Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:17 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,988,794 times

Advertisements

Pony means false. If you can prove I used a phony site or that the text I took directly from that site was altered (other than the emphasis I said I added) then I'll never ever post on this Green Living Forum again.

However, if you can't prove it, then the same goes for you, you never ever post on the Green Living Forum again.

What do you say? Time to see who is telling the truth here, once and for all.

Your very next post will show who is lying and who is telling the truth. If you don't show proof that I used a phony site and phony information then everyone will know that too.

It's now up to you OpenD. Time to put all this to rest now and forever. We both know exactly what posts we're talking about, we know which links what websites as well. It shouldn't take you but a few seconds.

Last edited by Mack Knife; 11-13-2014 at 04:40 PM..

Old 11-13-2014, 07:12 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,531,601 times
This has gone far past ridiculous to totally and completely ludicrous.

I already proved that Mack changed WFPs assertion that there are 6 main reasons to just 5

And he edited their list of those 6 reasons to just 5

And I showed clearly that he deleted #6 because it supported my position

This was a blatant and deliberate manipulation of the facts and it is indefensible.

And, unfortunately it is only one of several completely clear examples of deliberate distortion here.

No amount of rationalization or explanation can alter this simple truth. Now it's time to stop the madness! Please stop trashing my thread!

Last edited by OpenD; 11-13-2014 at 07:21 PM..

Old 11-13-2014, 07:39 PM

Read post #47!

You lied.

Here is that post, quoted and anyone can go back and read it. Notice there are six reasons listed. I've highlighted bold and red reach reason so that it is easier to count them.

"And what did the World Food Prgramme (WFP) say are the main reasons for hunger? They list 6 and guess what isn't one of them? Right, food spoilage.

Now everyone else is wrong and you are right? ROTFLOL

Let me help with this directly from The World Food Programme (WFP). Tell me if you can find the words "spoil", "spoilage" "rot" "rotten" anywhere in that The emphasis in the text below was added by me.

"There are many reasons for the presence of hunger in the world and they are often interconnected. Here are six that we think are important.

Poverty trap (Reason #1)
People living in poverty cannot afford nutritious food for themselves and their families. This makes them weaker and less able to earn the money that would help them escape poverty and hunger. This is not just a day-to-day problem: when children are chronically malnourished, or ‘stunted’, it can affect their future income, condemning them to a life of poverty and hunger.

In developing countries, farmers often cannot afford seeds, so they cannot plant the crops that would provide for their families. They may have to cultivate crops without the tools and fertilizers they need. Others have no land or water or education. In short, the poor are hungry and their hunger traps them in poverty.

Lack of investment in agriculture (Reason #2)
Too many developing countries lack key agricultural infrastructure, such as enough roads, warehouses and irrigation. The results are high transport costs, lack of storage facilities and unreliable water supplies. All conspire to limit agricultural yields and access to food.

Investments in improving land management, using water more efficiently and making more resistant seed types available can bring big improvements.

Research by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization shows that investment in agriculture is five times more effective in reducing poverty and hunger than investment in any other sector.

Climate and weather (Reason #3)
Natural disasters such as floods, tropical storms and long periods of drought are on the increase -- with calamitous consequences for the hungry poor in developing countries.

Drought is one of the most common causes of food shortages in the world. In 2011, recurrent drought caused crop failures and heavy livestock losses in parts of Ethiopia, Somalia and Kenya. In 2012 there was a similar situation in the Sahel region of West Africa.

In many countries, climate change is exacerbating already adverse natural conditions. Increasingly, the world's fertile farmland is under threat from erosion, salination and desertification. Deforestation by human hands accelerates the erosion of land which could be used for growing food.

War and displacement (Reason #4)
Across the globe, conflicts consistently disrupt farming and food production. Fighting also forces millions of people to flee their homes, leading to hunger emergencies as the displaced find themselves without the means to feed themselves. The conflict in Syria is a recent example.

In war, food sometimes becomes a weapon. Soldiers will starve opponents into submission by seizing or destroying food and livestock and systematically wrecking local markets. Fields are often mined and water wells contaminated, forcing farmers to abandon their land.

Ongoing conflict in Somalia and the Democratic Republic of Congo has contributed significantly to the level of hunger in the two countries. By comparison, hunger is on the retreat in more peaceful parts of Africa such as Ghana and Rwanda.

Unstable markets (Reason #5)
In recent years, the price of food products has been very unstable. Roller-coaster food prices make it difficult for the poorest people to access nutritious food consistently. The poor need access to adequate food all year round. Price spikes may temporarily put food out of reach, which can have lasting consequences for small children.

When prices rise, consumers often shift to cheaper, less-nutritious foods, heightening the risks of micronutrient deficiencies and other forms of malnutrition.

Food wastage (Reason #6)
One third of all food produced (1.3 billion tons) is never consumed. This food wastage represents a missed opportunity to improve global food security in a world where one in 8 is hungry.

Producing this food also uses up precious natural resources that we need to feed the planet. Each year, food that is produced but not eaten guzzles up a volume of water equivalent to the annual flow of Russia's Volga River. Producing this food also adds 3.3 billion tonnes of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, with consequences for the climate and, ultimately, for food production."

All the above can be found at What causes hunger? | WFP | United Nations World Food Programme - Fighting Hunger Worldwide

So please, read the above and if you can find a reference to the cause that you claim will be fixed by the invention, and that would be spoilage, do tell."

You had your chance. Instead of doing the right thing, you lied again.

That isn't an attack, it is fact. Personally, I don't care if all these posts get deleted and I get banned or whatever, you're a liar and proven so. Everyone knows it.

So even if I get banned, everyone will know what you are. A liar.

Last edited by Mack Knife; 11-13-2014 at 07:47 PM..

Old 11-13-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Read post #47!

You lied.
No, it was you who lied, by omission, in post #40 https://www.city-data.com/forum/37239267-post40.html

You didn't post #47 until I had already called you out, by showing what the WFP website really says.

What is the crazy, pointless game you're playing, denying what you've posted, again and again, when everyone can see exactly what you posted?

Wait, don't answer that. Just go away.

Last edited by OpenD; 11-13-2014 at 08:16 PM..

Old 11-13-2014, 08:18 PM

You can't stop lying.

In post #40 I did not quote the WFP, I summarized the first 5 reasons and said so. I also said that anyone could go to the site and read for themselves.

In post $47 I used quotes. You know it. Your credibility is history no matter what happens now.

You can't lie you way out of this and the more you post the bigger the lies get and everyone is seeing it.

You know very well what a quote is and so does everyone else.

Now you're trying to save yourself. You can't. Like I said, it's over for you, everyone has seen what you've done.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
You can't stop lying. In post #40 I did not quote the WFP, I summarized the first 5 reasons and said so.
Concealing the fact that you were only including 5 of the 6 reasons WRP found to be the most important reasons, when the one you left off supported my position, that was deliberately deceptive. Obviously.

Continuing to argue about something like this which is so obvious is pointless. This is my thread, and it's about what I think is a very worthwhile Green Living development. You have trashed it with ridicule and obnoxious behavior. Please stop that and go away now.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:03 PM

Deceptive is what you did in the post above this one. Lying is what you did before that.

Now you start with the "please", stop acting like a victim, you started this and got caught lying about it.

I never concealed anything, in fact I posted the reference and said anyone who wanted to could read the entire text themselves.

Why not quote my entire post? Talk about deceptive. Here it is:

"In post #40 I did not quote the WFP, I summarized the first 5 reasons and said so. I also said that anyone could go to the site and read for themselves.

In post $47 I used quotes. You know it. Your credibility is history no matter what happens now.

You can't lie you way out of this and the more you post the bigger the lies get and everyone is seeing it.

You know very well what a quote is and so does everyone else.

Now you're trying to save yourself. You can't. Like I said, it's over for you, everyone has seen what you've done.
"

Now you act as some injured party. By now everyone on this forum knows about you, no matter what happens. It can't be undone.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:15 PM

My conscience is clear. I operate with integrity, I tell the truth, and I furnish reference for what I say. I always have.

This is my thread. The topic is about a simple new invention which extends the shelf life on fresh produce dramatically, without the use of refrigeration. That is the topic.

Please drop the obsessive attack, which is off topic. Just. Stop. Now.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:18 PM

You are off topic and went off topic long ago in this thread. You have no integrity on this forum, you've been exposed.

Now you're trying to cover up the fact you made accusations saying that my posts had phony information and that I changed the text when it has been proved that was a lie.

You stop. You stop telling people what to say, how to think, what to post.

Everyone on this thread has disagreed with you except one person. Now they know you lied about me and so does everyone else.

By the time all this gets deleted, everyone will have already read it. Everyone on this thread knows what you did and your credibility is finished as in gone.

Lies are off topic and that is what you did. Your little gig here is up and you can't run away from it. EVERYONE KNOWS! You lied.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:26 PM

This thread has been viewed over 1300 times and everyone knows what you did. How do I know? I keep getting reps from it.

Your threads die on the vine because of how you treat people with that passive-aggressive style you use to claim some ownership here.

Claim I posted phony information? An outright lie. You had no proof and when asked to back it up you couldn't and instead clipped my posts to deceive others. They figured it out already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living