Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 01:20 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Just in case everyone forgot.

"How do I know if they put in a non standard non communicating digital meter or if they actually lied to me and put in some sort of smart meter? And if they did lie to me what can I do ?"

That was what the OP asked about.
Clearly, the OP should cover herself in aluminum foil, put on some dark sunglasses, carefully approach the meter, read the model number, and go Google it. Apparently all the radiation exposure involved in using a computer is just fine, so it shouldn't present a problem.

Certainly none of us can walk up to the OP's house and see what it is. And we've already established the evil electric company is not trustworthy. They lie to their customers and try to kill them with radiation, don't cha know?

I find it stunning that this is even a thing. But I guess people have all sorts of irrational fears sprung out of total ignorance of even basic science.

Last edited by i7pXFLbhE3gq; 12-22-2014 at 01:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 03:41 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Clearly, the OP should cover herself in aluminum foil, put on some dark sunglasses, carefully approach the meter, read the model number, and go Google it. Apparently all the radiation exposure involved in using a computer is just fine, so it shouldn't present a problem.

Certainly none of us can walk up to the OP's house and see what it is. And we've already established the evil electric company is not trustworthy. They lie to their customers and try to kill them with radiation, don't cha know?

I find it stunning that this is even a thing. But I guess people have all sorts of irrational fears sprung out of total ignorance of even basic science.
There is always this:

https://www.lbagroup.com/products/fa...ding-enclosure

(not recommending it or anything like that)

Or cheaper:

Making a Faraday Cage - Calamity Janet

With some ingenuity one could probably make something that shielded the exposed to the house.

Speaking of this topic though, the other day I stopped for some coffee and struck up a conversation with someone building an off-grid house. They said that at night they had to turn off their wifi because the wife was concerned about getting "beamed" while they slept. This guy didn't seem off balance or a scare mongerer or anything like that and free lanced as a web designer/IT service provider so go figure.

Heck, it is makes you sleep better.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:20 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
Smart meters transmit time and load. In some regions you can select time of day pricing or demand reduction with smart meters. Another advantage is remote monitoring. With dumb meters the power company doesn't know of an outage until the calls come in. With smart meters they know instantly which customers are out and can send crews. Even if it happens when all affected customers are asleep. Conceivably they can have it corrected before anyone wakes up.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:09 PM

3 posts, read 1,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Thank you for your reply. I had thought that considering the health concerns from radiation type devices like this and the controversy surrounding them it was a green living issue. I have also read they may be at risk for starting fires and some claim they are overcharging them.

I do not want it period . There is no research to test how much radiation it puts out and many are claiming is is making them feel sick and causing health problems that they did not have before it was put in.

Is there a way to research online exactly what type of meter I have? I have been told that there are different levels of communicating meters so it may be communicating a little. I have even read they now make smart meters that look like analog meters to fool people who do not like them. I pay extra not to have it. Better to play it safe.

Update: I called FPL gave the person on the phone the number written on the meter to find out what kind of meter it was he claims based on the number written on there it is not a smart meter. I know they started replacing the meters after 2009 or so with smart meters so if my new meter is older than that it is probably not a smart meter but if it was made after 2009 it probably is. He couldnt tell me what year it was made. I hope it's true that it's not some form of communicating meter. I really want to find out for sure. I take this issue seriously.
Vanguyardisle - Reply = I have had a lot of experience with the Smart Meters and have an analog meter now in digital form. Your question on how do you know if you have an analog meter or not - answer - if they have to come out and read it each month (that you pay a fee for) then it is an analog meter.
And your concerns about Smart Meters are greatly founded as I can tell you from first hand experience.
The Smart Meter they put on my house under threat to shut off all power if I gave them any resistance on it, was not what they replied to once I put my foot down and threatened to sue them after their Smart Meter made me so sick, dizzy, constant migraines , ringing in the ears (that is really a brain damage issue not the ears). etc and then the wall fire it started and the kitchen stove it literally exploded (sounded like a bomb went off- scared me to death ), they did not give me any trouble replacing it with an analog meter and did so in less then 3 hours ! Guess they didn't want to pay for all the damages their Smart Meter did to my house and me ! And I noticed the difference immediately! So your fears are well founded and I know of many other people who have had the same things happen to them from the Smart Meters and some have even died from it. They ARE a weapon just as the 5G is and WiFi are.

One neighbor had his house burn to the ground from it, as they have been used in Calif to target certain houses. This is no joke. Directed Energy is what they call it. These ARE weapons against humankind. It also kills pets and babies and that too has happened, but it's kept quiet. But I've witnessed it. Cell phones too are dangerous. Anything wireless is dangerous. I also will not have a laptop computer because of the dangers it carries with it. I only use a PC table top computer. And I use a hard wired mouse, not wireless. I also put double layered aluminum foil over and around the black box and wires coming into the computer black box. You cannot be too careful when your health is at stake. And never have a microwave in your house ! Too much about those to go into here.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:16 PM

Vanguyardisle - Reply = I have had a lot of experience with the Smart Meters and have an analog meter now in digital form. Your question on how do you know if you have an analog meter or not - answer - if they have to come out and read it each month (that you pay a fee for) then it is an analog meter.

And your concerns about Smart Meters are greatly founded as I can tell you from first hand experience.
The Smart Meter they put on my house under threat to shut off all power if I gave them any resistance on it, was not what they replied to once I put my foot down and threatened to sue them after their Smart Meter made me so sick, dizzy, constant migraines , ringing in the ears (that is really a brain damage issue not the ears). etc and then the wall fire it started and the kitchen stove it literally exploded (sounded like a bomb went off- scared me to death ), they did not give me any trouble replacing it with an analog meter and did so in less then 3 hours ! Guess they didn't want to pay for all the damages their Smart Meter did to my house and me ! And I noticed the difference immediately! So your fears are well founded and I know of many other people who have had the same things happen to them from the Smart Meters and some have even died from it. They ARE a weapon just as the 5G is and WiFi are.

One neighbor had his house burn to the ground from it, as they have been used in Calif to target certain houses. This is no joke. Directed Energy is what they call it. These ARE weapons against humankind. It also kills pets and babies and that too has happened, but it's kept quiet. But I've witnessed it. Cell phones to are dangerous. Anything wireless is dangerous. I also will not have a laptop computer because of the dangers it carries with it. I only use a PC table top computer. And I use a hard wired mouse, not wireless. I also put double layered aluminum foil over and around the black box and wires coming into the computer black box. You cannot be too careful when your health is at stake. And never have a microwave in your house ! Too much about those to go into here.
I'm a bio-Chemic Nutritionist so this is part of my field. I research a LOT.

==

Old 12-06-2018, 10:33 PM

Not so irrational. My sister just died from 3 years of fighting cancer she got from her close neighbor who used WiFi and she got cancer from it in less then 2 years and fought for her life for 3 years following that. Your neighbor can kill you with the high frequencies they use as well. This happened to my sister - she just died two weeks ago from cancer. NO one ever had cancer in the family. And she tried to live her life as naturally as possible and was very careful herself, but she could not do anything about her close neighbors that used these high frequencies that spread out for a distance. WiFi is THAT dangerous. And it's on all schools so kids and teachers are saturated in these deadly frequencies 8 hours a day !

Those born in this generation and only know these technologies as "normal" and "natural" have no idea the dangers they are. But cancers in children and babies are now epidemic. And some babies are now born with cancer ! Never seen before ! Even just regular electric in our homes are putting certain amounts of bad frequencies in us ( at a lower and slower rate). Guess the Amish were right in not wanting any of the power technology in their community. They never get cancer.

==

Old 12-06-2018, 10:36 PM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
"They [the Amish] never get cancer"

You can make your own anti-EMF pillows out of copper scouring pads. Or nail hundreds of brillo pads to your bedroom walls, that way your "dizziness" might go away. Not too expensive, either.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
There is always this:

https://www.lbagroup.com/products/fa...ding-enclosure

(not recommending it or anything like that)

Or cheaper:

Making a Faraday Cage - Calamity Janet

And this chain mail suit is on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Medieval-Chai...ords=chainmail

I wear mine to bed at night to guard against that smart meter 2 miles away on a neighbor's house

Old 12-07-2018, 01:53 AM

7,238 posts, read 5,114,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post

I wear mine to bed at night to guard against that smart meter 2 miles away on a neighbor's house

You're so extravagant.

I made my own out of aluminum foil for only $1.50.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:40 PM

Other really good anti-EMF products, advertised on youtube:

-The QuarkQuencher® [cast iron bathtub, grounded to a cold-water pipe or radiator with 000ga. welding cables, kills pesky Gamma rays from space] $2,499.99

- The ORMN [Orgone Refrigerator-Magnet-Neutralizer] with spiritual/metalized carnelian amethyst energy and BBs. $99.9999 ea.

-The BrilloPillow© psychic-harmonizer w/ bionized obsidian pillow-case $666.66ea.

-The Outlet Stuffers [Spiritualized copper scouring pads, pound into wall outlets with any household screwdriver, blocks pesky EMF, dizzyness and carbuncles] $6.66 box of six.

-The WHOHSMC [Whole House One-Hour Stetzeriser/Martinizer Conditioner] for your laundry needs too. Connect it to the top of the closest utility pole or just leave it on the shelf in the laundry room. Transmutes negative energy into positive Chakras. $6.66 per square ft.

- The Arthur Knighthood3™ Jousting Suit, available in Tin, Bronze or Titanium. Avoids the messy bedroom lead paint method, sleep in this suit to shield against your deadly clock-radio radiation. 2 Gallon bucket of WD-40 and brass shavings included. $6,666.66 ea.

-ClockWatcher© 2,500lb lead-lined safe to contain your clock-radio , blocks dangerous invisible EMF rays from the deadly .0034watt motor. $66.666 ea. [no fair just unplugging the clock radio]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living