Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:10 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,035,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Yup, Be afraid, be very very afraid of what might happen at some place some time to something....

Yes, we see from cities like Nagasaki and Hiroshima just how long nuclear irradiated cities remain uninhabitable....

Roll your eyes, smack your head and do the hurley curley for all I care.... I see that as of right now you still have no answers for the questions I have posed to you a couple of times concerning nuclear power plants.

Third time around:

France has 78% of their power generated from nuclear plants yet we don't see any abnormalities in their cancer statistics, why is that?

Their first reactor went online in 1964, almost 50 years of non-stop operations and nobody has gotten sick, explanation?

There are over 2.8 million people living within a 50 mile radius of 3 mile island nuclear plant, no sicknesses no increase in cancer rates since 1974... Explain?

Indian Point nuclear reactor on the Hudson river up from NYC, no sicknesses or cancer reported because of it since 1962, explanation?

I thought I made myself quite clear that no I am not scared of nuclear power, I take the FUD articles on nuclear power with the seriousness they deserve... What's it called? A grain of salt?

If the following is unclear to you I can't make it any simpler....

When they exhibit fear about something that might/could/maybe/possibly/chance of happening I think it's quite funny...

I feel pity for people who go around all their lives worrying about what might occur.

Are nuclear reactors dangerous? You betcha...

But most of the following are more dangerous/deadly than nuclear reactors based on death statistics.......

~ automobiles

~ liquor

~ drugs

~ flying

~ taking a cruise

~ eating at your mother-in-laws

~ walking down the street

~ sleeping in your bed

and on and on......
This tired, uneducated post yet again? Yawn.

This wasn't even addressed to me, but like any song stuck on auto-repeat, it deserves a stop button. Thank goodness C-D has one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 07:13 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,210,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
This tired, uneducated post yet again? Yawn.

This wasn't even addressed to me, but like any song stuck on auto-repeat, it deserves a stop button. Thank goodness C-D has one.
I take the inability of anyone here to answer the simple questions I posed to mean that I am correct in my assumption that the fear people have over nuclear power is irrational and unfounded....

If the questions I posed are so uneducated why has not one educated person here answered or responded to them other than with sarcasm and childish remarks?

Old 10-26-2012, 07:20 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,035,704 times
Quote:
I take the inability of anyone here to answer the simple questions I posed to mean that I am correct in my assumption that the fear people have over nuclear power is irrational and unfounded....
People aren't responding because you're so far off base that to explain it to you would be as pointless as explaining astrophysics to a four year old.

Like I said, come here with knowledge on the topic (or at least a better attitude), or go away. Since you've done neither, I'll have to do it for you via the cozy ignore list so we adults can continue the conversation.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
People aren't responding because you're so far off base that to explain it to you would be as pointless as explaining astrophysics to a four year old.

Like I said, come here with knowledge on the topic (or at least a better attitude), or go away. Since you've done neither, I'll have to do it for you via the cozy ignore list so we adults can continue the conversation.
Ah, now it becomes clear, people should only post here when they agree with the OP.

Thanks for the polite educated response to the simple questions I asked...

Your post just goes to show that rude people can and do exist in forums other than P&OC....

Last edited by plwhit; 10-26-2012 at 08:34 PM..

Old 10-26-2012, 07:41 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,037,755 times
Quote:
Yup, Be afraid, be very very afraid of what might happen at some place some time to something....

Yes, we see from cities like Nagasaki and Hiroshima just how long nuclear irradiated cities remain uninhabitable....

You understand that the bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima were detonated well above the surface of the ground to cause maximum damage, and to disperse the radiation into the atmosphere, right?

No I guess you don't.

You understand that 25 years after the Chernobyl disaster, that area is still an uninhabitable, radioactive wasteland, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, right?

No I guess you don't.

Please educate yourself before posting about things like this. Because right now you just look like a fool. Seriously.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post

You understand that the bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima were detonated well above the surface of the ground to cause maximum damage, and to disperse the radiation into the atmosphere, right?

No I guess you don't.
The Hiroshima bomb was detonated at <2,000 ft.

You do realize that constantly smacking yourself would be more appropriate in an S&M forum?

Quote:
You understand that 25 years after the Chernobyl disaster, that area is still an uninhabitable, radioactive wasteland, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, No I guess you don't.right?
Yes it surely does look like a radioactive wasteland......

Quote:
Please educate yourself before posting about things like this. Because right now you just look like a fool. Seriously.
It's so nice to have an intelligent cordial respectful conversation with you...

Still no answers to my questions, this sure is an intelligent dialogue at it's finest......

Thirteen head smacks in a single post, must be a C-D record....

Last edited by plwhit; 10-26-2012 at 08:37 PM..

Old 10-26-2012, 10:58 PM

Great news! The start of a new nuclear power plant in America....

Quote:
China is to provide technical support for the first time in the building of a third-generation nuclear power plant in the United States.

State Nuclear Power Technology Corp Ltd said on Friday that it had signed a technical support service contract with Shaw Power Group related to the building of the Vogtle AP1000 project in Georgia, the first new reactor approved by the US government in nearly 30 years.
Technical support for US nuclear project|Economy|chinadaily.com.cn

Old 10-27-2012, 05:17 AM

881 posts, read 2,093,640 times
Yes, yes you are (back to the OP Q). NP is well, no problem.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:59 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,293,784 times
plwit...the picture you posted of Chernobyl is Pripyat, a ghost city that is uninhabitable because of high radiation, and it'll be a few thousand years before it's habitable again.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:45 PM

37,477 posts, read 61,444,537 times
In the USA's continuing effort to make more Nuclear Power Plants did anyone else pay any attention to the USS Minnesota SSN-783 being christened today?

USS Minnesota to be Christened Saturday | Military.com

Gotta love how we keep making more nucs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living