Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 01:27 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,650,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
I don't expect to change your opinion today, I don't believe in the AGW hoax and I have told you some of the reasons why.

Keep an open mind...

Okay, fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 02:06 PM

7,311 posts, read 5,193,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
But what motive would they have? If you follow the money, ...

The prime directive of all bureaucrats is to preserve their own jobs. The best way to do that is to manufacture a problem that doesn't really exist. If it doesn't exist, it can't be solved. If it can't be solved, it will exist forever and the bureaucrat's job is safe forever.

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy freak, I'll also point out the UN's Agenda 21. Every American should inform themselves about this document....And in the 2nd UN IPCC report, they told us their goal was to transfer money from industrialized nations to poor nations.

For the "climate scientists," they know that research funds are issued based on the existence and severity of the potential problem under investigation. No problem = no money.... so they never want to prove that there's no problem.

Pinky: What are you doing tonight, Brain?
Brain: Same thing I do every night, Pinky...make plans to take over the world!

Old 08-04-2018, 02:15 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,258,811 times
Can we make the correlation in yet another thread that 100% of the posters who think human caused climate change is a hoax belong to the same political party?

Old 08-04-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
The prime directive of all bureaucrats is to preserve their own jobs. The best way to do that is to manufacture a problem that doesn't really exist. If it doesn't exist, it can't be solved. If it can't be solved, it will exist forever and the bureaucrat's job is safe forever.

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy freak, I'll also point out the UN's Agenda 21. Every American should inform themselves about this document....And in the 2nd UN IPCC report, they told us their goal was to transfer money from industrialized nations to poor nations.

For the "climate scientists," they know that research funds are issued based on the existence and severity of the potential problem under investigation. No problem = no money.... so they never want to prove that there's no problem.

Pinky: What are you doing tonight, Brain?
Brain: Same thing I do every night, Pinky...make plans to take over the world!

NASA is responsible for the civilian space program, aeronautics and aerospace research. Whether climate change is real or not has no impact on their funding.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:53 PM

30,253 posts, read 11,879,363 times
Quote:
Very sad, sobering article. I guess we are done, no way to stop the impending disaster.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ing-earth.html

Well at least you are not fear mongering! Oh wait.

I believe AGW is real. I don't like the prescription to fight it. I think Solar Geoengineering is the solution in the short term. The technique is called stratospheric aerosol injection.

We can take this up again in 20 or 30 years with a cooler earth and better ways to tackle it without bankrupting the world.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...record/536004/

Ken Caldeira wasn’t so sure—though he said that last month’s meeting helped solar geoengineering seem real to him. “The meeting made me take it a little more seriously as something practical, and not just theoretical,” he said.

He continued: “I think it really rests on this question of: Is climate change going to be catastrophic, or is it going to be a nuisance and an ongoing cost? If it’s a nuisance, probably people will muddle through. But if climate change does turn out to be catastrophic, then solar geoengineering is pretty much the only way that our political system could start cooling the Earth in a few years or decades.”

Old 08-04-2018, 05:08 PM

7,311 posts, read 5,193,006 times
Quote:
NASA is responsible for the civilian space program, aeronautics and aerospace research. Whether climate change is real or not has no impact on their funding.

You need to educate yourself. https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/

Old 08-04-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
You need to educate yourself. https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/
NASA was created in 1958. They have no need to falsify data to stay in existence.

Even some repub politicians are fully aware that climate change needs to be addressed. The climate science program trump attempted to axe was restored by the House of Representatives. To quote: The House appropriations panel that oversees NASA unanimously approved an amendment to a 2019 spending bill that orders the space agency to set aside $10 million within its earth science budget for a “climate monitoring system” that studies “biogeochemical processes to better understand the major factors driving short and long term climate change.”

That sounds almost identical to the work that NASA’s Carbon Monitoring System (CMS) was doing before the trump administration targeted the program, which was getting about $10 million annually, for elimination this year.

Old 08-04-2018, 05:55 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,073,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Not to worry, global warming is just a hoax made up by liberals. The 30 year drought in the southwest is just a normal weather pattern.
Nope...not normal. The "normal" drought pattern in the southwest is 150 years.

Read this....

https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520...-without-water

The last 100 years in the southwest have been MUCH WETTER than normal. Read the book.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:43 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,199,089 times
The time to put policies and programs in place to head off climate change was in the 70's, when the predictions of these wildfires, etc. were first made and publicized.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The time to put policies and programs in place to head off climate change was in the 70's, when the predictions of these wildfires, etc. were first made and publicized.
And that is what the article I linked to addresses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living