Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 08:34 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,619,671 times

Advertisements

Speaking of saving hungry people, nobody invests into air poor people breeze. Foodstuff, as any other commodity, must remain scarce to preserve economic value, otherwise foodstuff will be like air, and ruling/owning class kindly allows us to breeze for free (for time being). Thus, you need to know absolutely nothing about GMOs, just basic economics, to see that GMOs pushers simply lie when they make promises to end world' hunger. GMOs will never make food so cheap that even destitute slum dwellers could afford it. No technology employed by the capitalist economies can do that.

To stop hunger in the capitalist environment, the hungry must have something of value to exchange for food. There is no other way. The hungries must be utilized by capitalists to be fed by other capitalists. Very simple. GMOs or no GMOs. Capitalists have no use for these many hungries, thus GMO capitalists make promises they know they cannot keep. What GMOs do, like any other industrial technology, it facilitate demise of semi-subsistence rural economies outside of capitalist paradigm, the "freed" people simply have nowhere to go. Half arsed application of technologies developed by capitalists for fully specialized, impersonal 1st world economies, is real disaster for 3rd world, most of Africa' misery is caused by this.

For capitalist hunger cures, critical mass of people must be employed in the specialized, monetized economy. Simple trashing 3rd world subsistence economies with GMOs and such, without providing capitalist labor "sinks" for all those displaced people is a human and ecological disaster begging for never ending pledges to "help hungry children" by buying and shipping foodstuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 08:57 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,619,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That article (which I'd found and read before my last post) is the same sleight of hand though and the writer is essentially little more than an op-ed writer.

By focusing solely on one type and not total herbicide\insecticide etc. use....I cannot take the argument seriously.

I'm not decided on the topic, I'm just not seeing any good logical evidence.

As for your first sentence, you are assuming that everything else remained flat while B increased.

I agree B increased.

Now show me how the rest held steady? Support your assumption.

I've already posted one graph showing a total decrease.

USDA ERS - Adoption of Genetically Engineered Crops by U.S. Farmers Has Increased Steadily for Over 15 Years

Another article saying what I said here. GMOs impact on poison use was modest to none, and as pests and weeds develop resistance even that is null and void. GMOs are not panacea, it is just forever escallating war on the living things, including humans.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:04 PM

78,821 posts, read 61,027,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
USDA ERS - Adoption of Genetically Engineered Crops by U.S. Farmers Has Increased Steadily for Over 15 Years

Another article saying what I said here. GMOs impact on poison use was modest to none, and as pests and weeds develop resistance even that is null and void. GMOs are not panacea, it is just forever escallating war on the living things, including humans.
Good link.

It supports the steady use of herbicides but the large drop in insecticides.

How did you read through that and not notice the drop in insecticides?

I have to admit that my willingness to discuss this topic with you is beginning to wane if you keep ignoring facts unless they agree with you and keep using rhetoric about "escalating war on living things". It just makes be think I'm wasting my time trying to have an honest conversation.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:09 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,249,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Again. How many people have GMOs saved? You have made a stupid claim, and you have to elaborate on on that claim so we could see grand delusions of GMO fans. Just let your imagination flow. Dont be shy, be bold.
Why waste my time posting links that I've posted over and over and over and over and over and over again in these anti-Monsanto anti-GMO threads that you pro-conspiracy types never bother to read?

Old 10-03-2015, 06:52 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,710,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I can't believe ANOTHER Monsanto conspiracy thread is in progress with the same old worn-out conspiracy blatherings...

The nodding heads seem to overlook how many people throughout the world have been saved from starvation due to genetically engineered crops...

And NFN but where are the statistics to prove with accredited scientific facts the millions worldwide over the past few decades that have been killed because of this Monsanto genetically engineered crop conspiracy?

Debunking “10 scientific studies proving GMOs can be harmful to human health” | The Logic of Science

10 studies proving GMOs are harmful? Not if science matters | Genetic Literacy Project

Don't slap people or women on my thread you criminal one. Go to check your head with your violent urges. Try anger management course.

Actually "natural news" has been always right about everything.. Climate change was identified long time ago yet capitalist still try to deny it to continue making more money. Who would be right, a company making money by poisons or people who has no goals to get rich but stay healthy?

We are talking about general rights on food here

no matter if GMO would be this or that but constitution law (sorry I have no idea of american laws) should secure food for people. Law should guarantee that every each individual has a change to grow their own food by their free will and they can choose as individuals to grow and eat organic foods. You see we are talking about human body and everyone has and should have rights on their own body. They also should have rights what they are filling in.

Organic dang it! I have and I should have rights to my organic farming and feeding myself and my family by organic foodies.

Simple!

Forcing to eat non-organic is raping individuals mind, freedom and body by the food. Monsanto kills bees and creates disabled kids.

And it is already discovered that those seeds which would not need pesticides are fake because little kindom follows. They are simple saying destroying the earths system.

Monsanto Pesticides Are Making Argentinian Kids Very Sick | Care2 Causes

Of course for the money all cancers, disabled kids etc. will be "it did not happened" - category.. How they could make their millions then?

lol if people cannot see the irony of one company owning all the food

Old 10-03-2015, 02:29 PM

14,576 posts, read 23,136,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Don't slap people or women on my thread you criminal one. Go to check your head with your violent urges. Try anger management course.

Actually "natural news" has been always right about everything.. Climate change was identified long time ago yet capitalist still try to deny it to continue making more money. Who would be right, a company making money by poisons or people who has no goals to get rich but stay healthy?

We are talking about general rights on food here

no matter if GMO would be this or that but constitution law (sorry I have no idea of american laws) should secure food for people. Law should guarantee that every each individual has a change to grow their own food by their free will and they can choose as individuals to grow and eat organic foods. You see we are talking about human body and everyone has and should have rights on their own body. They also should have rights what they are filling in.

Organic dang it! I have and I should have rights to my organic farming and feeding myself and my family by organic foodies.

Simple!

Forcing to eat non-organic is raping individuals mind, freedom and body by the food. Monsanto kills bees and creates disabled kids.

And it is already discovered that those seeds which would not need pesticides are fake because little kindom follows. They are simple saying destroying the earths system.

Of course for the money all cancers, disabled kids etc. will be "it did not happened" - category.. How they could make their millions then?

Really, really hope this is a tongue in cheek post.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:54 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,249,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
I wish you anti-GMO anti-Monsanto people would get your act together, NFN on one side of your mouths you proclaim (as in the article you posted)
Quote:
Monsanto’s pesticides, and glyphosate in particular, are causing birth defects and cancer among Argentinians.
and out of the other side of your mouths (I posted this earlier in this thread)
Quote:
Glyphosate Induces Human Breast Cancer Cells Growth via Estrogen Receptors

Study Links Glyphosate To Autism, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
It's hilarious your article doesn't mention a thing about Monsanto, breast cancer, Autism, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s, not one single mention of it... I assume that scientific research has still not become the norm in Argentina, I mean absolutely nothing could cause the symptoms experienced by this village other than the Monsanto crops...

Wow, just whom did I "slap around"? My "violent urges"? My criminal record over 6 (seis) decades is spotless BTW...

I highly suggest you lodge a complaint with the Mods over the violent emoticons they have here and how upset/disturbed you are concerning their usage...

I guess you know about a persons standpoint when you call someone a shill?

Why Calling Someone A Shill Betrays The Weakness Of Your Position, And Your Inability To Defend It. - Discussionist

Quote:

Ummm, the URL you posted is over 2 (dos) years old and not from a source that anyone would consider to be very scientific or an accredited news source. The article your article cites? OOPSIES, doesn't exist...

Lumping together "all cancers, disabled kids etc." and placing their causes on GMO foods and Monsanto...

Love the anti-<whatever> crowd. Their mantra(s)?

-------> BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID <-------

-------> PREY ON PEOPLES FEARS <-------

-------> Ideology Trumps Science <-------

Last edited by plwhit; 10-03-2015 at 06:09 PM..

Old 10-07-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Really, really hope this is a tongue in cheek post.

In case you are not familiar, that body part is actually science, you can find lot of material of that stuff. Read some, it is interesting and society should pay more attention for it. But like always bad guys will win

Old 10-07-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I wish you anti-GMO anti-Monsanto people would get your act together, NFN on one side of your mouths you proclaim (as in the article you posted) and out of the other side of your mouths (I posted this earlier in this thread)

It's hilarious your article doesn't mention a thing about Monsanto, breast cancer, Autism, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s, not one single mention of it... I assume that scientific research has still not become the norm in Argentina, I mean absolutely nothing could cause the symptoms experienced by this village other than the Monsanto crops...

Wow, just whom did I "slap around"? My "violent urges"? My criminal record over 6 (seis) decades is spotless BTW...

I highly suggest you lodge a complaint with the Mods over the violent emoticons they have here and how upset/disturbed you are concerning their usage...

I guess you know about a persons standpoint when you call someone a shill?

Why Calling Someone A Shill Betrays The Weakness Of Your Position, And Your Inability To Defend It. - Discussionist

Ummm, the URL you posted is over 2 (dos) years old and not from a source that anyone would consider to be very scientific or an accredited news source. The article your article cites? OOPSIES, doesn't exist...

Lumping together "all cancers, disabled kids etc." and placing their causes on GMO foods and Monsanto...

Love the anti-<whatever> crowd. Their mantra(s)?

-------> BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID <-------

-------> PREY ON PEOPLES FEARS <-------

-------> Ideology Trumps Science <-------
If you are adult why you would need a moderator to point you just posted a pic of a slap? Cannot you just admit your bad behaviour and say you crossed the lines? No strong enough? Well, keep growing then

Posting a picture of a slap and pretending there is no slap just shows your inner self as you deny to see anything in this article too. *nothing ever happened* and you seem to be old folk so shame on you for not learning to be respectfull and worth of respecting.

I am not native english speaker and I dont try to "prove" anything to anyone. It is inside everyones own heart do they care other peoples health or not and you already proved you don't. In english I stay in very simple field.

"The Gatica family, who live only fifty meters away from fields planted with genetically modified soy, has had one young child fall mysteriously ill and a baby die after three days from kidney failure."[LEFT]
Read more: Monsanto Pesticides Are Making Argentinian Kids Very Sick | Care2 Causes
[/LEFT]

Sometimes you just need a mom to said the baby died because of poisons, that is science enough.
There is several documents and articles of these things and their connections around the world. People get ill and die and some has nerve to continue their poisoning.. And society and covernments adores markets and moneys, no human life nor kids has value.

Honest people don't need science when something new is put in and animals, plants and fetuses, kids and adults get ill that is proved enough. You can also watch documents where are stating facts, I do watch them whenever I get translations with People only need their eyes and some strenght to admit they failed, they did not create food, they created illness.

Also my mother was washed by DDT so I am one of the victims too. If she would not I would be fluent in english

I don't bother to translate your post as you belong into group of violent people without strenght nor continue communication with you.

People will learn things from different sources from different languages, they have different experiences, I would not use my time for proving clear things to someone whos only goal is to turn all into false, right?

As I said you are on the wrong thread and turning this off topic. Create your own thread for scientific debating if that is what you wish.

I set you into my ignore list

and wish you stop your off topic.

Back to topic

We collect and save all organic seeds what we have and what we get before monsanto ruins them all I don't believe any company like monsanto would keep organic organic.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
I'm concerned. Monsanto's plan is to control what we eat. They give large quantities of money to governments so they can get their way. If all Americans united and fought Monsanto their plan would be defeated. The more I live the more I wish I had lived during the Western Frontier days (think Bonanza).

Already the thought of 1 "food bank", 1 "source" of food is poor thinking from other countries. Small countries or any countries depending on 1 company who is ruling the worlds food system is poor thinking. Every country should be indepenent what comes to producing food.

Who would want to be depending on monsanto or USA generally? Not me, sorry. No trust..

As for example broiler and other animal meat factory shows they just ruined everything, animals cannot even keep themselves up anymore. Now they want to ruin plants too.

It is bigger picture what comes to seed sertifications and accepting producing and making deals. Like some could not see further enough.

Not only financial and political conflicts or terrorism but also natural catastrophes are possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living