Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:49 PM

1,773 posts, read 4,874,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Mathematicians have proven that if you have a large enough sample, the margin of error will be smaller than the margin of victory in 99+% of all elections. The number of elections that are fraudulently manipulated is probably larger than the number of fair elections that are decided by a margin closer than the sample margin for error would have been. So we could save about 90% of the cost of all elections by just inviting a random selection of about 1% of the voters to cast a ballot, and just count those.
Electoral College?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 08:44 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,107,252 times
i nfeel pretty confident in the overall outcome with national elections overall. But the local elctions in many places are pretty rigged has to the process still.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:51 AM

314 posts, read 190,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Under current methods of counting votes we don't.
Nobody has the right to know how you marked your ballot in an election. However once you put your mark on a ballot or pull the lever you have no way of knowing just how your ballot was counted. Remember the “hanging chads” from the Florida recounts in 2000? Election officials tried to determine the intent of voters after the election. There was absolutely no way the intentions of the voters who marked those ballots could be determined.

Well I think I have a way that the integrity of elections can be assured. On every paper ballot or electronic ballot eleven blank boxes will be placed in the upper right corner of the ballot. The voter will place a number from one to nine in each of ten boxes. In the eleventh box a letter of the alphabet will be placed. The voter can either memorize this number or write it down while in the voting booth. The voters can put this number in a secure place for safekeeping. All ballots cast will be scanned while counting and when the results of the election are announced the scanned ballots will be posted on a website available at no cost to the public. Every ballot cast in an election will be available for viewing. However if you want to see your personal ballot you can type in your ten digits and the letter of the alphabet you marked on your ballot to verify that it was counted correctly. If several hundred people report that their ballot was not marked correctly the results of the election can be investigated.. Anyone saying that their ballot was incorrect would do so under penalty of perjury. Logs kept by election officials could be compared with time stamps on ballots to verify that that voter was actually present during the time the ballot was cast. The privacy of each voter would be guaranteed unless that voter protested that his vote was counted wrong. A system like this would make it almost impossible to rig an election and get away with it.

GL2
If there is a Demcrat on the ticket, chances are good it is rigged. Over the years, we have seen tons of voters fraud committed by Democrats. JFK election where Chicago did a recount and miraculously changed from Nixon to JFK, attempted hijacking of the 2000 election where the Supreme Court of the State of Flordia attempted to modify a law created by the Florida under is plenary (absolute) power to determine the method for choosing members of electoral collage.

In my personal experience, CA's 36th CD experienced an unheard-of, or nearly so, majority of absentee ballots being for the Democrat. A group I was in did some checking under a recount, and Democrats would be registering 6-deep on Mailbox Etc., boxes, empty lots, utility right-of-ways etc., by the thousand were put down as the registered residence for Democarts.

They are masters at it, so beware. Never, ever trust a Democrat. Better to put your faith in a felon than a Democrat.

Another example, in the 2000 Florida Presidential, 37 absentee ballots were found to be cast by convicts, 36 of the 37 voted for the Democrat. And this might have been one precinct. The same election where the Democrats wanted to refused absentee ballots from members of the Armed Forces because of some technicality, real or imagined.

No, better to trust a rabid dog than a Democrat

Old 04-21-2010, 08:21 AM

4,505 posts, read 8,901,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperarmati View Post
If there is a Demcrat on the ticket, chances are good it is rigged. Over the years, we have seen tons of voters fraud committed by Democrats. JFK election where Chicago did a recount and miraculously changed from Nixon to JFK, attempted hijacking of the 2000 election where the Supreme Court of the State of Flordia attempted to modify a law created by the Florida under is plenary (absolute) power to determine the method for choosing members of electoral collage.

In my personal experience, CA's 36th CD experienced an unheard-of, or nearly so, majority of absentee ballots being for the Democrat. A group I was in did some checking under a recount, and Democrats would be registering 6-deep on Mailbox Etc., boxes, empty lots, utility right-of-ways etc., by the thousand were put down as the registered residence for Democarts.

They are masters at it, so beware. Never, ever trust a Democrat. Better to put your faith in a felon than a Democrat.

Another example, in the 2000 Florida Presidential, 37 absentee ballots were found to be cast by convicts, 36 of the 37 voted for the Democrat. And this might have been one precinct. The same election where the Democrats wanted to refused absentee ballots from members of the Armed Forces because of some technicality, real or imagined.

No, better to trust a rabid dog than a Democrat
Semperamati,
I agree with most of what you say but not all members of the GOP are as pure as the driven snow either. Some of the recent leadership in the Republican party pi**es me off more than rabid Democrats like Reid & Pelosi. People like Denny Hastert and John McCain for instance. They should know better.

GL2

Old 04-21-2010, 01:07 PM

314 posts, read 190,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Semperamati,
I agree with most of what you say but not all members of the GOP are as pure as the driven snow either. Some of the recent leadership in the Republican party pi**es me off more than rabid Democrats like Reid & Pelosi. People like Denny Hastert and John McCain for instance. They should know better.

GL2
You are so right. I despise RINOs. McCain is a disgrace. The only reason his is a success in life is his war record (got shot down, and interred at Hanoi Hilton.) He was the third of a line of Old Navy, ring knockers (graduates of Naval Academy). Pop was CINCPac, I believe. He was like 5th from the bottom in his graduating class and would have normally been forced to surface navy or shore navy, but because he had two ring knockers ahead of him (Pop and GrandPop), he was accepted into Naval Air. The rest is history.

His absolute Lameness cost us the election, and anyone who works with the ex-Senator from Mass. has no business on a GOP presidential ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates