Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 06:25 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,497,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
As a scientist, the above is why numbers matter. The majority of scientists are democrats, some 55%, only 6% identify as republican.

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media | Pew Research Center
Could it have something to do with the amount of them getting their money from the public teet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 06:27 AM

251 posts, read 169,257 times
Well

I am an outdoorsman

I grew up in the mountains and still spend time there weekly.

Enviormentalist know nothing about the environment lol

They are all Mall ratts who have been brainwashed by the propaganda in the media.

Everything they know came from something they Read,

Also Obama and Hillary starting war and civil unrest All over
the world is very bad for the environment.

Most people are terrified to be out in the wilderness.

The planet is billions of years old and it will be just fine without you.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:28 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,554,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Honestly? I think we are going to have to stop sitting behind our computers. Go out and physically block the pollution, reroute the pollution, color the pollution a bright pink so it cannot be ignored. How about gathering up water from coal ash ponds, bottling it, and delivering it to the houses of Republicans?

198 Methods of Nonviolent Action | Albert Einstein Institution

And I think we need to start NOW, grooming more appropriate candidates for the seats we want to take. I mean, really WORK at setting up a person for success. We know how to market a product, but for some reason can't seem to apply that directly to candidates.

We have 4 years to find (or create) a viable presidential candidate. No WAY Trump will get reelected. He's going to be exhausted by trying to juggle all his BS. I don't think Clinton will run again.
Sounds good to me. I also think the Republicans may fall in line more if they see the people really care about protecting the environment, so that means convincing more people, and also they need to see that you can create new jobs and help the environment they do not have to be in conflict, and that companies can turn a profit while not polluting so they do not have to give in to them.

Last edited by vanguardisle; 11-10-2016 at 07:15 AM..

Old 11-10-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I think many of us who voted for Trump are what you might call derogatorily 'climate deniers' (just because we don't immediately think humans are to blame every time it snows or blows or heats up or a hurricane or earthquake happen, etc. - and we don't think that humans have much, if any, power to change climates in the way you believe they can and should be changed - we believe we should adapt to nature's cycles).

That said though I also know that most of us are NOT fond of pollution - not the same thing at all (as your full definition of 'climate change') and it is unfair of you to just lump everything together - and in doing so be able to scream at us all day and night about how rotten we are - which means of course we don't want to go out to play with you even if you are playing a game we like. You created the above problem through your finger pointing and refusing to listen to us at all.

So let's all take a step or two back, please. Segregate out the pollution stuff from the rest of the 'climate change' stuff. We all want to breathe easier and not have to wipe acid rain off our glasses. We all want not to be smothered in garbage and have nuclear waste in our backyards. You are self defeating if you won't get off your high horses and work with us on the things that we ALL think are important .. first.

I would not be surprised though if you persist with your 'them against us' attitude when you don't get your way - tantrums are not that effective though. Eventually when we (the people who have been actually quite patient with you up till now) begin to get more than a little annoyed at your childish behaviour which is hurting us all, it is all going to backfire on you. Think about it all and get back to us. This IS in your interests as much as ours.

Many of us have been concerned about and/or working on pollution issues longer than many of you have been alive and yet you would accuse us of destroying your aims in that regard? Maybe we would approach the problems/solutions differently but two heads are usually much better than one and compromise often works if people listen to each other and respect each other. Just don't tell me I have to pay a carbon tax to the likes of people like Algore who have duped the heck out of you and with their actions like to make a mockery of everything they say they stand for.

It is good to know that most Republicans do care about fighting pollution but isn't it true that the politicians of your party will allow a company to pollute if it wants to? How do we convince them to force the companies to care about the pollution they create? I am more than willing to work with anyone who cares about pollution.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:39 AM

751 posts, read 843,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Do you not see the dangers of fracking and other forms of pollution ? Don't you want clean land, air, and, water for your children ? How would you protect that without the EPA?
How many people have died from fracking vs. those that have died from fighting to use Arabian oil? The sooner the US can become completely energy independent the safer this country will become.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:45 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,997,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Kiss the EPA goodbye. Republicans are anti science. They don't believe in climate change. The green light to large polluters now. They are free to pollute our air and water without consequences. Everybody knows Republicans are shills to big business.
Such ignorance.

I work for a company that is developing technology to burn clean energy at a low cost. You know, energy that powers the computer you're working on? We are a company owned by a deeply religious man who wants to provide affordable energy to the poor, in this country and others, as well as make a profit for his investors.

At every turn, we are stymied by the EPA. The costs are enormous, the testing is outrageous, and in many cases both are completely irrelevant to the technology. But the bureaucrats have the power to line their pockets, and will do so.

The result is that the energy is NOT coming to the public any time soon. A technology that would cut cost and emissions drastically. You can thank the lefty tree-huggers for that fact.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bygeorge View Post
The OP is why there will never be unity. The Flint MI water disaster happened on the democratic president shift. The disaster of dumping millions of gallons of toxic water into a western river and damaging Najavo lands happened with an incompetent EPA during democratic rule. That is just two examples. It is ridiculous to say that Republicans do not want clean air and water. Radical left leaning people will not have a reasonable discussion and see only their point of view like a cult.
I do want unity. I did not know that the dumping happened under Democrats it is just as upsetting.The question I want to ask is why was the EPA so incompetent and how do we fix that?

Isn't it true though that Republicans have much more of a history of looking the other way while companies pollute the environment as long as they are making lots of money ?

Old 11-10-2016, 06:48 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,997,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
The Flint water crisis happened under republican goverment. It was not the president job to manage the state water, it was failure of a business man turned republican governor that the state took chance on. We regret that and now America is taking the same move
You just made the point to get rid of the EPA perfectly. Thank you.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The EPA was created by Nixon and the 1990 amendment to the Clean Air Act that is considered the most important environmental legislation created was drafted by the the first Bush administration. It was passed almost unanimously and practically unaltered from what was authored by Bush.

You can relax, the EPA is not going anywhere. What you can expect is a relaxation of the rules and regulations that are making it difficult if not impossible for US companies to remain in business. I would also expect that the EPA will be stripped of their power to regulate CO2 under the 1990 amendment, it was never intended for that. Any legislation regarding CO2 will have to go through Congress first as it should.

I really just hope that they do not relax too many rules and create more pollution .I want to decrease it not increase it. You know it sounds like Nixon was a much better president than he is given credit for .

Old 11-10-2016, 06:55 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,628,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
From what i've read Republicans in general think the whole global warming issue is all a hoax perpetrated by lying scientists who just want to keep their jobs and a government that just wants an excuse to levy more taxes.
Environmentalists are also viewed with disdain and called various derogatory names, a government in total republican control will put environmental concerns at the bottom of a very long list.
That's what happens when everything you read is from far-left Democrats who's closest contact with Republicans is what someone even further on the left wrote about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living