Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2010, 03:04 PM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times
Reputation: 7502

Advertisements

I say "live and let live." If someone isn't hurting others, their family, or it's not affecting their work, then leave them be. Obviously there is a need for certain laws to protect people. Prohibition of marijuana is not one of them! It's not working, and it certainly didn't work for alcohol, now did it?

If we're talking about the legailzation of hard substances, then absolutely NOT! They most certainly should remain illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2010, 03:16 PM
 
4,049 posts, read 5,030,711 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Nice logic. This is true.

Let's go down to the Outback and get a bloody steak and some bloomin' onions. Oh, and mate, stop by the 7-11 and pick me up a pack of Indica. Here's $1000.00.

Same as booze, right? You can go and buy a pack of weed? How old do you have to be to work the 7-11? 18? 21? How old do you have to be to smoke weed?

Hey, Nurse Jackie, why don't you cover for me. I'm going out for a smoke. How many feet from the building do you have to be to torch up? 50 feet? 50 yards?

What kind of buddage goes with that Porterhouse? Humboldt County Skunk, mame. Would you like that in an Apogee or a steam roller?

Hey mom, don't bogard the doob. Pass it over here, Spongebob Squarepants is coming on in 5 minutes!

So, it's so nice outside. Does everybody want to eat out on the patio? Yeah, grab the bong. We've got mosquitoes tonight.

Oh look! A sale on Thai-Stick dipped in Opium and a family size bag Frito Lays $3.00 off at Wal*Mart this weekend!
Just because it's underground does not mean it's not part of the culture. About the only thing from your examples that don't happen is weed being sold legally in stores.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
logic is your friend...i do not need to imagine..i do not live in the past and my generation was not even born in that time...it is absolutely stupid to make this generation responsable for the past..like for example hiroshima,right???
Who said anything about making this generation responsible for the past? I was merely showing you examples of how horrible the stance that "the law is always right" can be. It was completely relevant because your argument for why marijuana should be illegal is that it already is and the law is always right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2010, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,754 posts, read 6,099,791 times
Reputation: 4669
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
This is one of the reasons why I moved towards self-employment. The fact that an employer will literally shake your pee in front of you to see if you've been having fun on the weekends is the last straw for the thinking man who respects himself. At that point you are just a piece of property; a piece of meat. You're barely even a man. What you do on the weekends is now in question.

As per marijuana specifically, that's a whole new level of stupid. The fact that the most harmless way to expand ones consciousness is illegal and may preclude people from employment speaks to the level of stupidity and Corporatism that is The United States.
LOL--"the most harmless way to expand one's consciousness" huh? So I guess you wouldn't mind it you found out that the doctor who is about to perform open heart surgery on your Dad just fired up a fattie in the stairwell on his way to the surgery room.
Also, the debate over the pros and cons of pot, and also about how it compares to alcohol as far as harmfullness to the body is moot. The bottom line is, that as an employer I have the right to demand my employees are drug-free. If they want to smoke dope let 'em go work someplace else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2010, 11:37 PM
 
541 posts, read 1,340,214 times
Reputation: 331
DIOGENE OF JACKSON

this is part of the other answer you posted somewhere else:

My brother still smokes grass. He lives in an upper middle class neighborhood and owns 5 businesses. He's an upstanding citizen in his community, active in his kids' ritzy private schools, member of the chamber of commerce, as well as several trade associations, and I bet not one of those snooty people who live in his subdivision realize he's getting baked all the way home every day after work. I bet they have no idea what goes on his garage while he's working out every other day (similar to that Kevin Spacey movie, but my brother has a good relationship with his wife). I bet their neighbors don't realize that when the kids are put to bed, their parents are doing bong hits in the garage and listening to Hendrix. But then again, how many of their neighbors might be doing the same thing?

Yeah, it'd probably be better if they didn't smoke grass, but to this point in their 18 year marriage, I haven't found any ill effects of it--and nobody knows about it, not even our parents. Think about how many folks in your neighborhood might be like my brother and his wife.

according to your statements,your brother lies to your parents,your brother lies to his chidlren,he lies to his neighborhs,he lies to everybody around him..one time liar,always liar..PEOPLE ,WHO LIE ALL THE TIME HAVE NO VALUES AND NO CHARACHTER!!!in addition he brakes the law,deals wuth dealer to get his substances,he smokes in his house (where little chidlren are sleeping)..what if a child wakes up in the evening and night and serach for mother and father..both under influence in teh garage??one day the children will find out,how will they feel????my parenst are low lifes,drug addcits smoking in the garage every night...nothing too worry about,diogenese...only a little weed...if it is only a little,no big porblem,why does he not tell it to his parents,to his coworkers,to his community??????because society does not accept that,especially drugaddicts parents...children from drug addcits parenst should be adopted out!!!!they should get their kids only ,when they are clean again...if the substances are for them more importante then their children!!!how mcuh pain would it cause to your nieces to realize sooner or later,my parents are 2 druggadicts,taking drugs for years...and it is not simple drugs...the studies show that after certain time,they got borred and want something stronger and more powerful..if you are such an expert in drugs,why do you not try to help your familly,why do not face facts,that being a drug addcit is not so ok,like you presente it in your sentences...
about drugs you seem to be good informed,what about informing yourself about being a child of drugaddicts parents..their health problems,depression,difficulties in school and so on...they will never find out,you think???..come on,lies have short legs..an then how will these parents look in their children,people around them eyes...they brake the law...does not matter much or little substances...does not matter which substance..illegal is illegal..soembody,who brakes the law is a low life for me..and such parents are low lives,their entire life is built on lies...every day they live a doble life...do not tell me that they are ok and fine with it..if you do,you have no clue,but none of the emotional and pshyhological problems as side effects...why do not face the truth?things are not ok and so greta you try to paint them...he has 5 bussiness,he is an outstanding citizen..but guess what,when the truth come out,he will be nothing else then a liar,then a drug addict in the eyes of everybody,even his parents and his children..THE CHIDLREN's world will fall APART,do you get it??...do you think,that they will think the same like you...start to study pshyhology,because you have NO CLUE,how such a truth can impact them,when it comes out!!!shame on your borther for being a liar,a law braker,a betrayer and such a parent!!!there is nothing,but absolutely nothing to be proude about him!and shame on you for not get infromed about children of addicted parents,about addcited getting deeper and deeper in their drugs,trying new and stronger things..you might not have even have a clue,what they use after soo many years...you just sit doing nothing,what a shame!!!i woudl fight for my brother,tell him,you are wrong!your chldren deserve BETTER!!i would tell him..do you get it??not for your borther ,for the children,they are exposed,innocent!!!such people shoudl not have kids!!!!i am totally against such low lifes parents,who get involved in drugs!read and get informed not only about drugs..but specially about children of drug addcits...you might chnage your opinion...addcition has nothing LOST near an innocent child soul!I do not care,if drugs,alkohhool...addcition brakes young souls for life...read and get informed:
CHILDREN OF ADDICTED PARENTS
and you can find more articles about it on the net...stop living in dark and face finally the truth!!!!you have 2 parenst drug addicts in your familly!!learn,what it means for their kids...

and five bussinesses..six cars or whatever ..does not tell me anything hier in usa..people can have five cars,3 houses and being in debts till their neck hier in usa...can be just a coat sugar above a huge amount of ****...

and you say,how many of teh neighbors could be in the same situation..is this an excuse???does it make your brother feel better,that some other people act the same????..come on, american society does not accept such excuses...one time the truth out,he will be,what he is ,nothing else then a liar..his image right now is a cheap immitation,who can brake any time,he is not himself...of himself he is ashamed,because if he were not,he woudl come out with the truth...

i do not see reason to be proude of,i see reason to be very concerned about those innocents kids..these parenst have no values,no decency..to expose the chidlren this way..they should at least consume their drugs soemwhere else...they could be caught any time from the children,especially if they are getting older...but people in their situation do not care..drug adcits are very selfish people..they care first about themselves...at one point nothing else matters only their substance...

he has a good relationship to his wife..how would you know..he is aliar and a liar can presente evrything in another light..they are both liars..he and his wife too...both parents drugaddicts,what a tragedy..and you are naive enough to think,that things are fine...guess what??have you ever thought,it could be another lie of your borther to make you think,everything is fine,with his wifewith his kids...just logical dedcution...

i asked you to answer me such question,but it looks like,you do not have the courage,i am disapointed...how does a liar teach his children the right values?how are you sure,that your brother is not deeper in drugs then you think???..and so on..your thoughts..where are you??and please honestly,if possible,i hope you are not a liar like your brother...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2010, 11:50 PM
 
541 posts, read 1,340,214 times
Reputation: 331
shroombeanie...

i did not caracterize you as low life...i meant your friend ,who consumed drugs..and somebody,who consume drugs is in my eyes a low life,i mean drugs like marihuana and so on...not medicins...and not medical purposes,just recreational

but if you comsume too,then you are in my eyes a low life too and i have no porblem to say it..it is my opinion,like it or not!!
simple equation
recreational drug addict = stupid (you can not fix stupid) =low life

and i do not break the law!!just for your information!!i report people,who brake it....

Last edited by Buburuza13; 03-17-2010 at 12:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2010, 11:51 PM
 
Location: southern california
61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
Reputation: 55562
pot affects alertness.
how can you justify excluding it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2010, 11:56 PM
 
541 posts, read 1,340,214 times
Reputation: 331
logic is your friend..i meant bringing hitler immediately and the topic,comments around it in discussion,only because i am german..like i said..i was not born at that time,does not affect me...you could give another example..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 01:25 AM
 
1,791 posts, read 1,792,458 times
Reputation: 2210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
pot affects alertness.
how can you justify excluding it?
Alcohol affects alertness. Alcohol is "legal" and kills thousands of people each year. Almost killed me a couple of times. Through poisoning. Not driving. Drove drunk once (18) scared the hell out of me.

NEVER came close to even a thought of death smoking a joint or six. That simple. And as I said posting this thread... same rules would apply. Do it on your own time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 02:00 AM
 
241 posts, read 267,363 times
Reputation: 130
wow...this is an extremely scary viewpoint.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
DIOGENE OF JACKSON

this is part of the other answer you posted somewhere else:

My brother still smokes grass. He lives in an upper middle class neighborhood and owns 5 businesses. He's an upstanding citizen in his community, active in his kids' ritzy private schools, member of the chamber of commerce, as well as several trade associations, and I bet not one of those snooty people who live in his subdivision realize he's getting baked all the way home every day after work. I bet they have no idea what goes on his garage while he's working out every other day (similar to that Kevin Spacey movie, but my brother has a good relationship with his wife). I bet their neighbors don't realize that when the kids are put to bed, their parents are doing bong hits in the garage and listening to Hendrix. But then again, how many of their neighbors might be doing the same thing?

Yeah, it'd probably be better if they didn't smoke grass, but to this point in their 18 year marriage, I haven't found any ill effects of it--and nobody knows about it, not even our parents. Think about how many folks in your neighborhood might be like my brother and his wife.

according to your statements,your brother lies to your parents,your brother lies to his chidlren,he lies to his neighborhs,he lies to everybody around him..one time liar,always liar..PEOPLE ,WHO LIE ALL THE TIME HAVE NO VALUES AND NO CHARACHTER!!!in addition he brakes the law,deals wuth dealer to get his substances,he smokes in his house (where little chidlren are sleeping)..what if a child wakes up in the evening and night and serach for mother and father..both under influence in teh garage??one day the children will find out,how will they feel????my parenst are low lifes,drug addcits smoking in the garage every night...nothing too worry about,diogenese...only a little weed...if it is only a little,no big porblem,why does he not tell it to his parents,to his coworkers,to his community??????because society does not accept that,especially drugaddicts parents...children from drug addcits parenst should be adopted out!!!!they should get their kids only ,when they are clean again...if the substances are for them more importante then their children!!!how mcuh pain would it cause to your nieces to realize sooner or later,my parents are 2 druggadicts,taking drugs for years...and it is not simple drugs...the studies show that after certain time,they got borred and want something stronger and more powerful..if you are such an expert in drugs,why do you not try to help your familly,why do not face facts,that being a drug addcit is not so ok,like you presente it in your sentences...
about drugs you seem to be good informed,what about informing yourself about being a child of drugaddicts parents..their health problems,depression,difficulties in school and so on...they will never find out,you think???..come on,lies have short legs..an then how will these parents look in their children,people around them eyes...they brake the law...does not matter much or little substances...does not matter which substance..illegal is illegal..soembody,who brakes the law is a low life for me..and such parents are low lives,their entire life is built on lies...every day they live a doble life...do not tell me that they are ok and fine with it..if you do,you have no clue,but none of the emotional and pshyhological problems as side effects...why do not face the truth?things are not ok and so greta you try to paint them...he has 5 bussiness,he is an outstanding citizen..but guess what,when the truth come out,he will be nothing else then a liar,then a drug addict in the eyes of everybody,even his parents and his children..THE CHIDLREN's world will fall APART,do you get it??...do you think,that they will think the same like you...start to study pshyhology,because you have NO CLUE,how such a truth can impact them,when it comes out!!!shame on your borther for being a liar,a law braker,a betrayer and such a parent!!!there is nothing,but absolutely nothing to be proude about him!and shame on you for not get infromed about children of addicted parents,about addcited getting deeper and deeper in their drugs,trying new and stronger things..you might not have even have a clue,what they use after soo many years...you just sit doing nothing,what a shame!!!i woudl fight for my brother,tell him,you are wrong!your chldren deserve BETTER!!i would tell him..do you get it??not for your borther ,for the children,they are exposed,innocent!!!such people shoudl not have kids!!!!i am totally against such low lifes parents,who get involved in drugs!read and get informed not only about drugs..but specially about children of drug addcits...you might chnage your opinion...addcition has nothing LOST near an innocent child soul!I do not care,if drugs,alkohhool...addcition brakes young souls for life...read and get informed:
CHILDREN OF ADDICTED PARENTS
and you can find more articles about it on the net...stop living in dark and face finally the truth!!!!you have 2 parenst drug addicts in your familly!!learn,what it means for their kids...

and five bussinesses..six cars or whatever ..does not tell me anything hier in usa..people can have five cars,3 houses and being in debts till their neck hier in usa...can be just a coat sugar above a huge amount of ****...

and you say,how many of teh neighbors could be in the same situation..is this an excuse???does it make your brother feel better,that some other people act the same????..come on, american society does not accept such excuses...one time the truth out,he will be,what he is ,nothing else then a liar..his image right now is a cheap immitation,who can brake any time,he is not himself...of himself he is ashamed,because if he were not,he woudl come out with the truth...

i do not see reason to be proude of,i see reason to be very concerned about those innocents kids..these parenst have no values,no decency..to expose the chidlren this way..they should at least consume their drugs soemwhere else...they could be caught any time from the children,especially if they are getting older...but people in their situation do not care..drug adcits are very selfish people..they care first about themselves...at one point nothing else matters only their substance...

he has a good relationship to his wife..how would you know..he is aliar and a liar can presente evrything in another light..they are both liars..he and his wife too...both parents drugaddicts,what a tragedy..and you are naive enough to think,that things are fine...guess what??have you ever thought,it could be another lie of your borther to make you think,everything is fine,with his wifewith his kids...just logical dedcution...

i asked you to answer me such question,but it looks like,you do not have the courage,i am disapointed...how does a liar teach his children the right values?how are you sure,that your brother is not deeper in drugs then you think???..and so on..your thoughts..where are you??and please honestly,if possible,i hope you are not a liar like your brother...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 02:04 AM
 
241 posts, read 267,363 times
Reputation: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
shroombeanie...

i did not caracterize you as low life...i meant your friend ,who consumed drugs..and somebody,who consume drugs is in my eyes a low life,i mean drugs like marihuana and so on...not medicins...and not medical purposes,just recreational

but if you comsume too,then you are in my eyes a low life too and i have no porblem to say it..it is my opinion,like it or not!!
simple equation
recreational drug addict = stupid (you can not fix stupid) =low life

and i do not break the law!!just for your information!!i report people,who brake it....
RIght, I bet you also discriminate against people who use cannabis medically as well. These posts are pretty scary to be honest...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:30 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top