Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 07:28 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,248,713 times

Advertisements

Teracore, lets try a little experiment. Your posts are all way off topic but maybe thats OK now.

You said a whole bunch of things but how about focusing on one (or more if you want) and see if you can back up what you said with a link. Ie, research what you said using google find the link and then repost them here. If its the Paris accord, find something you dont like in that agreement (post the link), then back up why its wrong and post the supporting link again.

Give it a try.. If you cant back anything up from the internet, let us know the specific TV or radio source you heard it from.

If its just your opinion, let us know. If its an expert opinion and dont need to back anything up, why are you an expert?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 11:47 AM

7,237 posts, read 5,114,062 times
Terracore is right. The series of GW conferences and resulting policies are political documents the redistribute wealth from industrialized nations to under-developed nations. How is that China, with the world's second largest economy, is considered "under-developed" and a designated recipient of funds from other nations?

The US is the only country among the signatories of the previous agreements that actually met its goals of co2 control. ...Basically the agreements said they were going to throw a party and the US was supposed to pay for it. When the Trump admin. decided we weren't going to go to the party, the others got upset because they had no one to foot the bill....

We did out part in co2 reduction (if anyone actually thinks that's important) so why do we need to be part of the treaty?

If you don't believe us, you look it up to prove us wrong.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:40 PM

You must also think that some people have a past history of making stuff up or distorting or bearing their testimony of what they heard on the radio.

No link.. no credibility. From my past history, Im going with a serious distortion. No link.. no credibility and why bother discussing.

No link.. no credibility

Come on.. I dont think either of you can come up with a link to back up what you said. You will note that I always try to because this topic is the target of funded distortion so you have to know where info came from.

Old 05-12-2020, 03:53 PM

4,410 posts, read 4,893,246 times
The reason is simple. The Paris Accord has never been published for "us little people" to see. It's contents are a secret, because it's a globalist wealth transfer scheme that aims to lower the standard of livings of rich countries and redistribute it to poor countries under the guise of "climate change".

You can't have infinite growth on a finite planet, there is no way to bring every country up to the standards of living the USA enjoys. To even the playing field you have to knock us down a couple of pegs.

I've never seen a scientific solution proposed for climate change, all I have seen are political ones based on imposing taxes and transferring wealth.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltcolorado View Post
I dont think either of you can come up with a link to back up what you said. .

...and we don't think you can come up with a link to back up your position.

BTW- in regards funding for propaganda-- the money going to "research" on GW from leftist organizations absolutely dwarfs that from oil companies to skeptical scientists https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/...y-henry-payne/

https://www.heritage.org/environment...e-change-money

https://judithcurry.com/2015/05/06/i...mate-research/

There's hundreds more like this.

--suggest you delve into the history of GW as a political wedge issue. Ironically, it was started by Margaret Thatcher on the advice of one of her political advisers. After she herself researched the issue, she saw the lack of scientific support for the matter. By then, it had been usurped by the liberal politicos.

Just an incidental point providing circumstantial evidence that this is political, not scientific: what scientist would express the amount of a gas in "tons?" Gases are measured in moles. But this is an example of fooling the science-naïve masses with big numbers. (Ooooh! Wow! a TON of co2!... Mole? Mole? What's a mole?)

Old 05-12-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Terracore is right. The series of GW conferences and resulting policies are political documents the redistribute wealth from industrialized nations to under-developed nations. How is that China, with the world's second largest economy, is considered "under-developed" and a designated recipient of funds from other nations?

The US is the only country among the signatories of the previous agreements that actually met its goals of co2 control. ...Basically the agreements said they were going to throw a party and the US was supposed to pay for it. When the Trump admin. decided we weren't going to go to the party, the others got upset because they had no one to foot the bill....

We did out part in co2 reduction (if anyone actually thinks that's important) so why do we need to be part of the treaty?

If you don't believe us, you look it up to prove us wrong.
This is GLM's post that I asked for the backup reference on.. I would genuinely like to read more on this..

FYI, I will read the Judithcurry article later.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:29 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
So is that a question? With the world shut down what did you expect? All I can tell you that the likes of AOC are living their Green New Deal and loving it. No surprise the side that wants to keep people at home are the Democrats. Talk about being on the wrong side.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:57 PM

Just an update: co2 levels at Mauna Loa are still on the rise as air & motor traffic remains somewhat curtailed. While that's not proof that human produced co2 is not important, it's consistent with the idea that it's not, and lends no support to the idea that it is. (Jet & motor vehicle production of co2 is a small percentage [20%] of human fossil fuel use, so this "experiment" isn't really powered adequately to prove my point...If co2 levels had fallen, I would have a hard time defending my position.)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living