Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2010, 03:24 AM
 
Location: Texas
44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Reputation: 73926

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
of something. I guess the fact that alcohol can and does kill daily, but marijuana doesn't at all, makes alcohol O.K. because it is legal. You have a beautiful day.
Boy, you really are not in touch with reality. MJ is not as safe as you think. But keep telling yourself whatever you have to in order to justify your habit.

Oh, and btw, there are people who exist who break NO laws, ever. And certainly never on purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-18-2010, 07:06 AM
 
4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
Reputation: 4817
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Boy, you really are not in touch with reality. MJ is not as safe as you think. But keep telling yourself whatever you have to in order to justify your habit.
He said it doesnt "kill".
How is he "out of touch"?
Do you have some facts to back up your claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
Reputation: 3632
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Boy, you really are not in touch with reality. MJ is not as safe as you think. But keep telling yourself whatever you have to in order to justify your habit.

Oh, and btw, there are people who exist who break NO laws, ever. And certainly never on purpose.
Once again my head is spinning with a post full of facts and figures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2010, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Reputation: 10616
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
In todays society we all know that drug screening (when jobs return) is an important part of the hiring process. With all the serious drugs such as heroine, crack, meth, etc. I would pre-screen too. Now alcohol is much more harmful than marijuana. Nobody tests for that. With the recent decriminalization of marijuana (not in all states) it should be removed from the list of drug test failures. Same rules would apply as with alcohol... 21 and older, not at work, etc. What do you think?
I think that an employer has every right to test for whatever drugs they want to. The company you work for gets to make the rules; if you can't (or won't) follow them, then you shouldn't be surprised if you're let go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,088 posts, read 5,352,508 times
Reputation: 1626
Yes pot should be excluded. .. and yes, pot should be legal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2010, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Land of Free Johnson-Weld-2016
6,470 posts, read 16,391,935 times
Reputation: 6520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
kinky toes...you do not care,but guess what,other people care...i do not enjoy pot smokers...i am not friend with low lifes,who break the law!!!respect the law (good or bad) is very importante for me and none of my friends break the law,neither in germany,nor in usa nor anywhere in this world!!
All the pot-smokers I know are highly educated and can spell and punctuate properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2010, 01:16 PM
 
30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Reputation: 34511
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Comparing alcohol to marijuana is silly for two reasons:

1. You can drink without getting drunk. The whole point of smoking out is the high.
2. Alcohol has brought a lot of evil upon our society. You want to make more drugs legal and acceptable? Because we've done so well and acted so responsibly with the ones we have.
Good point on #2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2010, 01:45 PM
 
541 posts, read 1,340,044 times
Reputation: 331
kinky toes...using drugs has nothing to do with how high you are educated...you can find addicts in every circle..having a college degree does not always equal smart....i can spell and puctuate properly too...in my language...smile...i hopeyou do not mind..amd if you do,not my problem..

stan4 addicts live in denial..to convince them they have a problem,is very difficult...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2010, 02:19 PM
 
4,049 posts, read 5,029,983 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
kinky toes...using drugs has nothing to do with how high you are educated...you can find addicts in every circle..having a college degree does not always equal smart....i can spell and puctuate properly too...in my language...smile...i hopeyou do not mind..amd if you do,not my problem..
Thank you for acknowledging the fact that drugs have little to do with whether or not a person is a "loser".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2010, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
1,921 posts, read 4,773,287 times
Reputation: 1720
This has nothing to do with what's legal or not. This has everything to do with the rights of a private company. And like it or not, they have a right to spy on you, random tests on you for whatever, and limit your civil liberties. And guess what? It's legal for them to do seemingly illegal things without court orders! When you say you are truly a slave to your job, you truly are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top