Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 06:32 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,997,730 times

Advertisements

America has a big problem! There is a war against women and children. Let's be realistic: not a day goes by that we do not hear over the media about a child or woman being killed, molested, kidnapped, etc., and our Judicial System is part of the problem by allowing these perpetrators to plead guilty, giving them a 3 year- sentence, when they have had several offenses, and then turning them off to the streets to maim and kill.

Case in point is the Robert Gardner story in Escondido, California, who have had several offenses, was turned to the streets, and killed recently a 13 year-old, and suspected of killing seven others.

My point is that since these pedophiles cannot be rehabilitated, and the Judicial System wants to save money, shouldn't they be castrated or microchipped on their first offense providing that it does not include murder? Yes, I know that human rights groups will be clammoring for their rights. Yes, I know this is an act of violence. But what about the rights of women and children? Should they continued to be ignored? What about their right to be protected and have freedom of fear?

How long will it take to stop this madness? How long will it take before it is your child, your sister, or your mother?

AMERICA, WAKE UP!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 06:38 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
America has a big problem! There is a war against women and children. Let's be realistic: not a day goes by that we do not hear over the media about a child or woman being killed, molested, kidnapped, etc., and our Judicial System is part of the problem by allowing these perpetrators to plead guilty, giving them a 3 year- sentence, when they have had several offenses, and then turning them off to the streets to maim and kill.

Case in point is the Robert Gardner story in Escondido, California, who have had several offenses, was turned to the streets, and killed recently a 13 year-old, and suspected of killing seven others.

My point is that since these pedophiles cannot be rehabilitated, and the Judicial System wants to save money, shouldn't they be castrated or microchipped on their first offense providing that it does not include murder? Yes, I know that human rights groups will be clammoring for their rights. Yes, I know this is an act of violence. But what about the rights of women and children? Should they continued to be ignored? What about their right to be protected and have freedom of fear?

How long will it take to stop this madness? How long will it take before it is your child, your sister, or your mother?

AMERICA, WAKE UP!!!!!!!
Most kids are molested by friends and family members, not strangers. A lot of kids would be more protected from pedophiles if they had more adult supervision. Kids would get more supervision if we had fewer single parent households, which means we need to figure out a way to reduce divorce and out of wedlock childbirths.

Once they start microchipping child molesters, it won't be much of a jump before they start microchipping everyone.

This is the classic example of: Problem. Reaction. Solution.

Problem: Create a problem by promoting the breakdown of the family unit at every turn through the media and education systems. This results in kids getting less parental supervision, making them more vulerable to predators.

Reaction: The cry of "Something must be done!" comes from the general public.

Solution: Microchipping and other erosions of civil liberties happen. The
Solution is always what the power elite wanted all along. They just had to figure out a way

Old 03-04-2010, 07:09 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,287,090 times
Quote:

AMERICA, WAKE UP!!!!!!!
Both?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:13 PM

874 posts, read 2,875,214 times
I do not believe using a micro chip is a solution due to the fact that you are still giving them the opportunity to commit the crime again. All you would really be doing is making it easier to catch the person once the evil deed is done. I hold the opinion that anyone convicted of any sexual offense towards a child should spend the rest of their life in prison. There is no rehabilitation for a pedophile. All one can hope is that the sleaze bag does not act upon his desires once he is released from prison. It is my opinion that there is too much of a risk involved in letting them loose after acting upon their desires even after one incident.

Although I do not agree with using micro chips for the reason already stated; I also do not agree with mysticaltyger's opinion of why micro chips should not be used on these people. If you follow his or her way of thinking there would be states that give the death penalty for offenses other than murder.

I would also say that a rapist should be given much more jail time than they presently serve as well; a life sentence would be fine with me. There are many more rapists who commit rape one time and never commit the offense again once released than pedophiles who commit offenses one time and never do it again, but even so, a rape victim's life is usually (I do not like to use the words never or always since there are usually some exceptions to the rule) not the same as before the rape occurred. Some may say that people that are robbed or have their home burglarized are not always the same as before it happened as well but the level of mental trauma is completely different.

I happen to be retired from the NYPD and have been unfortunate enough to have seen a number of rape victims as well as a number of children whom were sexually abused and I would actually have no problem with seeing the perpetrators of these heinous acts receive the death penalty once convicted but I know that there is an abundant amount of people who would be against it in our liberal society who would never allow this to happen so I would settle for life in prison for them. Of course, I do believe there is a difference between someone who commits a consensual statutory rape involving two teenagers as different than someone dragging a woman in the woods and forcing himself upon her. It is the latter offense I am referring to.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:36 PM

418 posts, read 487,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Most kids are molested by friends and family members, not strangers. A lot of kids would be more protected from pedophiles if they had more adult supervision. Kids would get more supervision if we had fewer single parent households, which means we need to figure out a way to reduce divorce and out of wedlock childbirths.

Once they start microchipping child molesters, it won't be much of a jump before they start microchipping everyone.

This is the classic example of: Problem. Reaction. Solution.

Problem: Create a problem by promoting the breakdown of the family unit at every turn through the media and education systems. This results in kids getting less parental supervision, making them more vulerable to predators.

Reaction: The cry of "Something must be done!" comes from the general public.

Solution: Microchipping and other erosions of civil liberties happen. The
Solution is always what the power elite wanted all along. They just had to figure out a way
I couldn't agree with this more.

By the way, isn't it something like ~90% of sexual assaults the victim knows the perpetrator?

Old 03-04-2010, 11:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
everyone should be chipped.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:41 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Neither, pedophiles don't deserve any mercy. If they are convicted guilty, they should be hanged. That, or put on a room with a large man or randy animal who will do to them what they did to the child.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:02 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Neither, pedophiles don't deserve any mercy. If they are convicted guilty, they should be hanged. That, or put on a room with a large man or randy animal who will do to them what they did to the child.
I agree here. Rehabilitation has proved futile in too, too many cases. They should not be allowed to "integrate" back into society in most cases. And it is true, most perpetrators know their victims. Too many of these cases go unreported because of family members willing and vile ignorance of what is going on. Family members who tacitly condone child abuse while it occurs in their own home need to also come under fire. Everyone who allows this to happen is guilty. For the actual perpetrators of the violence and abuse- off with their balls. Or their head. Either one will work.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:16 AM

80 posts, read 278,191 times
Quote:

AMERICA, WAKE UP!!!!!!!
No !!- they should not be castrated or microchipped !!!....
That would be a waste of money - just like rehab.....
The police should just place them in a locked room - just them & the relatives of the victim.....

Old 03-05-2010, 01:08 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,946,839 times
get a rope.. .. end of problem ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates