The guts and fat are where are all the nutrients are, and that's what Grandpa Homo Erectus was eating first. You can eat that stuff uncooked just fine. Muscle tissue is digestible as well, cooking softens it to make it easier to chew and kills bacteria, which is probably why we got in the habit of doing barbecues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top