Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 08:01 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,513,701 times

Advertisements

D-limonene is a powerful chemical that has the potential to do a lot of damage to a person. Do not be lulled into thinking it is a nice, green chemical. It can do serious nervous system damage. Don't believe me?-read a MSDS sheet for it.

My husband got MCS, multiple chemical sensitivity in December after being exposed to Methyl alcohol. Since then I have been studying various chemicals in the hopes of avoiding making my husband more sick.

What I have found is a series of lies and misinformation about the term green and organic.

Please, please do not just buy these products, make your own. The laws in the US absolutely do not protect us from what is happening and many people like my husband are walking time bombs or walking future canary's in the coal mine.

Also stop using Plug-ins and other similar products. These products are untested and contain poisons which you are then inadvertently exposing your children and family to. Auto immune disorders are on the rise especially among the young. they have already found a connection between the houses of people who over clean and their kids having more allergies, my research although amateur suggests the next connection they will find is for fragrance products and auto immune disorders like Lupus, etc.

Thank you for your consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 10:31 AM

23,615 posts, read 70,530,525 times
You are correct that the potency of chemicals has little to do with their origin. "Making your own" that result in the same chemical (or natural equivalent) does zilch to protect you.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:03 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,513,701 times
Hi Harry, I do not advocate making your own version of a harsh chemical, this would be beside the point. I mean to make your own less toxic cleaning chemicals.

Thanks.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:17 PM

70 posts, read 111,038 times
My mcs prevents me from staying in motels and limonene is the main problem. This page explains http:// http://www.barbarakarafokas....air-fresheners I have to sleep outside in a tent at a relative's home because they all use limonene and take Claritin (and are mouth breathers). Pollen does not affect me. I have issues with methyl anything because of genetics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living