Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

I am driving less while enraged at gasoline prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 10:13 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
I drive as little as possible, primarily because I refuse to blow money on gas and secondarily because every year fewer and fewer drivers know (or follow, if they do know) the rules of the road. I refuse to subject myself to an illogical, chaotic free-for-all unless absolutely necessary. I won't even jog on roads any more--too many morons obsessed with smartphones.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:53 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,780,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am driving less while enraged at gasoline prices.
Exactly..... What's a little road rage compared to the price of gas?

Old 05-07-2011, 12:27 PM

645 posts, read 1,276,056 times
I could be wrong, but I feel that the poster covered “health and wellness” as well as “green living.”

I got the opinion that he was suffering from road rage, and switched to bicycles, which solved his problem, health and wellness. However, because he now cycles, he’s green living. I may well be reading into this and seeing what I want to see, but I feel he’s implying or proving that if more people would make an effort to become green, we would be happier. In other words, green living is a byproduct of doing things for our health and wellness.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolillo_loco View Post
I could be wrong, but I feel that the poster covered “health and wellness” as well as “green living.”

I got the opinion that he was suffering from road rage, and switched to bicycles, which solved his problem, health and wellness. However, because he now cycles, he’s green living. I may well be reading into this and seeing what I want to see, but I feel he’s implying or proving that if more people would make an effort to become green, we would be happier. In other words, green living is a byproduct of doing things for our health and wellness.
Well, in a perfect world, everyone would live close enough to their work to cycle or walk, live close enough to stores/basic needs, etc to walk/cycle. There would be no daily need for autos (for the average person). There would be less congestion on the roads. People would get more exercise. There would be less need to cover the planet with asphalt. People would also live in smaller, more efficient homes, have yards big enough to supplement their food with their own garden. Have community gardens, as well. Lots of good ideas. But only ideas. Too much logic for our world. Now pass the Doritos and TV remote, please...

Old 05-07-2011, 08:18 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Well, in a perfect world, everyone would live close enough to their work to cycle or walk, live close enough to stores/basic needs, etc to walk/cycle. There would be no daily need for autos (for the average person). There would be less congestion on the roads. People would get more exercise. There would be less need to cover the planet with asphalt. People would also live in smaller, more efficient homes, have yards big enough to supplement their food with their own garden. Have community gardens, as well. Lots of good ideas. But only ideas. Too much logic for our world. Now pass the Doritos and TV remote, please...
So now that you got that off your chest can you contribute something meaningful to the question posed in the OP?

Old 05-08-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So now that you got that off your chest can you contribute something meaningful to the question posed in the OP?
I already addressed the OP in an earlier post. The question was whether "Anyone here started driving less due to road-rage." It was a question. I suppose "something meaningful" would be an answer to the question, no? Here was my answer in case you missed it:

Quote:
I drive as little as possible, primarily because I refuse to blow money on gas and secondarily because every year fewer and fewer drivers know (or follow, if they do know) the rules of the road. I refuse to subject myself to an illogical, chaotic free-for-all unless absolutely necessary. I won't even jog on roads any more--too many morons obsessed with smartphones.
I have no idea whether you would deem that a meaningful response or not. Exactly what did you have in mind?

Old 05-08-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I already addressed the OP in an earlier post. The question was whether "Anyone here started driving less due to road-rage." It was a question. I suppose "something meaningful" would be an answer to the question, no? Here was my answer in case you missed it:

I have no idea whether you would deem that a meaningful response or not. Exactly what did you have in mind?
LMAO you are funny dude....

Was I replying to your earlier post in this thread? No.

I was replying to your standing on your pedestal and telling everyone what your perfect green world is like post which had absolutely nothing to do with the OP.

That's exactly what I had in mind.

Last edited by plwhit; 05-08-2011 at 10:08 AM..

Old 05-08-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
LMAO you are funny dude....

Was I replying to your earlier post in this thread? No.

I was replying to your standing on your pedestal and telling everyone what your perfect green world is like post which had absolutely nothing to do with the OP.

That's exactly what I had in mind.
Not my world. I saw it on my smartphone. Haven't the carrier waves brainwashed you yet? Let's get with the program.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Not my world. I saw it on my smartphone. Haven't the carrier waves brainwashed you yet? Let's get with the program.
Which program is that? The hijack this thread program?

Please tell me where in the OP it mentions anything about green.

The person stated that when he started riding his bicycle his anger subsided.

So how do you read green or environment into that?

I like the way the OP has been hijacked and subverted by you and bolillo_loco..........

Last edited by plwhit; 05-08-2011 at 12:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living