Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 01:35 PM

19,094 posts, read 27,679,377 times

Advertisements

OK, now that I am back to posting.
Elio CS does not quite repond to emails.
I am waiting day 4 for answer to a simple Q: As nowhere in my Elio online account doe sit say that I actually placed deposit for the VEHICLE itself, do you practice any more substantial confirmation?
Had inquiry number email back. That somehow didn't answer the Q though.
Also, found another article from the same fella that claims Elio is stinking of scam. He had same complaint - Elio does NOT respond to inquiries. But, apparently, he finally had response back and will post answers.

Gas 2 | Bridging the gap between green heads and gear heads.

I never had any good luck in gambling. Those $100 I bet I already have them written off. But I'll keep revisitng this page, should there be any progress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 02:10 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,507,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
OK, now that I am back to posting.
Elio CS does not quite repond to emails.
I am waiting day 4 for answer to a simple Q: As nowhere in my Elio online account doe sit say that I actually placed deposit for the VEHICLE itself, do you practice any more substantial confirmation?
Had inquiry number email back. That somehow didn't answer the Q though.
Also, found another article from the same fella that claims Elio is stinking of scam. He had same complaint - Elio does NOT respond to inquiries. But, apparently, he finally had response back and will post answers.

Gas 2 | Bridging the gap between green heads and gear heads.

I never had any good luck in gambling. Those $100 I bet I already have them written off. But I'll keep revisitng this page, should there be any progress.
Thanks for taking the risk and keeping us updated. You are doing a public service vetting this company.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:00 PM

Learned new word - vetting.
Still no response. But as a peculiar fact, my wife suddenly approved of this car.
OK....

Old 06-09-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Learned new word - vetting.
Still no response. But as a peculiar fact, my wife suddenly approved of this car.
OK....
Hopefully they respond soon. From what I can gather from other people emailing them is that they have an absolutely astonishing amount of emails coming in. Apparently this is generating a lot of buzz.

Whether or not this company pans out, I still think that micro-cars are the future. At least for commuting within a populated area. You can always rent a bigger vehicle for special purposes as needed.

I will be a happy camper if these micro-cars and even the tiny houses on wheels movements catch momentum. I would love to live smaller and more importantly, more affordable. Give me money to go out and do the things I really want to.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:58 PM

OK, have the response:

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)
Jun 12 17:46
Hello II****!
Thanks for your email.
Did you get a confirmation email from us? It outlines that you have a spot in line to get your Elio!

Best,
The Elio Team

Old 06-12-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Hopefully they respond soon. From what I can gather from other people emailing them is that they have an absolutely astonishing amount of emails coming in. Apparently this is generating a lot of buzz.

Whether or not this company pans out, I still think that micro-cars are the future. At least for commuting within a populated area. You can always rent a bigger vehicle for special purposes as needed.

I will be a happy camper if these micro-cars and even the tiny houses on wheels movements catch momentum. I would love to live smaller and more importantly, more affordable. Give me money to go out and do the things I really want to.

Yeah, my email was #20 000 plus.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:02 PM

And this what email said:

Hello, L***, I****

Thank you for reserving your Elio! You can check the status of your reservation by logging into your account
Your Order #10001**** (placed on June 3, 2014 2:00:02 PM EDT)

Old 06-13-2014, 05:31 PM

update:

Elio Motors | The next big thing in transportation, the blog edition!

Old 06-13-2014, 05:35 PM

It is nice that they got back to you and gave you reservation number. Their verbiage suggest that they are not reserving an actual vehicle, but a position in line to buy one? Which is as good as guaranteeing an actual vehicle assuming they go into major production as planned.

So far, I am optimistic about this company... and a little impatient, ha ha.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:00 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,476,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
It is nice that they got back to you and gave you reservation number. Their verbiage suggest that they are not reserving an actual vehicle, but a position in line to buy one? Which is as good as guaranteeing an actual vehicle assuming they go into major production as planned.

So far, I am optimistic about this company... and a little impatient, ha ha.
According to the blog it's going to be another year and a half before they are in full production, and have dealers, etc., so patience will be required.

I thought the “Move over Tesla, the $6,800 Elio is here” headline from USA Today was ludicrous, though. They are designed for totally, completely different market niches.

As far as "reserving a manufacturing position," rather than a specific vehicle, yes, that is a system that has been employed for motor vehicles for more than 100 years. A very close friend in the Silicon Valley did that, what, maybe 3 or 4 years ago when the first Smart ForTwo cars were being advertised pre-release. He didn't need another car, and his taste runs to high end BMWs, but as he said "It was just so cute, and so cheap, and the deposit was only $500, so I jumped on it, just for fun."

Then he just forgot about it for 6 months, until he got a message that it was time to pick his color and options, and arrange for delivery, which occurred about a few weeks later. In his case at least, it turned out better than expected. He had so much fun driving the Smart Car that he drove it something like 15K miles over the following year, while only putting 600 miles on his BMW.

For only $100 you get to be part of the fun, and wear the t-shirt, even if you wind up not buying the vehicle. Seems like a reasonable investment for a year and a half worth of entertainment.

Last edited by OpenD; 06-13-2014 at 06:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living