Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 06:25 AM

473 posts, read 505,471 times

Advertisements

I suggest you Google 'fracking flammable water methane'. Water is no longer freezing in animal water troughs near waste wells. Residents are told to stay, it is safe, yet tons of fish are washing up dead nearby. You can light your water faucet on fire...could cause house explosion if methane reaches a pilot light.

I REALLY don't think President Trump will give a damn...Better to investigate home filtration systems and water catching systems (illegal in some states to try to use water off your own roof.) Off-grid living is going to need more innovations in coming years to be safe due to all the toxic water wells due to fracking - filled with tons of anti-freeze...Need the innovators to work on filtering system inventions for small-size cleanup of sludge water as most of the products sold are for bad tasting water only. Noted some thought it better to move to country area with Rural Water District available there and regularly test your water well to see if the water lights on fire....Others in small communities or rural areas are advised to try living next to large body of water or rivers in order to make sure clean water will be available in coming years.

Desalination equipment may be good investment if near coast...Who really knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 07:06 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,509,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattalk1 View Post
I suggest you Google 'fracking flammable water methane'. Water is no longer freezing in animal water troughs near waste wells. Residents are told to stay, it is safe, yet tons of fish are washing up dead nearby. You can light your water faucet on fire...could cause house explosion if methane reaches a pilot light.

I REALLY don't think President Trump will give a damn...Better to investigate home filtration systems and water catching systems (illegal in some states to try to use water off your own roof.)
What wait? That is happening now? Has Trump been the president the last 8 years? WTF, how can the Republicans be so insensitive? [/sarcasm]

Old 11-17-2016, 07:08 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,144,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Do you not see the dangers of fracking and other forms of pollution ? Don't you want clean land, air, and, water for your children ? How would you protect that without the EPA?
Seriously, you must be very young, therefore can't fathom life before your time. The fact that you started this thread with such a ridiculous premise shows that you are unaware of the consequences of a bully-agency like the EPA.

The EPA has grown into an oppressive organization of self-appointed government zealots that work for the agency because of their radical views. Yes, they are attracted to the agency because they see it as another way to gain control of our lives.

You, OP, not yet owning property or a business cannot comprehend the strong-arm policies inflicted by these federal employees because of their personal views.

To say Republicans (the party that won the election) don't want clean air and water pegs you as a know-nothing, parroting silly word-tracks provided by your Leftist masters.
BTW, like many Americans, I was an environmentalist long before the term was hijacked by the Left.

Government solutions are usually bad ideas, and always have negative unintended consequences.
Example: Department of Education.

The free market always gets it right without the Government path that costs many billions of dollars and providing questionable solutions.
Macroeconomics isn't a skill understood by politicians.

Last edited by finalmove; 11-17-2016 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-17-2016, 07:25 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,619,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
LOL! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Let's not let facts get in your way, just move the line. This reminds me of the global cooling, no global warming......no CLIMATE CHANGE fiasco. LOL

LOL, you know you do not have to use a computer or smart phone......yet you do!
Please google before typing, and attempt to address the specific points you disagree with. Bringing my computer use options do not make your point, even when your conditioned reflexes urge you to object, please try to make it rational. It's not about me as an individual, it's about "collective" I'm a part of, it's pretty much irrefutable that each and every innovation leads to a spike in consumption, waste, destruction the collective inflicts upon its habitat, yet the collective holds a very peculiar idea that if it would keep stepping on the same innovation rakes forever, a 180 degrees opposite miracle would happen.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Seriously, you must be very young, therefore can't fathom life before your time. The fact that you started this thread with such a ridiculous premise shows that you are unaware of the consequences of a bully-agency like the EPA.

The EPA has grown into an oppressive organization of self-appointed government zealots that work for the agency because of their radical views. Yes, they are attracted to the agency because they see it as another way to gain control of our lives.

You, OP, not yet owning property or a business cannot comprehend the strong-arm policies inflicted by these federal employees because of their personal views.

To say Republicans (the party that won the election) don't want clean air and water pegs you as a know-nothing, parroting silly word-tracks provided by your Leftist masters.
BTW, like many Americans, I was an environmentalist long before the term was hijacked by the Left.

Government solutions are usually bad ideas, and always have negative unintended consequences.
Example: Department of Education.

The free market always gets it right without the Government path that costs many billions of dollars and providing questionable solutions.
Macroeconomics isn't a skill understood by politicians.
Free market solutions usually involve running A, B,C ... into extinction, jacking up the prices in the process before switching to the ersatz products X,Y, Z and then running into extinction
the things it takes to manufacture X, Y, Z as well as polluting at will. Land owners want a small dominion of their own to hide from the overpopulated world, alas the more people are out there the more pressure at the unconditional property rights regardless of government or lack of thereof.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:38 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,509,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Please google before typing, and attempt to address the specific points you disagree with. Bringing my computer use options do not make your point, even when your conditioned reflexes urge you to object, please try to make it rational. It's not about me as an individual, it's about "collective" I'm a part of, it's pretty much irrefutable that each and every innovation leads to a spike in consumption, waste, destruction the collective inflicts upon its habitat, yet the collective holds a very peculiar idea that if it would keep stepping on the same innovation rakes forever, a 180 degrees opposite miracle would happen.
Yet you still choose to go on, to consume and to use computers and cell phones which are little toxic bombs.

So what I am getting is it is OK for you to pollute but not for others?

Old 11-17-2016, 07:47 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,144,154 times
Quote:
Free market solutions usually involve running A, B,C ... into extinction, jacking up the prices in the process before switching to the ersatz products X,Y, Z and then running into extinction
the things it takes to manufacture X, Y, Z as well as polluting at will. Land owners want a small dominion of their own to hide from the overpopulated world, alas the more people are out there the more pressure at the unconditional property rights regardless of government or lack of thereof.
Not familiar with the extinction of ABCs. It that a reference to one's spelling abilities?
Please provide further info. We'll be here waiting.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Yet you still choose to go on, to consume and to use computers and cell phones which are little toxic bombs.

So what I am getting is it is OK for you to pollute but not for others?
That was not my point, not my premise, try again. Google "strawman argument" after you Google Chinese pollution.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Not familiar with the extinction of ABCs. It that a reference to one's spelling abilities?
Please provide further info. We'll be here waiting.

Sorry, if people try to pretend that they have no abstract thinking abilities in lieu of making an argument, there is no point in arguing.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:55 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,633,747 times
Quote:
It's not about me as an individual, it's about "collective" I'm a part of,
And that's the entirety of your issue right there. In the USA we respect the rights of the INDIVIDUAL over the "collective."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living