Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 06:26 AM

23,536 posts, read 17,211,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najt View Post
I think so, do you?
that statement defies logic and denies reality.

Lot of us tree huggers have respect for the earth and all living things and deny the government claim and extremist solutions to 'reverse' a dynamic natural event.

It is an egocentric behavior we have seen many times in the past when man pretends to dominate nature.

Science deniers are the warmers who cannot produce evidence that the money spent and regs past have produced any measurable imp-act on human caused 'climate change', indistinguishable from the natural cycle of climate change.

Mainstream science in May, 1946, prof julian huxley proposed dropping two atom bombs on the artic to melt the ice to make the weather warmer, uncover productive land under the ice and reduce weather extremes that emanate from that polar region. Mainstream sciebntists from Columbia U were also on board.

Global warming compliments of man, was a good thing and promoted by mainstream science.

Just as will happen 50 years from now a new perspective will look back at today and say the same thing we would say about Huxley's idea to melt all the artic ice.

To show the media bias, some news item noted that the claim of global cooling in the 70s was based on one random article and not mainstream. Well Rutgers college of agriculture and environmental science, taught that global cooling was at our doorstep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 10:17 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,489,397 times
Quote:
I think so, do you?
What would HE do to stop YOU from "living green"?

If you want to disconnect from the grid, I doubt that he's going stop you.

Compost? Same

Recycle? Same

Collect rain water? Typically not something a Republican would push

Buy a small, high-mileage car? He might help if he tosses some of the foolish regulations that have added weight and complexity to cars

So, no, I don't see Trump doing ANYTHING to stop YOU from "living green". I just don't see him forcing others to live the lifestyle you choose. Which, lets be honest, is the goal of most so-called "environmentalists". It's about control, not the environment.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:23 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,489,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
He (Algore) is too busy to care about minor matters like the above (mentioned in woxyroxme's post) .. he is out hustling the troops to change the definition of 'hurricane' so that more absolutely wonderful scientific facts can prove climate change (and of course that man is at fault). Apparently, the scientists were all really upset that there have been no hurricanes hit the US in many years and that Matthew was not as devastating as they wanted it to be so they need to hustle up new numbers so we can have more of these horrific events.

Warming Alarmists Redefine What A Hurricane Is So We'll Have More Of Them | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD
Algore is just another hustler. He is trying to convince government to force people to partake in "carbon trading" schemes. Which just happens to force business towards the "carbon trading exchange" he started shortly before jumping on board the greenie bandwagon. He's a con-man, but does a good job playing the suckers.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:13 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,547,173 times
Quote:
I think so, do you?
Yes anyone who does not care about the environment and is in a position of power is scary to me. I do not understand how anyone could live on this planet and not care about it's welfare.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:35 AM

346 posts, read 358,271 times
One of Trump's priorities is bring back manufacturing to the USA. Many companies shift their manufacturing for cheap labor and to avoid environmental regulations and others, placed on them here in the USA. His idea of bringing back the manufacturing to our soils will make oversight available by governmental authorities.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:56 AM

Default How do we protect the environment with a Republican Clean Sweep ?

Now that the Republicans have taken power and have control of Congress, the presidency, and soon probably also the Supreme Court how do we protect our environment? I assume they will now attack clean air and water regulations and allow companies to pollute all they want to . What can we who care about the environment do to continue to protect it when those who make the rules do not?

Old 11-09-2016, 10:32 AM

746 posts, read 838,184 times
You can't be serious.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
You can't be serious.

I don't understand what you are saying by that comment. You can't be serious in thinking the Republicans have shown any interest in protecting the environment can you?

Old 11-09-2016, 10:42 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,623,074 times
Kiss the EPA goodbye. Republicans are anti science. They don't believe in climate change. The green light to large polluters now. They are free to pollute our air and water without consequences. Everybody knows Republicans are shills to big business.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:51 AM

746 posts, read 838,184 times
Good. Kiss the EPA goodbye. They have rendered themselves useless.
Most scientists and engineers I know are conservatives. We believe in climate change. How can any intelligent person deny that the climate doesn't change? That doesn't even make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living