Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 10:07 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,656,888 times

Advertisements

Maybe as a replacement for our Gen 2 Insight, although the Passat TDI looks good, and a used Volt ..
Oh, right the car. It looks cool, sure better than a Smart Car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 09:10 PM

986 posts, read 2,510,819 times
Default Elio Motors, yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
I think I would buy one just to try it out.

It gets 84 miles to the gallon on the highway. That means you can go from Detroit to New York City on a tank of gas – or drive from Shreveport LA to Dallas and back – then back to Dallas again – and still have about 110 miles left before a refill. How is that possible?

Elio Motors: Ultra High Mileage Vehicle
Being a non-Peak-Oil-denier who realizes that 49/84 MPG could have serious advantages, I'd definitely buy it. The low initial cost, even if it runs $1,000 more, is also good. The latest news is a production delay until 2016 but the CEO is committed to it.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:12 PM

986 posts, read 2,510,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
If they do that, they crash their business. There is almost NO market for these things if they cost more than 10 grand.

The only way that they could be attempting this is if they were attempting to get rich off of reservation money.... which adds up to less than they have invested.

I suppose that what your saying could happen, but it would be the most literal business suicide I have ever heard of.
I'd buy one at maybe $12k max, depending on comfort and utility, having never driven one. Many motorcycles go for more than that. The fuel savings and general morality of not wasting gas appeal to me.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:13 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times
https://www.ktbs.com/news/la-motor-v...3b99d01e6.html

Quote:
Louisiana's Motor Vehicle Commission today fined Elio Motors more than half a million dollars for not following state guidelines and having the necessary licenses while taking non-refundable customer deposits for its vehicles.

The company, which can appeal the commission's decision to a state district court, was given 60 days to get the necessary licenses or face additional fines. It is continuing to receive deposits for the three-wheel car, which has not gone into production and is behind schedule.

Elio was fined $272,500 for not having a manufacturer's license and another $272,500 for not having an automobile dealer's licenses, said Motor Vehicle Commission member Keith Hightower of Shreveport.

The Motor Vehicle Commission staff had recommended a $7.5 million fine, Hightower said.
If anyone wasn't paying attention, another green scam blows up.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:09 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,990,079 times
Maybe I will buy one from the third model year...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living