Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:17 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,213,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
This case hasn't even gone to trial yet. They are attempting to use this law. That doesn't mean that they will be successfull.
esp since such a law doesn't appear to exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 11:19 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,213,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden phoenix View Post
Wow, it seems that I am a racist. That's why when a friend goes to Mexico to visit her family I ask her "did you have any problems climbing over the fence," and you know what she is still a friend and when I got her wedding invitation I called and asked her, how the hell am I supposed to respond since English is my first language and do you really want me at your reception because I will look out of place. Or what about another friend who was born in Tawian when I went to visit I said "I'm driving because the last time you took us to dinner we felt like you had a death wish." If people cannot joke with their friends no matter what color or nationality without the PC Police interfering then they have a serious problem. God you folks are indeed destroying what good is left in America and in all probabilty with all your damnation are probably just a bunch of lily whites surrounded by lily whites and are indeed the true racists. I am just glad that a higher power judges me rather then the fruitcakes who roam earth.
The irony here was not lost on me.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:05 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,216 times
I feel as if there is actually enough concrete evidence to prove the guilty party, there should be no racial escapes from the death penalty if that is the sentence.
Seems like some reverse discrimination going on there.

Then again I am biased. I have dead friends who were officers killed in the line of duty.
So I support the death penalty for murderers across the board.
Especially those who kill cops.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:31 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden phoenix View Post
Wow, it seems that I am a racist. That's why when a friend goes to Mexico to visit her family I ask her "did you have any problems climbing over the fence," and you know what she is still a friend and when I got her wedding invitation I called and asked her, how the hell am I supposed to respond since English is my first language and do you really want me at your reception because I will look out of place. Or what about another friend who was born in Tawian when I went to visit I said "I'm driving because the last time you took us to dinner we felt like you had a death wish." If people cannot joke with their friends no matter what color or nationality without the PC Police interfering then they have a serious problem. God you folks are indeed destroying what good is left in America and in all probabilty with all your damnation are probably just a bunch of lily whites surrounded by lily whites and are indeed the true racists. I am just glad that a higher power judges me rather then the fruitcakes who roam earth.
LMAO, no kidding huh. If some of the banter that goes down twixt some of my friends and I were recorded and put on TV, it would be major shock factor to many. What!? You mean that whites, Mexicans, and Indians actually talk like this to each other in FUN?!

Old 05-08-2010, 04:02 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,713 times
Golden, nobody called you a racist, so don't be upset. I just found it funny that you called yourself colorblind after posting a giant thread about a racial issue, then proceeded to defend yourself by citing all of your non-white friends. There is no such thing as being colorblind. To me, calling yourself that is the same as playing the race card.

I think it's great if you can joke with your friends and they aren't offended. I would never DREAM of saying some of those things to my friends, and that's not because I am PC (I'm very blunt and honest) but because I am respectful and sensitive. I'm assuming you're white (forgive me if I'm wrong), so would it be ok for me to ask you about your slave owning ancestors or your Nazi heritage? You don't have to answer, just something to think about...

Old 05-08-2010, 04:10 PM

667 posts, read 940,614 times
It is known the punishment of blacks is politically incorrect and mostly prohibited. Say "thanks" to ACLU, Libs & Friends.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:16 PM

171 posts, read 212,356 times
Yeah!!! I'm glad..
1. I don't feel cop killers should get a different form of punishment than anyone else, we are all HUMANS.
2. It's crazy how when blacks are mistreated and murdered unfairly no one seems to care and once there is a law put in place to balance the scales - it all of sudden becomes unfair.
3. If you can get me this number's "Now it seems we can only send white people who kill black cops to death row:" - How many white people was sent to death row for killing a black cop??? (people have a habit of using a "for insists" for making a point. When most of the time this is not even happening.
4.All have to do is prove mathematically sound statistical arguments that death penalty has been handed out more frequently to people of is race - That's not fair!!! If the death penalty was handed out fairly in the county what are you worried about?? (and if it wasn't- why weren’t you worried before)
5.Vicious murderers are now using the law across the state - we'll maybe because they are only considered vicious when blacks do the killing!! (Killing is wrong - both black, white, purple)
6.It makes sense - Since the majority of people were black on death row and the majority of people wrongfully accused are black, what don't you get!! The law didn't protect the whites because majority of the whites on death row were not wrongfully accused!!! duh.
7.No, that's not so!! - The law doesn’t provide less justice for white families. It just now provide the same justice for white families as blacks families.
8. So, what they are using the taxpayer funds for a study!! Tax payers didn't mind them using their funds to build jails to falsely lock up black people. I am glad the tables are turning. LOL
9. You don't have a problem with 74 percent of those executed were black. But you have a big problem with 2 cops being killed and their killer not getting the death penalty!!!! He"s not living at home with his children - He’s locked away!!
10. Crime of policing while white - LOL.. How many white police beat and killed black people while on duty!!
Why should so-called "racial justice" only apply to death sentences? - It shouldn't because Racial convictions goes far beyond that!!
12.Are killers more likely to get life sentences if they kill white people?- You know that, if the killers are black- nothing new!!

Yeah Democrats!!!!!

Old 05-08-2010, 08:04 PM

169 posts, read 318,388 times
Coastalgirl, actually the people I associate with are quite open maybe you should find some. If you fear offending people maybe they aren't your friends. We are who we are and I am tired of people throwing around the racist thing, it's a cop out plain and simple. Hey my friends call me names but it's done in friendship so people must also lighten up because the world can be a cruel place to be just waking up but there are those who wake up and figure out who they want to screw with that day. I stay away from those kind.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:50 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
This moron aside, you all do know that it's all but proven that a black person is more likely to be sentenced to death for the same crime that a white person commits, even when repeat offenses are controlled for? If anyone doubts this, I'm happy to look for the source, but it doesn't strike me as something particularly surprising and fantastic.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:09 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
All this arguing over a bogus premise.
Can we now just argue over the new law in New York requiring 2 servings of human flesh daily in the school lunches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates